Kofi Cockburn update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I agree working this one hard. Looking forward to September. It won’t be a perfect month but it should be a very good one as the dam breaks. We love our friends in Queens, Bronx and Brooklyn. Jersey too.
Hedging here? "wont be perfect" so you're basically saying we will get SOME recruits in September...but not others. Basically no information.

C

Chief00

Hedging here? "wont be perfect" so you're basically saying we will get SOME recruits in September...but not others. Basically no information.

Not hedging - I have been consistent - the recruiting dam will break in Sept. I have stated that numerous times. Quite frankly, that’s good enough for Chief.
Some posters act like recruits will automatically commit in Sept so Chief is guaranteed to be right. I don’t know what you are basing that on. Plenty of years, we get no commits in Sept.

Reaction Score
Not hedging - I have been consistent - the recruiting dam will break in Sept. I have stated that numerous times. Quite frankly, that’s good enough for Chief.
Some posters act like recruits will automatically commit in Sept so Chief is guaranteed to be right. I don’t know what you are basing that on. Plenty of years, we get no commits in Sept.
Translation: When we get our first recruit in April, it will be because the dam broke in September and Chief will claim he called it!

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm not saying anything is automatic. But when you say the dam will break, you're saying there will be a flood of recruits. Define flood. To me, at minimum we'll get 2 recruits...but I can also see how a dam breaking could be taken as more than that.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm not saying anything is automatic. But when you say the dam will break, you're saying there will be a flood of recruits. Define flood. To me, at minimum we'll get 2 recruits...but I can also see how a dam breaking could be taken as more than that.
Don't make Chief get specific, it will ruin his ability to take credit when a couple recruits sign.

Reaction Score
Anyone know when the dam is breaking?
You gotta keep up around here...
dam will break by September.
Supporting the coaches trying to have that recruiting dam burst by September.
see you in September. The month the dam breaks.
Sept recruiting dam breaking
The grind is making progress - lots of rain the last month - dam will break in September.
The grind will payoff when the dam breaks in September.
Looking forward to September. It won’t be a perfect month but it should be a very good one as the dam breaks.
Dam breaking in September#ChiefCertified
the recruiting dam will break in Sept. I have stated that numerous times.

Reaction Score
I have September circled on my calendar and am eagerly awaiting midnight on August 31 because Chief sent me a double secret prophecy confirming the dam already has cracks in key areas (one up the middle and several on the perimeter).

The casual fan doesn't appreciate that cracks can be a good thing because they only recall the one they saw when Dan Akroyd was bending over in front of Mrs. Lubner's refrigerator.

Reaction Score
Can't speak for everyone, but, damn, this gag order Chief is under is driving me crazy. On the list of egregious missteps by KO and staff, Chief not being able to speak has to be on top.

Reaction Score
Ron-Simmons-Damn.jpg
tember

C

Chief00

Can't speak for everyone, but, damn, this gag order Chief is under is driving me crazy. On the list of egregious missteps by KO and staff, Chief not being able to speak has to be on top.

I am doing my best to inform given the environment. As KO said we all will get past this patch. Just not giving him or Mark Emmert any ammunition through unforced errors.

Reaction Score
Tcf15 - Thanks for all that great searching and research. As you illustrate, I give a consistent and specific answer and the Casual Fans keep asking variations of the same question- Thank God - I love the Casual Fans or else I would lose patience.

Filthy casuals. Amirite Chief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32