Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 109 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
According to Trilly the decision will likely come out tomorrow and there's a team meeting scheduled to discuss it
Yeah I saw that too. pretty huge stuff. would expect storrs central guys to have it first, but I could be wrong.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I don’t like the silence.

Initially I thought that him leaving without signing the deal was a positive. But the longer this goes……ughhh.
C'mon, Rich. .meetings need planning. All participants have to rearrange schedules. This is BIG time stuff.

Reaction Score
Yea been saying it for 48 hours- had a feeling this was the way Hurley was going to do it…..

Reaction Score
No it sounds like a coach who respects his players wants to tell them his decision directly and not have them find out via a Woj tweet

Only if he’s telling them he’s gone.

Reaction Score
it certainly would sound like he is gone with the meeting but on the other hand, I think it would have been leaked on the LA side of things

Reaction Score
Little different in the age of the transfer portal, at least. I don't think it's nearly as important as even 10 years ago.

Agreed.

I also don’t buy the premise that if he comes back he’ll be viewed as having a foot out the door. He’s always said he has aspirations to coach in the nba. I don’t think turning down $100 million from the lakers makes those aspirations seem stronger if anything it makes him look more committed to UConn, especially since if he comes back it’s going to result in a big new contract

Reaction Score
Imagine if you’re Nowell, Abraham, McNeeley, Mahaney, or Reed tonight. They came here, moved into the dorms, and are starting to get acclimated to the campus, their new teammates, and coaching staff, and have this meeting scheduled tomorrow. My gosh I hope this goes the way virtually all of us are hoping it does.

Reaction Score
I know I'm a Hurley fanboy but this is such a bad take take it doesn't even rate being a hypothetical. We all have egos and the rest has no past precident.
The guy loves the attention now. Sorry, but he is just a different person now than he was previously. IMO regardless if he stays or goes my opinion of him has changed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom