Kofi Cockburn update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn update

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Maybe the university is looking for a way to fire JC from his consulting gig for cause.
And then invite him as a walk on for practices.

Reaction Score

Misspoke....I don't even understand how you misspeak: "I am going to take 4 visits." Oh wait....I didn't mean the schools I said, I just meant I am going to take at least 4 of the 5 official visits I am allowed to take......

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Misspoke....I don't even understand how you misspeak: "I am going to take 4 visits." Oh wait....I didn't mean the schools I said, I just meant I am going to take at least 4 of the 5 official visits I am allowed to take.
I trust Slater here since he’s been spot on with these high ranked tristate kids. He probably spoke with the handler. But at least we know where Kofi’s Head is at. He likes Uconn and Kentucky and values history and championships. That’s pretty clear.

C

Chief00

When the recruiting levee breaks...

#ChiefConfirmed

Precious is more talented but the guy in Chief’s mind - who would make this a successful class is Kofi. Good Bigs are a rare commodity and generally ( putting 2014 aside) you need them to compete against the Big Boys.

Of course, the goal is both and a couple stud guards.

Reaction Score

As suspected, he doesn't have the UK offer yet but obviously he's hopeful. It's intimated here that he's next on the list behind Wiseman (possible Memphis lean) and Carey (possible Duke lean, despite this recent article about Carey + UK). It would have made me feel more comfortable if there was a Aidan Igiehon mention in here too.

C

Chief00

As suspected, he doesn't have the UK offer yet but obviously he's hopeful. It's intimated here that he's next on the list behind Wiseman (possible Memphis lean) and Carey (possible Duke lean, despite this recent article about Carey + UK). It would have made me feel more comfortable if there was a Aidan Igiehon mention in here too.

What Cal does is tell certain kids to wait - and see who follows through on 1and done in Spring @UK. Then there could be more slots.

Reaction Score

I hate this, he’d possibly rather be their 3rd choice than our first choice. I wish kids would try and keep this to themselves. It makes me wanna role with Josh Carlton and any other big that wants to be here and let him go elsewhere, even though god knows we need him.

Reaction Score
I think we'll push for him to commit in the next couple months. I doubt the staff will feel comfortable heading into the winter (let alone spring) without a center commit.

I agree with the sentiment that if I were a recruit, I wouldn't want to be strung along the way Calipari does to kids every year. But to his credit, it's a luxury that not many other coaches have ever had.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hate this, he’d possibly rather be their 3rd choice than our first choice. I wish kids would try and keep this to themselves. It makes me wanna role with Josh Carlton and any other big that wants to be here and let him go elsewhere, even though god knows we need him.

I bet a lot of this comes right from UK, rather than the kid, no matter how a reporter frames it.

Reaction Score
Smh if this is what you’re really taking from this

Let's just wait for him to pick Kentucky so every other 4*/5* big goes somewhere else and we are stuck plucking grad transfers. Where have we seen this strategy before????

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
these next few years have an abnormal amount of good talent in bigs area - an oddity for sure
I hope that DH and co. can reel at least 1 or 2 of them in

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Let's just wait for him to pick Kentucky so every other 4*/5* big goes somewhere else and we are stuck plucking grad transfers. Where have we seen this strategy before????
I think Dan Hurley has a much better take on where he’s leaning than you.

But sure, let’s run with your “tap out when you’re in the lead” strategy. Can’t lose if you never try, right?

Reaction Score
Seems like UK has their nose in just about every top big. Wiseman, Carey, Mcdaniels, Igheion, Kofi and Tshiebwe. We can only hope for once that Kentucky lands their top choices like they usually do right?/ Kinda stinks that it appears Kofi is a UK lock if he gets the offer but we would have loved to be remotely in this position with this kid under KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom