Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 107 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Damn. This makes way too much disheartening sense to me.
Maybe so.

After all, Phil Jackson who knew her well, did not commit to her and marry her.

Must have been something he didn't like.

Or 3rd option is Hurley's insane ego likes the drama and intends to drag it out one way or another. 4th option is he is finalizing a UConn contract and public employees refuse to work on weekends. My honest opinion is if this was LA it would have been leaked. Hurley would have most certainly told his players already, I would think.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure it could also easily be working something out with UConn he wouldn’t announce before either deal is set is stone. Woj said it could easily take till Sunday to decide if other way. Longer doesn’t automatically mean bad, in my head it may be good because things could easily be leaking by now.
It would be odd too that he’d be talking to real estate brokers here when he and Andrea reportedly didn’t take any time to look at neighborhoods out there.

Reaction Score
The longer it takes the more likely he's gone. He's lining up who to take, meeting with accountants and wealth management pros, real estate brokers, etc.

Turning down the offer only takes a press release.

That, or he needs to speak to the AD, and he's out of state.

The only thing for 100% certain is I have no idea what he's thinking.
Have you considered that he might need time to think about it because it’s a really tough decision and he needs to weigh his options with his family after hearing the Lakers pitch?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Aren’t half the big ten schools smaller than the average (I guess median) big ten school? I know we’re much bigger than some. Northwestern for example.
I don’t know about the new schools coming in but only accounting for public institutions (so not Northwestern) we are only ahead of Nebraska and Iowa (and barely Iowa… within a thousand students per my brief research).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah. That’s not it at all. It’s about having the security in our coach that schools like UK, Kansas, Duke, and North Carolina have enjoyed over the years. Calhoun gave us that, I’d like Hurley to be one of those guys too.

I’m not being crazy about it. If he wants to be an NBA guy, fine. I just wish he’d be a college guy and set records for us. A coach that can say, “I’m the best coach in CBB and I have the best program” is going to recruit really, really well and do historic things. I hope he decides to do that.
I think that displays a unearned sense of entitlement.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The longer it takes the more likely he's gone. He's lining up who to take, meeting with accountants and wealth management pros, real estate brokers, etc.

I heard AD Dave left Tallahassee early so he may be back by now.

Also Jared from Storrs central said decision should be made by Sunday.

Waiting could also mean Hurley trying to get more money for assistants, a bigger staff to manage the portal, NIL money, etc.

It’s anyone’s guess.

Reaction Score
Has it been a stepping stone? Geno and Jim and the Ollie Folly, thats it for 40 years except for Dan Hurley
Geno has said that his intention upon coming to Connecticut was to stay maybe ten years then move on to a bigger and better job, so it really wasn't until things got established that he realized this was the job that he was ultimately looking for and didn't think he could have at UConn.

Reaction Score
I think the Lakers' recent decree that DH was their primary choice was pure BS and that neither JJ nor Borrego have been embraced by the King and that he demanded Buss et all to see if DH was available.
DH is a very smart guy. He is completely aware that his decision to stay is 1000% desired by UConn Nation. He is completely aware that leaving will have a profound short term and most likely long term impact on the future Men's BB program.
Given that Kentucky would have given him a salary in the neighborhood of $ 8-10 M per year and he said No thanks makes me believe (for what that's worth) that $$ is not the biggest issue for him.
Lakers interest is a huge ego boost for sure. But there are better jobs in the NBA like a San Antonio with Wemby and with Pop getting really old, that could be available with in the next few years.
I'm sure DH feels he has unfinished business here and he won't leave before the season starts because of the damage it would cause. Now, a 3rd Chip would place him in rarified air and then I think he'll be gone...

Reaction Score
It would be very disrespectful of Danny to announce the decision on the same day/time of the Celtics Finals game in Boston tomorrow, especially if he's leaving. Very disrespectful.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Except for this one. Word is he’ll decide by tomorrow. Thats’s not some long drawn-out process. That’s real quick, without much time for the Lakers to do anything.

Reaction Score
Thinking this through a bit more…

It’s the Lakers. I might not like it but you know, I definitely understand if he leaves.

If I’m the recruits….i don’t know how I’d think about this. On the one hand, yeah, the coach you wanted to play for left. But on the other…..you were recruited by the next head coach of the Lakers. So the place must be doing something right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom