Kwintin Williams (JUCO) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams (JUCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
not worried about that because that can be taught and he seems like he's willing to. you can't teach freak athleticism. We need talent and excitement brought back here and if this kid has bounce, can board, play d, run the floor, and block shots like stix sign him up

See, you're saying these things but it doesn't make sense, lol. Defense, blocking shots, rebounding are SKILLS that become much harder when you leave juco, and that he wasn't particularly good at in juco, apart from rebounding. You're acting like he's coming to us an all conference candidate and only needs to learn to shoot, or something.

I see no evidence that he's willing to be taught. It's possible, but you're making assumptions based off of a brief interview.

He very well may bring excitement, but until he learns some more skills he's not yet bringing basketball talent. Again, he screams potential and nothing else. There's a reason why he's being offered NOW and not a year ago

You all are projecting this kids personality A LOT. Let's not make him something he's not. He's a hyper athletic, unskilled player. Not Karl Malone.

He has the potential to be excellent, but I highly doubt that that happens year one.

pj

Reaction Score
What's his history of "grinding"?? Not sarcastic lol, genuinely curious. Because it seems like all the grinding he's been doing from my perspective is working on his dunks, which isn't exactly useful in a high major d1 basketball game 99.99 percent of the time.

All I've seen is highlights posted here though. What am I missing?

Dunks are his offense. He shoots 53% on free throws. If he's taking a shot from 2 feet or more from the basket, he's making a mistake. Also his assist-turnover ratio is Brimah like, so you don't want to be passing him the ball much unless it's for an alley oop.

He should be working on his defense, rebounding, and screening. Maybe he is, but it's hard to make a highlight video of that.

Reaction Score
Dunks are his offense. He shoots 53% on free throws. If he's taking a shot from 2 feet or more from the basket, he's making a mistake. Also his assist-turnover ratio is Brimah like, so you don't want to be passing him the ball much unless it's for an alley oop.

He should be working on his defense, rebounding, and screening. Maybe he is, but it's hard to make a highlight video of that.

No doubt. And that's why these jabronis need to be hitting the brakes on these takes. Particularly ones that he's "grinding" in the gym. I'll believe it when I see it, and benveru happy about it too

Reaction Score
Exactly. Do we really need a 4th/5th project big? I'd rather save the scholarship personally for a ready made 2018 big.
What makes you think we'll get a ready made big in '18? We need players, if all of a sudden we learn how to recruit again we will make plenty of room for great players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
See, you're saying these things but it doesn't make sense, lol. Defense, blocking shots, rebounding are SKILLS that become much harder when you leave juco, and that he wasn't particularly good at in juco, apart from rebounding. You're acting like he's coming to us an all conference candidate and only needs to learn to shoot, or something.

You got to acknowledge that coaching at the JuCo level is not all that great. He'll have the opportunity to learn a hell of a lot more at this level.

I see no evidence that he's willing to be taught. It's possible, but you're making assumptions based off of a brief interview.

There's no evidence that he isn't either.

Reaction Score
You got to acknowledge that coaching at the JuCo level is not all that great. He'll have the opportunity to learn a hell of a lot more at this level.

There's no evidence that he isn't either.

Juco level coached suck. But 2.5 months before the season kicks off with chillious isn't going to transform the kid either.

Your second point is a flawed argument. Shall I assume every 6'7 kid who can jump is a skilled bball player now because there's not negative proof? Because that seems to be whay your suggesting. That's absurd. In athletics you have to prove your worth. Lets let him prove it before we bandwagon a kid with an OFFER, shall we?

Reaction Score
What's his history of "grinding"?? Not sarcastic lol, genuinely curious. Because it seems like all the grinding he's been doing from my perspective is working on his dunks, which isn't exactly useful in a high major d1 basketball game 99.99 percent of the time.

All I've seen is highlights posted here though. What am I missing?

It seems like people are arguing for the sake of arguing but is it really that surprising that it's easier to find a video of a kid ripping off a double pump 360 from five feet off the ground than it is video of a passing drill?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Juco level coached suck. But 2.5 months before the season kicks off with chillious isn't going to transform the kid either.

Don't forget Carlos Daniel. I do think he could pick up a fair amount. I mean, other players build their games in the offseason. Why not this kid? Just cause it's not a complete offseason?

Your second point is a flawed argument. Shall I assume every 6'7 kid who can jump is a skilled bball player now because there's not negative proof? Because that seems to be whay your suggesting. That's absurd. In athletics you have to prove your worth. Lets let him prove it before we bandwagon a kid with an OFFER, shall we?

I quoted the part of your post that said "I see no evidence that he's willing to be taught". But how can you say anything about whether he's coachable or not if he hasn't received much good coaching? Just cause he's not good yet? I'm not sure how you are drawing any conclusions about it either way.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Carlos Daniel. I do think he could pick up a fair amount. I mean, other players build their games in the offseason. Why not this kid? Just cause it's not a complete offseason?

I quoted the part of your post that said "I see no evidence that he's willing to be taught". But how can you say anything about whether he's coachable or not if he hasn't received much good coaching? Just cause he's not good yet? I'm not sure how you are drawing any conclusions about it either way.

That's exactly my point. At least two People are acting like he's a great hard worker and there's no proof. Maybe were just playing semantics

Is Carlos Daniel allowed to do skill work? I'm not exactly sure what,the role of a college strength coach is.

Reaction Score
It seems like people are arguing for the sake of arguing but is it really that surprising that it's easier to find a video of a kid ripping off a double pump 360 from five feet off the ground than it is video of a passing drill?

I love me a passing drill video, sir ;)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Is Carlos Daniel allowed to do skill work? I'm not exactly sure what,the role of a college strength coach is.

I think if it's things like footwork and hand work it's fine. Both can be associated with mobility, fitness, strength and conditioning. He's not going to be teaching the kid shooting.

Reaction Score
Extremely Athletic. Very very very few skills. If KO thinks its worth the chance I'm on board.

This kid might score 25 points per game, with a shooting percentage of 13%, with 22 rebounds per, 3 of which come every time he handles the ball down low on offense.

Reaction Score
This kid might score 25 points per game, with a shooting percentage of 13%, with 22 rebounds per, 3 of which come every time he handles the ball down low on offense.

The ultimate stat booster. He does it on purpose!

Reaction Score
What makes you think we'll get a ready made big in '18? We need players, if all of a sudden we learn how to recruit again we will make plenty of room for great players.

I'd rather roll the dice and give Chill a chance to get a ready made big in 18". We already have 5 project bigs on this roster. I'm totally against tying up all our scholarships on 2 star jucos and low 3 star recruits. That sets us up to absolutely suck 2 years from now. The staff needs to go all in on 2018. We'll be fine this year, it's what comes after that really scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom