Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 102 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Its the state of Connecticut. Yes, they can.

Plus it is an investment, how much revenue is generated with Hurley vs a lesser coach? Do donations and applications go up when we win a championship? It should not be very difficult to demonstrate the tremendous value of this great coach.

Everyone knows about "The Flutie effect", what is "The Hurley effect"?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I also wonder how Andrea got along with Jeanie. Not saying Jeanie is not a nice person but when I lived in LA it always seemed like she was All business all the time. She'd have to see her quite a bit I believe.
Jay Mohr is gross - I can't see Hurly liking him - worse than rob schneider.

Reaction Score
If injuries have been consistently such a big issue for UConn WBB, at some point one has to ask is injury history part of our recruiting evaluation, is our conditioning program adequate and do we work them too hard in practice?
I don’t know the answers to any of these questions but after several years of bad injury “luck”, it is time to ask the questions.
Paige incorporated Pilates into her workouts over the past year or so and just had the healthiest season she’s had in a while.

Reaction Score
I kinda think people are still not realizing that the NBA is a dream of his, he just thought it would materialize much later in his career. At this point he knows what the money is on each side.

I wonder if that is a holdover dream that is subject to shift. How many of us had a dream when we were younger that shifted as life went on? Even from a few years ago?
I don't think he expected this kind of success at college. He will leave behind the chance to become one of the top 2 coaches in college bball history.

What he said to Francessa last week still sticks with me:
"If I can continue to win at a high level at UConn the NBA isn't even a thing."

If he comes back to UConn I'm not 100% convinced that he will inevitably go to the NBA at some point.

Reaction Score
Home run ! Tied game against Florida State!
Woohoo. I turned it off. Florida people going crazy and girls doing the anxious prayer hands in front of their mouths- thing is enough to put me over the edge on this already edgy Saturday. Putting it back on now

Reaction Score
Maybe in some people's eyes. I don't like that he didn't shoot this down immediately like he did the UK inquiry. As I posted yesterday, players both current and potential future will wonder if he'll jump to the NBA next year or in the near future, potentially impacting future success.

Other than being the storied Laker franchise, it's a horrible job right now. Two aging and injury prone stars with no cap space to add quality players paints a terrible current situation and future. And it's LA, which to the life of me, I don't know why anyone other than those who like tinsel fake lifestyle would ever want to live there.

Other than the money and short lived prestige, I just don't get it. I really like Danny, but if he takes the LA offer, and let's down all who returned and chose to come to UConn, my respect for him simply deminishes. That's just how I feel. It's his right, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do or even take it this far considerably how many (coaches and players) decided to be here because of him being their coach. Just not the right time or opportunity.
Thread progression here is lightning fast - replying 14 screens later - to offer...

Fair points, especially if he does leave. There will be a not-insignificant portion of the fanbase feeling jilted, or worse, betrayed with legacy tarnished. I'd be in there somewhere, especially given the parameters of years at UConn, age, the job itself, and the location.

Conversely, if he stays, I reckon there will be a portion of the fanbase that, perhaps over time, will align with DogMania. But I also reckon the majority, and the national profile, would fete him for turning the Lakers down to stay.

Reaction Score
DH got an $100M offer from Kentucky and turned it down quickly. What makes you think he'll take $100M from the Lakers, which will most likely be a much more stressful and hostile environment and quality of life for him and his family (plus tarnishing his college/UConn legacy to some degree at least)?? I'll be very surprised if he leaves. Think people, THINK!!

Reaction Score
Take it with a grain of salt but.. my best friend knows a guy who's friends with Hurley. The guy said Hurley is staying- he realizes the Lakers aren't the right fit right now. Again, who knows, but we are all north jersey guys for what it's worth.
Um, he's staying. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Hurley pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Reaction Score
Um, he's staying. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Hurley pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
dude was doing his best to give us some intel. let's try not to be so sarcastic when people have legit info

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom