Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 104 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I heard from my neighbors substitute cleaning lady whose cousin was a backup point guard on the Kapustastan Olympic basketball squad who dated Miss Kapustastan’s younger sister whose former boyfriend was a graduate of Yale and then went to grad school at Duke where he majored in quantum sadistics that Dan Hurley ‘s chances of staying at UCONN is 57 to 43.

No joke, heard the same. I think it’s a wrap.

Reaction Score
If he comes back and doesn’t shut down the NBA for good that’s going to hurt us in recruiting. I want him back but if things are like this the next couple years I don’t see how it doesn’t have a negative impact. There will never really be a great time to leave.

awy

Reaction Score
If he comes back and doesn’t shut down the NBA for good that’s going to hurt us in recruiting. I want him back but if things are like this the next couple years I don’t see how it doesn’t have a negative impact. There will never really be a great time to leave.
it's fine as long as there's continuity on the nba level program quality. the player dev and offense scheme.

Reaction Score
Read it closer. It actually said he's Danny Hurley's agent, and about to make $10 million from thr deal, but is a little short of cash right now. If you wire him $10k he'll split the $10 million with you once DH pays him.
Such a deal no Husky fan can refuse.

Reaction Score
If its bad news he‘ll probably want to tell Benedict and his players before he even tells the Lakers (so they cant leak it). If its good news, (bad news for Lakers) he‘ll tell the Lakers first and if it gets leaked so what?

So, if we get to Monday’s practice (someone said there was practice Monday) and we haven‘t heard any good news before that, I‘ll be freaking out.

Reaction Score

Assuming he does have ambition to coach in the NBA someday it’s potentially a brilliant PR move.

Go through this high profile process, spurn the mighty Lakers and choose to stay at UConn. UConn gets to puff its chest that he chose little old us over LeBron and the Lakers.

UConn nation is put on notice that he is serious about coaching in the NBA but he knows it’s not the right time.

A few years from
now he leaves for the Knicks, Sixers, Nets, whatever…..under much more understandable circumstances. It could still feel like a win overall for UConn.

Reaction Score
I don’t really want a coach that wants to go to the NBA. I prefer a guy that knows he’s a college coach. I’m not saying I want Hurley to leave, I don’t. I’d just like him to come out and say that you can never say never, but UConn is the only job he wants. When you’ve got the Knicks, Nets, Sixers and Celtics all being potential destinations for him, that’s a lot of job openings over a few years. NBA coaches turnover like crazy, even when they do a good job. I don’t want a circus all the time.

Reaction Score
Assuming he does have ambition to coach in the NBA someday it’s potentially a brilliant PR move.

Go through this high profile process, spurn the mighty Lakers and choose to stay at UConn. UConn gets to puff its chest that he chose little old us over LeBron and the Lakers.

UConn nation is put on notice that he is serious about coaching in the NBA but he knows it’s not the right time.

A few years from
now he leaves for the Knicks, Sixers, Nets, whatever…..under much more understandable circumstances. It could still feel like a win overall for UConn.
If he ever left for the Nets that would be ming boggling…..

Reaction Score
I don’t really want a coach that wants to go to the NBA. I prefer a guy that knows he’s a college coach. I’m not saying I want Hurley to leave, I don’t. I’d just like him to come out and say that you can never say never, but UConn is the only job he wants. When you’ve got the Knicks, Nets, Sixers and Celtics all being potential destinations for him, that’s a lot of job openings over a few years. NBA coaches turnover like crazy, even when they do a good job. I don’t want a circus all the time.
Agreed, but I don't think we'll see that. If Hurley stays I don't think it will be because of money, it will be because he evaluated everything about NBA coaching and decided that college is better for him.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score

A few years from
and in a time frame that ensures UCONN has the best succession plan possible

Reaction Score
We will see what happens with recruiting. DH is contemplating leaving guys he just recruited six or so weeks ago (not doing the math). How could a "Ross clone" contemplate committing to UConn and seeking playing time 3 or 4 years from now. Even Thomas should be wondering if Hurley is going to be around for him. For those guys, why not choose a school with a coach that is committed to his players and his school (or so the negative recruiting message will be).

Of course, some will be thinking "Wow, I can play for the coach that turned down the Lakers and LeBron."

Reaction Score
It doesn’t though. Kansas and Bill Self will never have to worry about this. Every successful college coach goes through this probably once. But with Hurley this will probably be a yearly occurrence until he leaves
Maybe maybe not. He might grow to realize that this is his home and where he belongs. Maybe he would come to the realization that his reality is better than a dream. Coach K flirted with the NBA and then stopped.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom