Kwintin Williams (JUCO) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams (JUCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you could teach a guy how to defend, Enoch would have gotten minutes and wouldn't have left.
Defense happens with your feet. Enoch came to UConn with poor technique and instead of shooting threes on the Upper Uzbekistan national team he should have been at a big man camp improving footwork. National teams are good for players who already posess .

Reaction Score
If you could teach a guy how to defend, Enoch would have gotten minutes and wouldn't have left.
Everybody wants to be a shooter. Playing defense is work and not everybody is willing to do that. It is tiring and you rarely get Your name in the papers for it or make the highlight reel. Heck even though Ricky Moore was the most outstanding player in the 1999 Final, and made the play of the game he didn't get voted MVP.

Reaction Score
This kid is a filthy dunker with size. Williams is Larry Nance 2.0. Imagine utilizing this guy in pick and roll situations. Make it happen. Our "great" recruiters need to be able to reel somebody worthwhile in. This kid would start on this team at the 4 immediately making this UCONN team very dangerous.

#PICKANDROLLADAMS

Reaction Score
FWIW, this guy would likely also draw more media attention to the program. The internet / social media loves dunks (just look at the number of links in this thread) and this guy would probably be all over Instagram, Twitter, SC top 10. Sounds gimmicky, and does little to add wins, but wouldn't hurt to increase our exposure to recruits. We might need FGCU Dunk City-esque exposure to get back into the category of admirable programs in the eyes of some of these recruits.

Reaction Score
KWIN BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

1. Kwintin Williams Retweeted
    Team of the Century‏ @HuskyCentury 13h13 hours ago
    Team of the Century Retweeted Team of the Century

Congrats to @JUMPMANEBIG on getting the UConn offer... I hope you'll chase your dreams as a husky #UConn

Team of the Century added,
    Team of the Century @HuskyCentury
    Dear @CoachKO_UConn @CoachChills @coachkillings @CoachRickyMoore please check this high flying unsigned juco big man out. Good fit for UConn
    0 replies5 retweets12 likes
  2. Kwintin Williams Retweeted
    Anthony Ray‏ @ArizonaPreps 12h12 hours ago
    Unsigned 6-foot-7 sophomore juco forward Kwintin Williams receives a huge scholarship offer from UCONN.

1 reply14 retweets61 likes
  3. Kwintin Williams Retweeted
    Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits 14h14 hours ago
    2017 JUCO F Kwintin Williams has received an offer from Connecticut. @JUMPMANEBIG http://verbalcommits.com/players/kwintin-williams …

1 reply14 retweets40 likes
  4. Kwintin Williams Retweeted
    Julius Kim‏ @JKimElevate 4h14 hours ago
    #UConn has offered 2017 forward Kwintin Williams

3 replies12 retweets41 likes

Reaction Score
53% FT, 0.3 AST/TO, and low BLK & STL totals are all concerning, and he's not tall for a PF, but he certainly is an athletic freak.

Hopefully Ollie can turn him into more of a basketball player than a raw athlete.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In spite of KOs missteps one good thing we've seen from our players is improved FT shooting. Purvis, Boat, Brimah (despite that slump when he strangely changed his whole form), Facey and others greatly improved FT shooting under KO. I'm sure someone will throw out a stat that says I'm wrong but hey.

Reaction Score
My first inclination is do we really need more project bigs in 2017?

But the dude is clearly a freak athlete. Seems like he is really well built too.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My first inclination is do we really need more project bigs in 2017?

But the dude is clearly a freak athlete. Seems like he is really well built too.
All he has to do is play hard on defense, rebound, block shots, and get out in transition. Kid seems like he plays with a high motor. Scoring will come

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
KWIN BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

1. Kwintin Williams Retweeted
    Team of the Century‏ @HuskyCentury 13h13 hours ago
    Team of the Century Retweeted Team of the Century

Congrats to @JUMPMANEBIG on getting the UConn offer... I hope you'll chase your dreams as a husky #UConn

Team of the Century added,
    Team of the Century @HuskyCentury
    Dear @CoachKO_UConn @CoachChills @coachkillings @CoachRickyMoore please check this high flying unsigned juco big man out. Good fit for UConn
    0 replies5 retweets12 likes
  2. Kwintin Williams Retweeted
    Anthony Ray‏ @ArizonaPreps 12h12 hours ago
    Unsigned 6-foot-7 sophomore juco forward Kwintin Williams receives a huge scholarship offer from UConn.

1 reply14 retweets61 likes
  3. Kwintin Williams Retweeted
    Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits 14h14 hours ago
    2017 JUCO F Kwintin Williams has received an offer from Connecticut. @JUMPMANEBIG http://verbalcommits.com/players/kwintin-williams …

1 reply14 retweets40 likes
  4. Kwintin Williams Retweeted
    Julius Kim‏ @JKimElevate 4h14 hours ago
    #UConn has offered 2017 forward Kwintin Williams

3 replies12 retweets41 likes

That's a little excessive for a "in game" dunk but I'll take it. Lol. SMH

Reaction Score
Have not seen enough on the kid to know if I want him. Real athletic kids without skill and /or basketball IQ can make you crazy too.

For every high flying dunk you can have 2 bonehead turnovers for fastbreaks.

Not everything can be learned either.
Amida could not get a rebound and give a quick outlet after 4 years of college coaching(funking maddening)so don't assume this kid can get better.

Last year all I wanted was a high IQ shooter who could dribble and pass.
UConn has fallen in love with athletes with potential that often times goes unrealized.

With that said,sign him up!!

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, his 0.29 assist to turnover ratio would drive me crazy and if that did not get me committed his 53% foul shooting would. Only centers who can completely kill it on the boards can get away with that.

Having said that the dude can hang in the air like a bird. Worth a look given where we sit.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It looks like he sat out this past season which would give him three years of eligibility.

He played his junior year at some prep in Oklahoma after leaving Alaska and then ended up at "Planet Athlete" which was a travel team for an obscure prep school. Doesn't look like anyone on that team qualified - they had a kid name Lamous Brown who ended up declaring for the NBA draft last year.

He was recruited to some degree by Oregon, supposedly, but was a partial qualifier, so he ended up playing as a freshman at something called Pima Community College. He transferred to Arizona Western where I guess he sat out.

This might be more about having warm bodies around for the 2018 abyss than it is about this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom