Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That link is from January 2018...
Screenshot_20190108-152621001.jpg

Reaction Score
Click on the link you provided. It takes you to a 1/18/18 story.
What are ypu talking about? That's a screen shot from today.

This board is so delusional sometimes, the Big East is a top 4 basketball conference every season, the AAC is always like 6 or 7.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score

This board is so delusional sometimes, the Big East is a top 4 basketball conference every season, the AAC is always like 6 or 7.

It debunks their only defense against the join Big East + Independent football idea

Reaction Score
It debunks their only defense against the join Big East + Independent football idea

How does it do that?

The best defense against that stupid idea is that the P5 are going to split from the NCAA and leave the BE high and dry.

And there are other defenses too. For instance, once the lawsuits shake out and they decide to pay all athletes a higher amount, the P5 are going to use their warchests to grab the best players leaving the minnows on the outside looking in.

The non P5 are doomed. It is as simple as that.

Reaction Score
Akok.

Who's not a three.

Isn't Akok the new prototypical NBA three? Long, quick, can drive and shoot the three and block shots. He could be the guy who helps keep the guards out of the lane while Mitchell plays the traditional 4.

Reaction Score
i don't think anyone can disagree with that if they're being honest with themselves. but if we get either wahab or mitchell that's a top 15 class in hurley's FIRST year. if that's the new normal we'll be regularly winning the AAC and a fixture in the ncaa tourney. but to pine over the program that won 4 chips in 20 years is unreasonable. we were the only ones to do that and only 2-3 programs are capable of it going forwards. i'll be ecstatic with 1 chip in the next 20. that's more than the average college bball fan can even dream of.

Loser. Any self respecting BY'er wants 4 every 15 years.

Friendship

Reaction Score
How does it do that?

The best defense against that stupid idea is that the P5 are going to split from the NCAA and leave the BE high and dry.

And there are other defenses too. For instance, once the lawsuits shake out and they decide to pay all athletes a higher amount, the P5 are going to use their warchests to grab the best players leaving the minnows on the outside looking in.

The non P5 are doomed. It is as simple as that.

Either way, staying put or joining Big East. Same outcome here.

Reaction Score
Only thing AAC has got on the BE is football. If bottom tier football gets better, middle tier basketball teams become elite, we would be in a “P6” discussion

Reaction Score
I was so looking forward to watching him at the hoophall classic now ill just be bitter... at least the last game has Bouknight in it.....

Reaction Score
Either way, staying put or joining Big East. Same outcome here.

No, staying put and somehow bringing up football may land you in a P5 (like the dregs of the B12 once that conference is ripped apart).

Reaction Score
No, staying put and somehow bringing up football may land you in a P5 (like the dregs of the B12 once that conference is ripped apart).
If the conference is ripped apart, then it won’t be invited into the breakaway scenario and there is no more P5. If it isn’t ripped apart, then UConn isn’t invited. Catch-22 and all that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The AAC has been the 7th best league every year of it’s existence. It’s closer to the WCC than the Big East.

Reaction Score
If the conference is ripped apart, then it won’t be invited into the breakaway scenario and there is no more P5. If it isn’t ripped apart, then UConn isn’t invited. Catch-22 and all that.

It is contractually already in.

Reaction Score
over the next immediate 1 or possibly 2 years Kofi is going to be in school and our current trajectory are you sure you want to hang your hat on that?

Crap I would almost take that bet from the Illini side and I know nothing about them.

Auggie, I'd take that bet in a heartbeat. Hurley will have a better college basketball career than Underwood regardless of being in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Weird that the Illini have two Centers committed now....

We shouldn't worry. I mean according to 247's Crystal Ball Chol Marial is still 100% coming to UConn. ;)

Or better yet, these guys are available:

Jaden Bediako 6'10" 230 C from Canada
Mahamadou Diawara 6'10" 220 PF from Virginia (Only taken an official to ECU)
Karim Coulibaly 6'8" 220 PF from Mali
Charles Coleman 7'0" 220 C from Massachusetts
Dimon Carrigan 6'9" 215 PF playing at Odessa CC (I think Ollie once offered him)

Or maybe Hurley still has some tricks up his sleeves with Wahab, Mitchell, and Precious....or the transfer market will be amazing....

OR WE SHOULD ALL STOP THE PANIC AND GIVE HURLEY A CHANCE.

Reaction Score
Anybody else who didn't take all those winks to mean "better than a coinflip?" Just me?

Reaction Score
Only thing AAC has got on the BE is football. If bottom tier football gets better, middle tier basketball teams become elite, we would be in a “P6” discussion

AAC also makes more $$$. It would be a losing proposition going to BE

Reaction Score
The AAC has been the 7th best league every year of it’s existence. It’s closer to the WCC than the Big East.
It's sad watching this board turn themselves into pretzels trying to explain how this league is legit. You can argue our only prayer is remaining here forever until magically we're invited to the P5 but the constant pretending that this league is somehow right there with the Big East in basketball makes us look pathetic.

Friendship

Reaction Score

Yeah and how's that going for us?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's sad watching this board turn themselves into pretzels trying to explain how this league is legit. You can argue our only prayer is remaining here forever until magically we're invited to the P5 but the constant pretending that this league is somehow right there with the Big East in basketball makes us look pathetic.

2018 was legit funny.

1A88DA54-6D1C-462B-83A4-15F199FD53AF.png

The weirdo Memphis fan and upstater will write 500 posts to argue the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom