Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 103 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
If DH comes back we can carve a mt. Rushmore into horsebarn hill of these 4 prophets and mojo legends

1. Your N.Jersey best friend's friend
2. @bjc42
3. THE GOAT Mike Gaultieri
4. @Dove for the early morning fist pump
lol. I said this before but I didn't expect to be a star on a uconn forum but here we are. Hurley is coming back as far as I'm concerned though.

Reaction Score
Um, he's staying. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Hurley pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Brilliant Ferris Bueller reference FTW.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Take it with a grain of salt but.. my best friend knows a guy who's friends with Hurley. The guy said Hurley is staying- he realizes the Lakers aren't the right fit right now. Again, who knows, but we are all north jersey guys for what it's worth.
Please tell me he told you this outside a car wash. That would all but ensure it’s real.

Reaction Score
I think it’s all about money. He should be the highest paid coach in college and he would be at every P4 conference school. But it’s not just about money for Dan. It about money to sustain the program. Expanding Gampel the right way. Using the HCC the right way.
I agree it can’t be just about the money for himself. Yes of course he deserves to be the highest paid coach but if he expects his players to take less NIL money to play for UConn then I hope he will agree to coach at UConn for less money than he could get elsewhere too. Being 3rd highest paid coach is a good way to continue leading by example.

Reaction Score
Only legitimacy I can add is my friend said the guy went to high school with Hurley and has done some college coaching. I can't get as legit as car wash level.
can someone please tell me what this car wash thing means?

Reaction Score
A long, long time ago in land far, far away a guy with a Wake Forest sticker on his car told a poster on the board - at a car wash - that UConn was going to the ACC.
ohhhhhh okay.

Reaction Score
The craziest thing is that if DH comes back, in reality we are exactly where we were a week ago, except for a lot more anxiety and $$$ out of the state coffers.
But just when it seemed DH's clout couldnt have gotten any bigger after #6,
With the UK offer and the media storm surrounding this Saga, he is now unquestionably the most lauded and worshipped coach in the entire basketball universe: It's not even close

Reaction Score
dude was doing his best to give us some intel. let's try not to be so sarcastic when people have legit info
Tell me you've never seen Ferris bueller's day off without telling me you haven't seen Ferris bueller's Day off

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
True. However, it brings up another point. UConn really isn’t very big. A lot of state U’s are 2-4x larger.
Yes, we are in agreement here. While much bigger than the other schools in our current league, we are half the size of your average Big Ten institution, as an example.

We actually enrollment wise fit very well with the Big 12 publics.

Reaction Score
Take it for what it's worth, but I got an email from a Nigerian Prince offering me a business proposition, it also said Hurley was staying. Seemed legit.
Read it closer. It actually said he's Danny Hurley's agent, and about to make $10 million from thr deal, but is a little short of cash right now. If you wire him $10k he'll split the $10 million with you once DH pays him.

Reaction Score
Please share a single instance of someone with an expectation of a 3peat (who wasn't joking).
Me... pretty confident now that two are down...this is not a 7-10 split, it's more like a single pin just off center certainty.

Reaction Score
The craziest thing is that if DH comes back, in reality we are exactly where we were a week ago, except for a lot more anxiety and $$$ out of the state coffers.
But just when it seemed DH's clout couldnt have gotten any bigger after #6,
With the UK offer and the media storm surrounding this Saga, he is now unquestionably the most lauded and worshipped coach in the entire basketball universe: It's not even close
It would be worth this anxiety. Hurley would attain coach k status but 10 years earlier. Dybansta would be begging to play here

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Um, he's staying. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Hurley pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
I heard from my neighbors substitute cleaning lady whose cousin Faruk Bullkantook was a backup point guard on the Kapustastan Olympic basketball squad who dated Miss Kapustastan’s younger sister whose former boyfriend was a graduate of Yale and then went to grad school at Duke where he majored in quantum sadistics that Dan Hurley ‘s chances of staying at UCONN is 57 to 43.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, we are in agreement here. While much bigger than the other schools in our current league, we are half the size of your average Big Ten institution, as an example.

We actually enrollment wise fit very well with the Big 12 publics.
Aren’t half the big ten schools smaller than the average (I guess median) big ten school? I know we’re much bigger than some. Northwestern for example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom