Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 108 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
The longer it takes the more likely he's gone. He's lining up who to take, meeting with accountants and wealth management pros, real estate brokers, etc.

Turning down the offer only takes a press release.

That, or he needs to speak to the AD, and he's out of state.

The only thing for 100% certain is I have no idea what he's thinking.
Um, or it's taking time to iron out the revised UConn offer.

Reaction Score
I was once offered 10 million for a minority share in a business my wife and I started 3 years earlier for nine grand. We turned it down in the end because we loved our life and knew this couldn’t improve it. Is this relevant? No idea
You’ve picked my interest. Out of curiosity, did your business stay viable and monetarily valuable? notwithstanding fact that money does not equate to happiness.

Reaction Score
I was once offered 10 million for a minority share in a business my wife and I started 3 years earlier for nine grand. We turned it down in the end because we loved our life and knew this couldn’t improve it. Is this relevant? No idea
Same.

Reaction Score
You’ve picked my interest. Out of curiosity, did your business stay viable and monetarily valuable? notwithstanding fact that money does not equate to happiness.
It’s complicated. The investor was someone who distributed our product and made money off us further down the chain. The investment stipulated building a new production facility. We’re in a very changeable industry and chose to close the business while things were still good and moved to England and built a version of the same business. I know that doesn’t neatly answer anything.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
From C's fan, enough with the Knicks already:

Any Danny ain't going to LA

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Maybe Hurley is just entertaining the Lakers for the recognition and publicity. This will surely draw the attention of every new recruit and will force UConn to pay him more. Win/Win.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Key Tweets on Conference realignment has to be up there. Over a decade of suffering and going strong.

I didn't count those because they have been merged many times with other threads. But yes, each has 3 million views.

Reaction Score
Or 3rd option is Hurley's insane ego likes the drama and intends to drag it out one way or another. 4th option is he is finalizing a UConn contract and public employees refuse to work on weekends. My honest opinion is if this was LA it would have been leaked. Hurley would have most certainly told his players already, I would think.
I am not sure if I am just being hopeful but your scenario sounds logical..

Reaction Score
Thinking this through a bit more…

It’s the Lakers. I might not like it but you know, I definitely understand if he leaves.

If I’m the recruits….i don’t know how I’d think about this. On the one hand, yeah, the coach you wanted to play for left. But on the other…..you were recruited by the next head coach of the Lakers. So the place must be doing something right.
Think a bit harder.

Reaction Score
'Recruiting will get far more difficult if he's viewed as having one foot out the door.
Not necessarily. Not if a time line is in place and one of our two amazing assistants is tagged as the coach in waiting. It can actually be quite seamless.

Reaction Score
The longer it takes the more likely he's gone. He's lining up who to take, meeting with accountants and wealth management pros, real estate brokers, etc.

Turning down the offer only takes a press release.

That, or he needs to speak to the AD, and he's out of state.

The only thing for 100% certain is I have no idea what he's thinking.
If thats the case then would seem likely to leak.

Reaction Score
Um, or it's taking time to iron out

I am not sure if I am just being hopeful but your scenario sounds logical..
Makes sense.
Am I right that nothing specific leaked from whatever he said to the team on Thursday? If so, does that mean anything?
Might he have told them not to sweat it -- he has to show due respect to a potentially incredible offer but doesn't plan to leave?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom