Kwintin Williams (JUCO) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams (JUCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

First, no, they're not. Looks like they kicked the tires.

Second, I love the kid's quotes.

I have a 44-inch vertical. It translates on all levels and it’s something I carry with me everywhere I go.

I bring a, very, very, very high energy. I would have an immediate impact on rebounding as well. I can finish anything that’s around the rim as well. They can expect at least 5 to 6 dunks per game.

Reaction Score
First, no, they're not. Looks like they kicked the tires.

Second, I love the kid's quotes.

I have a 44-inch vertical. It translates on all levels and it’s something I carry with me everywhere I go.

I bring a, very, very, very high energy. I would have an immediate impact on rebounding as well. I can finish anything that’s around the rim as well. They can expect at least 5 to 6 dunks per game.

No I did not get that from the article. Asked around and I heard that.

Reaction Score
Defense happens with your feet. Enoch came to UConn with poor technique and instead of shooting threes on the Upper Uzbekistan national team he should have been at a big man camp improving footwork. National teams are good for players who already posess .

BBall IQ and hustle are important ingredients to defense. I'm not sure these 2 characteristics were strong for him. However, considering how bad our seasons were he should have been given more playing time.

Reaction Score
Asking around. Grades might chase them off.

Why would we even offer someone with academic issues in the first place? Just curious, is that something the staff wouldn't know until after an offer was given?

Reaction Score
Why would we even offer someone with academic issues in the first place? Just curious, is that something the staff wouldn't know until after an offer was given?

At this point I academic issues is not a big-deal. Were are on plan RR.

Reaction Score
BBall IQ and hustle are important ingredients to defense. I'm not sure these 2 characteristics were strong for him. However, considering how bad our seasons were he should have been given more playing time.
Considering he took himself out of many games by quick fouls .
He should look in the mirror before he complains

Reaction Score
I would actually like this addition more than some of the guys we lost out on.
Love this kids talent.
As long as he's qualified, that's more than good enough.
Looking at his history, he's a GRINDER. Was offered by plenty of high majors and had to go the Juco route.
Those kinds of kids will usually put in the work and have a good attitude about it. Because they appreciate what they have.
It's always good to have that component on the roster. His athleticism speaks for itself.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
At this point I academic issues is not a big-deal. Were are on plan RR

We are in the massaging grades stage at this point. Extra credit for hookers and blow.

Reaction Score
Love this kids talent.
Looking at his history, he's a GRINDER. Was offered by plenty of high majors and had to go the Juco route.
Those kinds of kids will usually put in the work and have a good attitude about it. Because they appreciate what they have.
It's always good to have that component on the roster. His athleticism speaks for itself.

What's his history of "grinding"?? Not sarcastic lol, genuinely curious. Because it seems like all the grinding he's been doing from my perspective is working on his dunks, which isn't exactly useful in a high major d1 basketball game 99.99 percent of the time.

All I've seen is highlights posted here though. What am I missing?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What's his history of "grinding"?? Not sarcastic lol, genuinely curious. Because it seems like all the grinding he's been doing from my perspective is working on his dunks, which isn't exactly useful in a high major d1 basketball game 99.99 percent of the time.

All I've seen is highlights posted here though. What am I missing?
kid runs the floor, plays with energy, said he will rebound, and clean up everything on the glass

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Love this kids talent.

This is a remarkable bit of creative writing based on nothing at all.

Why do people do this?

Reaction Score
kid runs the floor, plays with energy, said he will rebound, and clean up everything on the glass

Yeah I got that.

Grinding implies putting in work at the gym. That's what grinding is.

I have yet to see a video with him working in his handle, passing or shooting in a highlight. Am i missing it? I like athleticism, but a windmill 360 doesn't get us 25 wins.

That being said, we need any body over 200lbs at this point that can breathe and tie his shoes. So I'll take him

Reaction Score
This is a remarkable bit of creative writing based on nothing at all.

Why do people do this?

I agree with you pushy. Total fake news

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah I got that.

Grinding implies putting in work at the gym. That's what grinding is.

I have yet to see a video with him working in his handle, passing or shooting in a highlight. Am i missing it? I like athleticism, but a windmill 360 doesn't get us 25 wins.

That being said, we need any body over 200lbs at this point that can breathe and tie his shoes. So I'll take him
not worried about that because that can be taught and he seems like he's willing to. you can't teach freak athleticism. We need talent and excitement brought back here and if this kid has bounce, can board, play d, run the floor, and block shots like stix sign him up

Reaction Score
It's great that he's got freaks hops, but does anyone know if he's actually good at basketball?

Reaction Score
No idea but you could say that about every single player in our frontcourt.

Exactly. Do we really need a 4th/5th project big? I'd rather save the scholarship personally for a ready made 2018 big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom