Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven’t felt quite this bad since Kasongo...lol.

Look, I would’ve loved to of had this kid, but I’m happy with the three guys we already have for next year and I suspect we’ll pick up one or two more.
We have to pick up about 4 more.

Reaction Score
Go the juco route if we have to. Need some mass down low with a pair of hands. Stopgap until we land a HS guy.
When the news broke earlier that it looked like we missed on Kofi i checked the 24/7 JUCO commits list for top 2019 bigs. That ship has sailed unless you want to try Dimon Carrigan.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Hurley but KO struck out on big men a lot and we’ve been paying the price ever since. We need something bad.

In KOs defense they thought they had a 5* center in Zach Brown then he went off the deep end and they never got an adequate replacement

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not being a jerk, but....

When you come for a visit, have the coaches coming to see you consistently and know you can step onto a roster and maybe be the best player on the team from day-1 at a program like UConn's and get a degree at a school like UConn and you don't commit when there's such an obvious want and need for you there - you're probably not coming to UConn.

Huh?

The recruits you need to win have no intention of graduating. The concept has as much value as a Subway BOGO coupon.

Reaction Score
When the news broke earlier that it looked like we missed on Kofi i checked the 24/7 JUCO commits list for top 2019 bigs. That ship has sailed unless you want to try Dimon Carrigan.

I asked about Dimon in another thread a couple days ago when I started seeing the writing on the wall and was told that the staff has had no contact with him and that he wasn't being considered basically

Reaction Score
If we don't land either Mitchell or Wahab we are basically going to need to pray that some coaches get fired from schools that had decent bigs committed. That, or a grad transfer. We can't go into next season with Akok as the only new frontcourt addition.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No one here has agreed with you. Cheating is just plain dirty and so uncalled for. We, as a school with a great history, shouldn’t be known for that.

1. Yeah plenty agree with me here

2. I was talking about fans of programs that think compete>monitor the situation

Like I said earlier - grow up Peter Pan.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There is no question that this kid is getting paid to go to Illinois. None.

Yet another reason in a very long list of reasons that UConn needs to do everything and anything possible to get into a P5 conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We have a top 20 recruiting class.

Breathe, Tark.

I’m not worried about this kid at all. It was clear for a bit that he wasn’t coming.

I also won’t worry when Akok never plays.

I’m mocking the cluelessness of the pearl clutchers and those that think UConn has any leg to disparage the quality of other programs.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is a total head scratcher
After the game yesterday we were talking to someone who is close to the program and he said there was excitement surrounding the program about the impending announcement ( I didn't know he was announcing this early) but he also said one coach was feeling nervous (not DH - no comment on his perspective).
I never thought Illini was even in the picture
But in hindsight, the B10 gets more exposure, they are known for some bruising big guys - it isn't the AAC
All those thinking that UConn has a shot with Precious - it's not going to happen IMHO - Kofi was a better bet than Precious.
Getting a step-in big from the HS ranks is going to be hard but it is what this team needs so badly
Back to the drawing board- time for some DH magic
This has to be a bummer - just hope that the committed recruits who are tight with Kofi don't turn around and ditch UConn

Reaction Score
I’m not worried about this kid at all. It was clear for a bit that he wasn’t coming.

I also won’t worry when Akok never plays.

I’m mocking the cluelessness of the pearl clutchers and those that think UConn has any leg to disparage the quality of other programs.

I think Akok will play but otherwise I’m fine with this. I agree. And I’m not sure Cockburn could have made it more obvious he wasn’t really that interested in coming here.

I think killing other programs given the state of this one is simultaneously clueless and bush league.

Reaction Score
For whatever the reason IL was the only B1G school active with him. In a post visit interview posted somewhere on this board
Kofi stated he would love to play in the B1G. I guess even for an invisible program.

AAC is the gift that keeps on giving. And yes i know how we have not exactly been good in our league. But a naty is a naty repping the AAC.

IL?

Not so much.

Reaction Score
just hope that the committed recruits who are tight with Kofi don't turn around and ditch UConn

if you're referring to bouk and gaffney, who have both signed their LOIs, it doesnt seem like either were very tight with kofi seeing as how the announcement caught them by surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom