Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I feel like I should buy a fire (any new coach anywhere).com domain name.

If you want to lower your startup costs, focus solely on big P5 football new hires.

Reaction Score
Qudus a break, Wahab!!
You were our first choice all along, we just got infatuated with recruiting rankings and IG posts!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Grad transfer for sure. Paired with Wahab.

This is my personal best case at this point. Wahab with upside, and grad transfer to help bridge the gap.

Though I personally would be ecstatic with Mitchell. With him and Akok floating out to the perimeter, the inside would be so open for our smaller guards.

Reaction Score
This is my personal best case at this point. Wahab with upside, and grad transfer to help bridge the gap.

Though I personally would be ecstatic with Mitchell. With him and Akok floating out to the perimeter, the inside would be so open for our smaller guards.

That's kind of where i'm at. I'd be happy with either, ecstatic to get both.

Flop on a transfer if you don't get both. And i think you can manage one transfer if you basically have four top 100 guys.

Reaction Score
I'll also be interested to see how the roster shakes out this summer. To see if someone leaves.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We were leading all summer and fall and are looking at unc from behind. Akok was the steal. Precious has been stolen.

For a top 10 kid, nothing matters that early. The big boys can all afford to wait, and when they get involved, for the Top 10, they hit a very, very high percentage.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Best of luck... move on...

Did hear this changed in motion very quickly. Staff is shocked.

Welcome to the Big Leagues moment for some of them.

Reaction Score
I'm a bears fan and just saw this post. Double kick in the nuts. We need a center badly this really hurts, huge misshapen of recruiting. Not sure what went wrong but this is a big blow.
Glenn Miller said it was a lock.

Reaction Score
We need another center - no doubt about it. Those crapping on Carlton - in a perfect world he redshirts. Bigs develop later than guards and small forwards - Carlton needs time to build strength and coordination. He has tools - he just needs time. Case in point - look at Hilton Armstrong. He got abused for his first 2 years - started to hold his own as a junior and played his way into a pretty high draft pick as a senior. His body morphed through the years. The difference was he wasn't relied upon until he was ready. Carlton has been exposed because there are few options.
Armstrong was not only on another plane athletically I think he was longer as well not to mention he has his own standard of measurement.

Reaction Score
I signed up here to fill you in with a few things that may explain why Kofi went to Illinois.

Just like UConn, I'll has been recruiting him for several years. However, Ayo, Illinois 5star pg knew him, and Griffin (son of the NBA player) is a friend who played with him. Also, Illinois backup center played on same team too. So, this was not your typical recruitment.

I only bring this up because we have gone through the same thing over and again. It sucks. But, sometimes finding out there was more to it than coaches alone or cheating makes it easier to swallow. Heck, half of Missouri's starting lineup were committed to Illinois until they hired cwonzo and he pulled in the class. Then, the players that were left graduated or transferred. That is literally why we are now 4-11.

Underwood isn't getting fired anytime soon. He rebooted the entire team this past year. Most of the relevant players are freshman or sophomores,. I believe 7/11 scholarship players are new this year, then we played a hell of a tough schedule. But, freshman mistakes are so prevalent.. though getting better.

UConn has always been a solid basketball school and I have no doubt your recent woes will be overcome. Hopefully, we will meet in the tourney in a few years. Our fan bases have been doing through a lot of the same crap. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our fan bases have been doing through a lot of the same crap. Good luck!

Maybe if Illinois reaches the absolute zenith of college athletics, attaining damn near blue blood status, only to watch its conference fall apart, damning it to some Frankenstein conference of misfits. Otherwise, life is peachy for the Illini.

P.S. Does Illinois’s have any extra money lying around? We probably could use it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It's kind of funny some of the same people saying he was paid (sounds more like sour grapes) hope we can snap him up if his coach is fired.

I don't buy into the "he was bought" stuff, and it does make our fans look foolish. But why would anyone thinking he was paid want to bring him to UConn. He'd have already shown a willingness to jeopardize a program for personal gain.

I don't get it.

TL;DR. I doubt he was paid. Some of y'all are morans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom