Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Illinois sux. Let’s stop with those who are saying overall it’s a better choice than uconn-
With uconn;
Close to home
Not some godfursaken place in the midwest
Numerous championships
Plus he was buddy buddy with boukknight/gaffney
It even took them by surprise
I kno we ll lose recruits but this one was surprising. Illinois? Really?

Reaction Score
Ive read this entire thread and im surprised nobody has brought up the AAC vs Big 10 as a reason he chose Illinois.
Thats sorta insinuted between $ and being clean.

Reaction Score
I’ve had this conversation on BY before. They are not even better than Maryland as a program if u take into account football and hoops. Like I said before, besides that one good year in 05 with deron Williams - they have been a non factor since the early 90s.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh well then I'm in agreement with you about cheating if they don't get caught. Obviously you do whatever it takes if it means not hurting anyone and if there are no repercussions. That goes for anything in life I would say.

But that's not how it works. You can get caught for cheating.

Yet you seem to understand that many are cheating and pretty much nobody gives a damn and nothing ever happens.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna sorta hijack this depressing thread. How about Shabazz! He's been playing really good lately and getting more minutes. Being a UConn, Giants, and knicks fan I've adopted the Nets as a team to root for.

Reaction Score
We
Eh I think we have as good a shot at Precious as anyone, tbh.

It's just that any time you get to top-10 guys, there's the NBA and anyone at anytime can step in with a need they didn't anticipate having and now you're in super competition central. It's just like successfully navigating a mine field. And heck, that's even how it was when we were landing those types of guys. It's kinda a crap shoot.

I think Mitchell/Wahab have to be the guys they're on like white on rice. I'm not sure we're at a point where we're back to getting guys like Precious. Yet. We could, but i'm not counting on it.
We were leading all summer and fall and are looking at unc from behind. Akok was the steal. Precious has been stolen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We lost a recruit one time so we should cheat now is peak idiot boneyard.

LOL says the guy who said Kofi should weigh the imaginary marginal value between a UConn and Illinois degree in his decision.

You’ve invented quite a stance here too. We should be cheating because that’s what it takes to win, not because we happened to lose one recruit to cheating that has been magically invented by posters who don’t get that 99% of the world considers the AAC to be a pointless mid major conference.

Reaction Score
LOL says the guy who said Kofi should weigh the imaginary marginal value between a UConn and Illinois degree in his decision.

You’ve invented quite a stance here too. We should be cheating because that’s what it takes to win, not because we happened to lose one recruit to cheating that has been magically invented by posters who don’t get that 99% of the world considers the AAC to be a pointless mid major conference.

Huh?

Reaction Score
The biggest disappointment here is that this was one guy that you can simply post down low, dump it to him and let him work. I was already preparing for Dan Hurley to do his Calhoun “Hit him you MF’er”.

With this ship sailing, I’d personally prefer Mitchell for an overall offensive 5.

When Kofi showed no interest in UC
I can't believe you waited this long to tell us.

I did? You follow all of my posts you know I’ve talked about it in other threads.

Reaction Score
I existed for about 6 months before 1988.

That said, I don't think anything could compare to any given week in the conference realignment -show.

Hmm not sure about that. I’m pretty sure you are a robot that operates on windows 3.1. Maybe some day you will become self aware but I wont hold my breath.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Expectations for next season just dropped exceptionally low.
I haven’t felt quite this bad since Kasongo...lol.

Look, I would’ve loved to of had this kid, but I’m happy with the three guys we already have coming in for next year and I suspect we’ll pick up one or two more.

Still, I find myself going “Illinois? WTF?”

Reaction Score

No one here has agreed with you. Cheating is just plain dirty and so uncalled for. We, as a school with a great history, shouldn’t be known for that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
We are also still trying to convince the world that women’s basketball matters. This isn’t exactly a program/school/fanbase that ‘gets it’. It could be why we field the single worst football team in college football history.

When a local columnist is shaping fanbase opinion by arguing that, actually, the architect of the worst defense in the history of college football DIDN'T deserve to maybe be fired, then you can understand how the fanbase lacks a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom