Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 115 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Got it. Not sure bad news is coming to players school and fans cuz he's returning. That's good news.
Correct. I think they know this would look bad if they were a day away from dropping a bomb on UConn so I think it’s a positive sign that he’s staying

Reaction Score
You’re welcome.
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
Thread progression here is lightning fast - replying 14 screens later - to offer...

Fair points, especially if he does leave. There will be a not-insignificant portion of the fanbase feeling jilted, or worse, betrayed with legacy tarnished. I'd be in there somewhere, especially given the parameters of years at UConn, age, the job itself, and the location.

Conversely, if he stays, I reckon there will be a portion of the fanbase that, perhaps over time, will align with DogMania. But I also reckon the majority, and the national profile, would fete him for turning the Lakers down to stay.
I equate this situation to a spouse who goes out on a date with someone else, but afterwards decides to stay with their spouse. Even if tempted, they should not have even considered it and trust will need to be earned.

I'm all about forgiveness and am not the type that holds grudges, but it's only natural to wonder when will be the next time he or she decides there's something better. He said he wants to coach in the NBA someday, so the temptation will always be there.

Don't get me wrong, I do hope Danny gets to experience his dream and be an NBA head coach someday, but now is not the right time for him. Too many chose UConn because of him, as recent as a last week with Karaban returning. The Laker job as far as the current roster construction and near future construction is not anywhere close to championship level. Hurley himself is just not ready. Do any of you see LeBron or Davis willing to defer and sacrifice shots to the other teammates, running all over the court, defending for 24 seconds trip after trp, game after game, and be okay with Hurley laying into them during practice? His sidelines antics will get him T'd up before the first quarter is over. I don't think he's ready, and no matter how much money you throw at him won't make him ready for the NBA, nor make LA a culture that he and his family will feel is home.

Now if I was in Hurley's shoes the chance to 3-Peat and join CBB elite which consists of only legendary coach John Wooden is far more valuable than whatever contract LA could ever offer. His UConn contract is far more than what most of us could ever dream of making, which I'm sure will be even more lucrative if he decides to stay.

The NBA will be there for him someday. Danny, continue to make your mark at the collegiate level. Jump to the NBA at a time when the decision can be made when there is a succession plan in place and when players and staff have a window do decide to stay, leave or remain or come to UConn.

I like Danny, but as someone, or others have said, if he's the man we thought he was, he will remain UConn's head coach for this coming season. To chose otherwise, he's not who we thought he was. It's that simple. Of course he has a right to choose whatever he wants to do. That doesn't mean we should believe that becoming LA's next head coach is the right choice.

Us fans, are the least of all the factors, but we constantly heard from players and coaches, how important we are. I'm sure I'm speaking for most, if not all of us, with all the talk of a 3-Peat and all the players and coaches coming together with the hope of making a run at history means something to us, and Danny even considering walking away from it is nothing less than a sucker punch to the gut, where all the talk about UConn Nation doesn't matter! That's just how I feel. Even if this was all about trying to get a better UConn contract, the collateral damage with players, staff, students and fans just feels wrong.

Reaction Score
So I mean what is it? I don’t subscribe to Trilly but I hear his info hasn’t been great lately anywhere.

I also don’t subscribe to that UConn network but I can’t imagine they will outscoop any national reporter.

and all of Twitter started their celebrating last night with memes, now they’re dead silent tonight, and a few have “sad memes” that have been posted. Those don’t look great. I like their spaces but sometimes they’re a little out of pocket with how close they think they actually are with the program.

So. Where are we??

Reaction Score
I equate this situation to a spouse who goes out on a date with someone else, but afterwards decides to stay with their spouse. Even if tempted, they should not have even considered it and trust will need to be earned.

I'm all about forgiveness and am not the type that holds grudges, but it's only natural to wonder when will be the next time he or she decides there's something better. He said he wants to coach in the NBA someday, so the temptation will always be there.

Don't get me wrong, I do hope Danny gets to experience his dream and be an NBA head coach someday, but now is not the right time for him. Too many chose UConn because of him, as recent as a last week with Karaban returning. The Laker job as far as the current roster construction and near future construction is not anywhere close to championship level. Hurley himself is just not ready. Do any of you see LeBron or Davis willing to defer and sacrifice shots to the other teammates, running all over the court, defending for 24 seconds trip after trp, game after game, and be okay with Hurley laying into them during practice? His sidelines antics will get him T'd up before the first quarter is over. I don't think he's ready, and no matter how much money you throw at him won't make him ready for the NBA, nor make LA a culture that he and his family will feel is home.

Now if I was in Hurley's shoes the chance to 3-Peat and join CBB elite which consists of only legendary coach John Wooden is far more valuable than whatever contract LA could ever offer. His UConn contract is far more than what most of us could ever dream of making, which I'm sure will be even more lucrative if he decides to stay.

The NBA will be there for him someday. Danny, continue to make your mark at the collegiate level. Jump to the NBA at a time when the decision can be made when there is a succession plan in place and when players and staff have a window do decide to stay, leave or remain or come to UConn.

I like Danny, but as someone, or others have said, if he's the man we thought he was, he will remain UConn's head coach for this coming season. To chose otherwise, he's not who we thought he was. It's that simple. Of course he has a right to choose whatever he wants to do. That doesn't mean we should believe that becoming LA's next head coach is the right choice.

Us fans, are the least of all the factors, but we constantly heard from players and coaches, how important we are. I'm sure I'm speaking for most, if not all of us, with all the talk of a 3-Peat and all the players and coaches coming together with the hope of making a run at history means something to us, and Danny even considering walking away from it is nothing less than a sucker punch to the gut, where all the talk about UConn Nation doesn't matter! That's just how I feel. Even if this was all about trying to get a better UConn contract, the collateral damage with players, staff, students and fans just feels wrong.
I don’t disagree with you. I don’t know how I feel about it. All I know is I’ll be thrilled if he announces he staying. But you’re right, in the back of my mind I’ll always now wonder when the shoe is going to drop

Reaction Score
I was reminded of something tonight. When Hurley was choosing between URI and UConn, he basically locked himself in his house for 3 days to mull it over. He’s out at a concert tonight, 24 hours after his meeting with the Lakers.

Took him 3 days for a 30 mile move west and a Blue Blood job. But it’s gonna take him less than 24 hours to pack his entire life up, move across the country, and leave behind a roster primed to 3-peat and plant his legacy as one of the greatest coaches of all time?

Reaction Score
I was reminded of something tonight. When Hurley was choosing between URI and UConn, he basically locked himself in his house for 3 days to mull it over. He’s out at a concert tonight, 24 hours after his meeting with the Lakers.

Took him 3 days for a 30 mile move west and a Blue Blood job. But it’s gonna take him less than 24 hours to pack his entire life up, move across the country, and leave behind a roster primed to 3-peat and plant his legacy as one of the greatest coaches of all time?
Nothing about him choosing LA tomorrow fits the guy we’ve grown to know and love. Nothing.

Reaction Score
if that meeting isn't happening how do we expect the news to come out? is it just going to leak after practice or something?

Reaction Score
Just a friendly reminder that UConn is a blue blood and the back to back national champions. We were great before Dan Hurley, we’ll be great after Dan Hurley (whenever he decides to move on). That said, for selfish reasons I hope coach comes back and takes a shot at #3, which would cement him as a top 5 all-time college coach imo.

Reaction Score

Agree, but it’s the lakers. Heck, I was born and raised in CT and a lifelong UConn fan, but even I’d listen if they called.

Reaction Score
I just googled "Hurley Lakers" on Google News and was astonished to count 97 articles on the topic. NO, I didn't read them all but wholey c**p!!!!! What a scene.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with you. I don’t know how I feel about it. All I know is I’ll be thrilled if he announces he staying. But you’re right, in the back of my mind I’ll always now wonder when the shoe is going to drop
Eventually the other shoe will drop...but in a time frame that does not threaten to decimate the program that he helped rebuild as it would now in early June

Reaction Score
Agree, but it’s the lakers. Heck, I was born and raised in CT and a lifelong UConn fan, but even I’d listen if they called.
Listen, yes. Make a decision like that in less than 24 hours? Hurley is a total weirdo lmao. He isn’t making that choice that fast.

Also, Luke Murray is a hero. Go read the latest update on Storrs Central. Murray isn’t ready for this ride to be over yet

Reaction Score
Listen, yes. Make a decision like that in less than 24 hours? Hurley is a total weirdo lmao. He isn’t making that choice that fast.

Also, Luke Murray is a hero. Go read the latest update on Storrs Central. Murray isn’t ready for this ride to be over yet
Build Luke a fckn statue

Reaction Score
and in a time frame that ensures UCONN has the best succession plan possible
Agree a 100%. Leaving without a solid succession plan that keeps the program strong shows you care and respect the program. If he chooses to leave now, bringing any if the assistant coaches with him, shows how little he cares about the program, players, students and fans. I think the window fir most if not all the players to go elsewhere has closed, and if not, then the program and fan base, after what was turning out to be another exciting season, takes such an abrupt 180.

The more I dissect this, the more wrong it seems. I've been a long time Husky and CBB fan, and as disappointed I've felt, heartbreaking tournament losses in the 90s, sans 99, losing out on recruits, impact injuries (AJ's AVM), Nadav not returning after the dream season, etc., none come close to what it will be like if Danny choose the Lakers. Okay, Nadav deciding not to return left a scar. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom