Kofi Commits to Illinois | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Kofi Commits to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Carlton/Wiseman matchup is going to be epic!

Action shot of Carlton during the Wiseman matchup:

1546824390713.png

Reaction Score
I'm a bears fan and just saw this post. Double kick in the nuts. We need a center badly this really hurts, huge misshapen of recruiting. Not sure what went wrong but this is a big blow.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I want Tre Mitchell or Qudus Wahab. I don't know a lot about Chol Marial but I would have no issue if he ends up at Storrs.

Disappointed UConn lost Kofi for sure and of course I start thinking about bag man but that's just me

Reaction Score
Hinted on the other thread.... This change radically very quickly
At one point I'm sure I remember you saying you are a high school teacher. Why can't you speak in complete, comprehensible sentences?? People, at least myself, want to hear what you have to say because you actually seem to have some real info, but needing a ouija board to decipher what you're saying kind of makes the info get lost in the shuffle. Thanks!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I want Tre Mitchell or Qudus Wahab. I don't know a lot about Chol Marial but I would have no issue if he ends up at Storrs

He's got more constant injury problems than Diarra, no?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
We need another center - no doubt about it. Those crapping on Carlton - in a perfect world he redshirts. Bigs develop later than guards and small forwards - Carlton needs time to build strength and coordination. He has tools - he just needs time. Case in point - look at Hilton Armstrong. He got abused for his first 2 years - started to hold his own as a junior and played his way into a pretty high draft pick as a senior. His body morphed through the years. The difference was he wasn't relied upon until he was ready. Carlton has been exposed because there are few options.

C

Chief00

hoping hurley and co. are checking in on wahab and mitchell as we speak...

perhaps Akok, Mitchell, and Wahab would actually fit better together than Akok, Mitchell, and Kofi would???

with akok and wahab on the roster you'll have a rim protector on the floor at all times. the same wouldn't be true with mitchell and kofi sharing the floor....

i'm either in the bargaining or acceptance stages of grief

They pivoted days ago but still were trying a last ditch effort on Kofi.

C

Chief00

I’m only saying that because I don’t think Underwood is the coach after this season
He will be now - Kofi saved the staff’s jobs - he was worth what was gambled.

C

Chief00

Don't normally let it bother me where an 18 year old goes but this one pisses me off, this wasn't really his decision. Makes me never want us to be involved with a Rens player again.
In hindsight, things changed when he changed schools. That was a sign there were other factors at play.

Reaction Score
Oh, the rationalization.

Kofi was the key to winning on the court and in recruiting, the insiders said don't fret, the outsiders trolled his Instagram account and posted his photos and comments and all was good. But, once he succumbed to the allure of Illinois it was cheating that took him away and we ought to go after Carrigan and Marial or ask Enoch to grad transfer.

It's as if Illinois' National Championship in 1963 is meaningless and had no influence on his decision even after his comment that he wants to get them back to winning championships. Maybe he meant other types of championships.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We need another center - no doubt about it. Those crapping on Carlton - in a perfect world he redshirts. Bigs develop later than guards and small forwards - Carlton needs time to build strength and coordination. He has tools - he just needs time. Case in point - look at Hilton Armstrong. He got abused for his first 2 years - started to hold his own as a junior and played his way into a pretty high draft pick as a senior. His body morphed through the years. The difference was he wasn't relied upon until he was ready. Carlton has been exposed because there are few options.

What are these tools you speak of? Very little athletic ability. Not good height or strength or mean streak. Not great touch. People talk about his footwork, but I don't see it. It's slow and even at such a slow pace, he often turns right into the defender. He rarely uses his body to create space.

Hilton was an athlete. He had a great frame to build muscle from. He was coordinated. Most importantly he was a legit 6'11 tall with long arms. Also, he got to practice against beasts his entire career.

Not crapping on Josh at all. He seems like a great kid and works hard, but I just don't think he's a high major player--most kids aren't quite frankly. It's just an objective opinion. I'm not sour about it either. It is what it is.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It seems weird to follow recruiting and be offended by the things that happen in recruiting.

I wish we had some guys that were spreading some cash around.

We already burned that bridge unfortunately.

Our football program tho....we need some proper !@#$!#@ing boosters. SEC style

Reaction Score
He will be now - Kofi saved the staff’s jobs - he was worth what was gambled.

Kofi cannot save any B1G coaches job. He was not a top 10 recruit.

Reaction Score
We should not be talking about Kofi's recruitment not being over. Or continuing on into the spring with him. With the combo of Oralndo Antigua and a coach on the hot seat at Illinois, his recruitment is questionable. You don't want the drama to come to Storrs.

C

Chief00

if you're referring to bouk and gaffney, who have both signed their LOIs, it doesnt seem like either were very tight with kofi seeing as how the announcement caught them by surprise
They may have been told by UConn - he would likely be coming a month or two ago.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Needed Kofi to get precious.

Weren't ever getting him anyway. He had some interest early in the process, that's it.

Big boys were always getting in. They can always afford to wait. A kid that good is going to wait. It is what it is.

There's nothing the boneyard loves more than a premature hard on. Hence the double entendre: 'the boneyard'.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Antigua $$$

Told ya'll his mentor was all about the money. Lower level than NY Rens kids, but I know the aau scene well

iirc you did.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Chief trying to take the high road but with the rumors circulating - it’s hard. Again, Chief has no evidence of malfeasance but lots of smoke since his visit.

That stuff happens more than we know and I will leave that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom