Kwintin Williams (JUCO) | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams (JUCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes please, sign him up. It's been a while since we had a total athletic freak. He would be the best dunker we've ever had and probably the best dunker in the country. With our guards being able to breakdown defenders, he would catch baseline oops and breakout dunks on the fast break.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Doesn't look like much of a shooter but if he can play defense, score around the rim, and run the floor with the energy he dunks with then definitely. Seems kind of like stix

Reaction Score
We may lose every OOC game if we cant find a rebounder, but as long as I see a 360 windmill live in-game I think the season is a success. ;)

Crazy athleticism. Would he play a less skilled shonn Miller role? Seems about the same size

Reaction Score
We may lose every OOC game if we cant find a rebounder, but as long as I see a 360 windmill live in-game I think the season is a success. ;)

Crazy athleticism. Would he play a less skilled shonn Miller role? Seems about the same size
You can teach a guy to shoot, you can teach a guy defense, you can teach a guy rebounding. But you cant teach a guy athletisism. This is what they are looking for, Sid Wilson type player with eligibility and competitv eplayin

You can teach a guy to shoot, play defense, and how to rebound, but you can't teach him athleticism.

Reaction Score
Here are his stats from this season. I know it's JUCO but solid scoring and rebounding numbers NJCAA

Reaction Score
IMG_4907.PNG
Also not sure how but I think this is real....

Reaction Score
Check out his instagram, he's following Ollie and Rudy Gay. One of the best dunkers I've ever seen.
You can teach a guy to shoot, you can teach a guy defense, you can teach a guy rebounding. But you cant teach a guy athletisism. This is what they are looking for, Sid Wilson type player with eligibility and competitv eplayin
You can teach a guy to shoot, play defense, and how to rebound, but you can't teach him athleticism.

If you could easily teach a guy to shoot, everyone could shoot. We need shooters. One of reasons we won in 2014 was that we had several guys who could shoot the three. For further proof see the warriors.

Reaction Score
Not too true about teaching guys to shoot that's not an easy task. But if he can rebound and defend with that athleticism you take him in a heartbeat if he's a good kid. I like his quotes has a confidence in his talk but I don't like how much he likes Pitt and the ACC.... tough one to catch up on.

Reaction Score
If you could easily teach a guy to shoot, everyone could shoot. We need shooters. One of reasons we won in 2014 was that we had several guys who could shoot the three. For further proof see the warriors.

While every team wants/needs shooters, the 2014 had 4 three point shooters and Giffey didn't even shoot well from three in the NCAA tournament. This current UConn team might have up to 6 three point shooters (Adams, Larrier, Gilbert, Vital, Anderson and Polley).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This team doesn't have six three-point shooters.

Who knows about Gilbert or Polley, but Larrier and Anderson are not shooters.

I know nothing about the JUCO. No idea why he's still available in July.

But he can dunk and as badly as 2017 and 2018 are going for us, we might as well take him.

Reaction Score
This team doesn't have six three-point shooters.

Who knows about Gilbert or Polley, but Larrier and Anderson are not shooters.

I know nothing about the JUCO. No idea why he's still available in July.

But he can dunk and as badly as 2017 and 2018 are going for us, we might as well take him.

I said this team might have up to six three point shooters. Most likely they'll only have around 4 legitimate threats from deep. And not sure what games you were watching last year but you must've missed the first couple where Larrier clearly showed he's a shooter. He's got a beautiful shooting stroke. He was also projected as a first round NBA draft pick at the beginning of the year before he got hurt so I'm not sure what you have against him. Anderson can definitely shoot the three and did so to beat some good teams at the buzzer the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom