Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 111 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I can't help but wonder what Hurley's agent is thinking. His % of the LA package has to be way more than UConn, but he is with Geno too who has reupped.

Reaction Score
Well here's what the "old guy" (85) thinks. He is a incredibly gifted coach, and is being pulled, not so much by the money, but rather the challenge. The expectation is, if he returns the Huskies will 3 peat. Huge amount of pressure, which I don't think bothers him, but if he fails to deliver that, fan base will be most disappointed. He is on the seesaw, which is balanced by 2 choices, Huskies or NBA. One can only imagine going through that kind of decision making outcome. Place your bets....Which side of the seesaw will be up in the air tomorrow. My belief is, with a heavy heart, that he will depart......SO WANT TO BE WRONG.....and as the late great Jim Valvano said "NEVER GIVE UP"! Go Huskies

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
At least the kids can reopen their recruitment and go elsewhere if Hurley decides to advance his career at the pro level. In the past they might have been stuck. I am sure all the players are currently being contacted by other schools.
They could but man they just moved in here in recent weeks and planned for the next chapter of their lives to be here. I get life has twists and turns. It’s not great for the existing players to go through either, but at least they’ve experienced the highs of the sport together.

Reaction Score
It’s probably the most prestigious job in the sport. That’s the point. You don’t have to be a fan of them to know turning that down to stay home is a huge deal.

Insane I have to even explain this

It’s not the most prestigious job in the sport. If it was they would have Spo or Kerr by now. The Lakers job is actually terrible when you consider the current roster construction, and future draft capital

Reaction Score
it certainly would sound like he is gone with the meeting but on the other hand, I think it would have been leaked on the LA side of things

I don’t get this. He very well might bounce but the fact that they had a meeting doesn’t mean anything. Was he going to leave before meeting with the team that’s recruiting him?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
As bad as the last 72 hours have been, god forbid he leaves, the agony of watching us trying to salvage our roster for the rest of June will be beyond brutal.

I will serially dread even thinking about looking on the BY for fear of what the next post is called.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I don’t get this. He very well might bounce but the fact that they had a meeting doesn’t mean anything. Was he going to leave before meeting with the team that’s recruiting him?
I think he means the team meeting, not meeting with LA.

Reaction Score
It’s probably the most prestigious job in the sport. That’s the point. You don’t have to be a fan of them to know turning that down to stay home is a huge deal.

Insane I have to even explain this
How do you think they’ve been feeling for the last few days? It’s their time. This dalliance has infringed on it.

Reaction Score
It’s not the most prestigious job in the sport. If it was they would have Spo or Kerr by now. The Lakers job is actually terrible when you consider the current roster construction, and future draft capital
I’m sure you know prestigious doesn’t mean “best”. The iconic Los Angeles Lakers offered him 100 million dollars. And he’d be saying no to that. Any kid not amped and inspired by that probably wouldn’t have been recruited by this staff in the first place.

Reaction Score
This guy on his space said the Lakers have made it their main priority to keep things locked and sealed after a debacle a couple years ago

I mean, he could be right but what debacle is he talking about? Plus, it’s not like Hurley would be poached elsewhere or JJ Redick would sign with another team lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom