Kofi Cockburn update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn update

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's just wait for him to pick Kentucky so every other 4*/5* big goes somewhere else and we are stuck plucking grad transfers. Where have we seen this strategy before????

If you think that's the strategy I think you need to pay more attention. We are in on several guys. Filling the roster with 3 stars isn't going to change anything. Kentucky has not even offered. He just needs a nudge.

These kids are Lane Meyer in Better of Dead. We are Monique. Their eyes will be opened.

Reaction Score
There's also one or two 2020 5 star bigs Kentucky is high on that are considered reclassification candidates. One advantage we may have is that UK doesn't view Kofi as a certain 1 and done or even 2 and done. I doubt they'd want to create a log jam for future classes. Or I'm just overly optimistic and bored at work

Reaction Score
I hate this, he’d possibly rather be their 3rd choice than our first choice. I wish kids would try and keep this to themselves. It makes me wanna role with Josh Carlton and any other big that wants to be here and let him go elsewhere, even though god knows we need him.

This is the system.

Reaction Score
This is a bad take.

If the quote is accurate from that tweet it's not. More time Hurley wastes on a kid that wants to go somewhere else the worse it will turn out for UConn. We've played this game the past 5 years and it stinks.

Reaction Score
There's also one or two 2020 5 star bigs Kentucky is high on that are considered reclassification candidates. One advantage we may have is that UK doesn't view Kofi as a certain 1 and done or even 2 and done. I doubt they'd want to create a log jam for future classes. Or I'm just overly optimistic and bored at work
Just because he wants the offer doesn't even mean he'd commit. Jalen wanted the Kansas offer before he committed here. Some kids just want to prove they're good enough to play at the dukes and Kentucky's of the world

Reaction Score
Just because he wants the offer doesn't even mean he'd commit. Jalen wanted the Kansas offer before he committed here. Some kids just want to prove they're good enough to play at the dukes and Kentucky's of the world
True but it seems like in order for Kentucky to offer him they will have had to miss on a few other targets first, thus making him a big priority. But def agree w what you said

Reaction Score

As suspected, he doesn't have the UK offer yet but obviously he's hopeful. It's intimated here that he's next on the list behind Wiseman (possible Memphis lean) and Carey (possible Duke lean, despite this recent article about Carey + UK). It would have made me feel more comfortable if there was a Aidan Igiehon mention in here too.

I think we all knew he is waiting on a Kentucky offer. I fear for him though...if he goes to Kentucky his playing time won't be as robust and when Cal gets a new crop of kids next year, "The Burn" will be looking for a new school.

He should forget the "potential" Kentucky offer and take a concrete offer from UConn or even someone else.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
At one point (last week) I was rooting for Memphis to get Wiseman...

Reaction Score
Gimme Tre Mitchell ... I get the Bonzie Colson vibe with him; we will regret missing out.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

As suspected, he doesn't have the UK offer yet but obviously he's hopeful. It's intimated here that he's next on the list behind Wiseman (possible Memphis lean) and Carey (possible Duke lean, despite this recent article about Carey + UK). It would have made me feel more comfortable if there was a Aidan Igiehon mention in here too.

I, too, am waiting for an offer from Kentucky.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If he is waiting on a Squid offer that means the decision won't come until September and it will be a no go, so, he will sign with UConn
How do we know this? Because that's when the UConn recruiting "flood gates" will open - that is what all us casual fans have been told
Just bust'n Chief00!!
I think his chances of going to UK are no better than 40% and coming to UConn is at 50%
As I pointed out before, the next few years have a real abnormal bunch of 4* plus bigs coming up and I hope DH and staff hitch on to at least 2 of them
I'd love to get Kofi

Reaction Score
Diallo II

Next
let's just hope they get Wiseman. I am going to feel pretty lousy if we don't get Kofi or Achiuwa though. seems like we've put a lot of effort in

UconnU

Reaction Score
let's just hope they get Wiseman. I am going to feel pretty lousy if we don't get Kofi or Achiuwa though. seems like we've put a lot of effort in
They also lead for Vernon Carey now according to slater and dukie V. The thing is though they are expecting a front court exodus after this year. Would Cockburn go there knowing he’ll be a backup? That’s what Kentucky fans are hoping for.

Reaction Score
They also lead for Vernon Carey now according to slater and dukie V. The thing is though they are expecting a front court exodus after this year. Would Cockburn go there knowing he’ll be a backup? That’s what Kentucky fans are hoping for.
the kentucky fans I've seen online don't think he fits their style of play

Reaction Score
the kentucky fans I've seen online don't think he fits their style of play

That hasn't stopped Cal in the past. His team won an NCAA Tournament game 5 months ago going 0-6 from 3 point range in a entire game since he brought in a bunch of guys that can't shoot

UconnU

Reaction Score
Seems like UK has their nose in just about every top big. Wiseman, Carey, Mcdaniels, Igheion, Kofi and Tshiebwe. We can only hope for once that Kentucky lands their top choices like they usually do right?/ Kinda stinks that it appears Kofi is a UK lock if he gets the offer but we would have loved to be remotely in this position with this kid under KO
UK is involved with Hurt too. They expect their entire front court to leave after this season so they are even shopping for backup bigs. I think they lead with Tshiebwe and Carey and are in a toss up with Memphis for Wiseman. On the downside I do think they are prioritizing Kofi over Igheion. Igheion kind of struggled a little bit in the 3rd live period.

Reaction Score
If the quote is accurate from that tweet it's not. More time Hurley wastes on a kid that wants to go somewhere else the worse it will turn out for UConn. We've played this game the past 5 years and it stinks.
Yes but that was KO, this is Hurley. Let’s give him a chance and see what he can do. The ship may have taken on water the past few years, but it didn’t sink.

C

Chief00

If he is waiting on a Squid offer that means the decision won't come until September and it will be a no go, so, he will sign with UConn
How do we know this? Because that's when the UConn recruiting "flood gates" will open - that is what all us casual fans have been told
Just bust'n Chief00!!
I think his chances of going to UK are no better than 40% and coming to UConn is at 50%
As I pointed out before, the next few years have a real abnormal bunch of 4* plus bigs coming up and I hope Dan Hurley and staff hitch on to at least 2 of them
I'd love to get Kofi

I agree working this one hard. Looking forward to September. It won’t be a perfect month but it should be a very good one as the dam breaks. We love our friends in Queens, Bronx and Brooklyn. Jersey too.

Reaction Score
Yes but that was KO, this is Hurley. Let’s give him a chance and see what he can do. The ship may have taken on water the past few years, but it didn’t sink.

Agreed. UConn fans may be new to Hurley, but he’s not new to the recruiting game. Twice in the last three years at URI, he had four spots to fill in a class. Both years, they had zero verbals in early August and went on to fill each class by late September or early October. That’s what he’s trying to replicate.

If a specific player is set on a late commitment, they’ll weigh the odds... what’s better? A 100% chance on a three and a half star in September or a 33% chance on a 4/5 star in April, for example? That’s what they get paid the big bucks to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefty92

Top Bottom