Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, 2016 we beat Colorado then lost to Kansas in Des Monies.

When was the last UConn Football bowl wins or frankly just a win?

Drop Football Now!!!
Apparently you aren't reading my posts since I answered your question in my prior one.

We've had two losing seasons in a row in men's basketball. And it's obvious from your posts that you believe that a team can never improve. No point in having a losing team, am I right?

Drop Basketball Now !!!!!!

(Note my six exclamation points are still double the emphasis of your paltry three exclamation points and I used bold too, making my point far, far more important.)

Reaction Score
NBE is a mediocre conference now that will be no better than the AAC 15-20 years from now. All of the NBE apologists here are nostalgic for a past that's never coming back.
15-20 years is a very long time. There may not be an AAC by then

Reaction Score
Rumor I heard today from a coach is that Kahlil Whitney is not solid on his UK commitment and could end up at Illinois with Kofi.

Take it with a grain of salt, but that could explain some things, and trust me Kahlil isn't cheap ;).

Reaction Score
This has got to be the strangest storyline. Illinois sucks, so they play in the B1G, we play in prestigious tournaments every year and seem to have solid OOC schedules.

It doesn't make any sense. Good luck to the kid. I wouldn't be surprised to read something negative about their program in the next few years.

We'll survive

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
... you know I’ve talked about it in other threads.
You completely misread how much attention you're being paid, but it sounds like you're saying that I stepped on your, "I told you so"

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm honestly not that mad we didn't get him, I just can not understand for the life of me why he would go to Illinois. On what planet does a top 50 big man watch an Illinois game and say "oh man, I need to play here. Their coach is a jerk, they are awful, their system is a joke, and Brad Underwood hasn't done anything that makes you think they'll be good ever, but this is the place for me" lmao
Because the team is young and they have some good players coming in
AND its the B1G where at least 7 teams may make the dance - can you say that about the AAC?
Underwood may be a jerk to you but the guy knows the game and can coach

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Guilty of accepting bribery. Every high school athlete knows accepting cash from a school isn’t allowed. Any who take money should be held accountable.

Just because it's the ’law’ doesn't make it right. Now if caught, they should be held accountable. But I don't fault a kid for doing it from a moral perspective.

If you managed to somehow magically out kids who have run afoul of the special favors/money NCAA rules, 70% of high major kids would show up on the radar in some form or fashion.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OK last time Illl say it then I won’t mention it again- I still can’t believe he chose Illinois! this whole board should be absolutely shocked - I still can’t wrap my head around why he would go there -unless it’s something strange and shady we don’t know about - to be fair , there’s always surprising commitments and decommitments , but this one is definitely a head scratcher - I’m not saying he should’ve come to UConn but Illinois ? I’m still waiting for somebody to explain it to me so it makes sense in my head. This is by far one of the most surprising recruiting choices involving Uconn I’ve seen in a long time. Ok I’m done. I’ll let it go.
Its been explained by people on here, by his HS coach, by his closest friends and by Kofi himself
If some folks can't, don't want to, or refuse to believe it then so be it
Quite obviously the Ilini offered something that Hurley, the AAC and UConn couldn't - if you folks who want to believe it was money, ok, but I think it is something else entirely. I just hope against hope that it's not this damn conference but it keeps pointing that way (IMHO)

Reaction Score
Its been explained by people on here, by his HS coach, by his closest friends and by Kofi himself
If some folks can't, don't want to, or refuse to believe it then so be it
Quite obviously the Ilini offered something that Hurley, the AAC and UConn couldn't - if you folks who want to believe it was money, ok, but I think it is something else entirely. I just hope against hope that it's not this damn conference but it keeps pointing that way (IMHO)

I am sure it was the money and the conference. The AAC is killing us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This has got to be the strangest storyline. Illinois sucks, so they play in the B1G, we play in prestigious tournaments every year and seem to have solid OOC schedules.

It doesn't make any sense. Good luck to the kid. I wouldn't be surprised to read something negative about their program in the next few years.

We'll survive

Some kids simply do not want to take road trips to play Tulsa or Tulane or Houston or UCF.

And some kids don't care.

I don't see any reason to suspect Illinois did anything here.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Pretty sure I said as long as they don’t get caught.

You want respect from Syracuse fans? I don’t know if the nosepicker cheated but he could win 5 NCs in a row and I promise you there would be plenty of reasons to hate him.

The whole point is almost everyone hates the teams that win. I hate Carolina and Duke the most. It’s not because my favorite color is green.

Glad I don't do business with you.

Reaction Score
Rumor I heard today from a coach is that Kahlil Whitney is not solid on his UK commitment and could end up at Illinois with Kofi.

Take it with a grain of salt, but that could explain some things, and trust me Kahlil isn't cheap ;).
This is funny bc I read a 247 article this morning where Kahlil says all that talk is garbage and he’s 100% committed to Calipari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom