Kofi Cockburn update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you think EJ Montgomery and Nick Richards leave UK after this year? Also, with the scoring talent next years Kentucky commits have, and assuming some of this roster will stay you'd have to think they'd use Cockburn as a big body just to clear space and grab rebounds. Can't imagine they'd give him too much offensive freedom

Reaction Score
Do you think EJ Montgomery and Nick Richards leave UK after this year? Also, with the scoring talent next years Kentucky commits have, and assuming some of this roster will stay you'd have to think they'd use Cockburn as a big body just to clear space and grab rebounds. Can't imagine they'd give him too much offensive freedom

I heard Montgomery and Richards are staying. There will be very little playing time at Kentucky for incoming bigs next year.

Reaction Score
FSU and Illinois intrigue me. Wondering why they are on the list. Well, let me rephrase...wondering why Illinois is on the list. FSU can put Cockburn in a strong conference on a good team...Illinois though....

Should this give us a little more positive feelings that "The Burn" will be a Husky?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I played ultimate with him on and off for years. He's a good guy.
That's good enough for me. Then again, my college roommate was a Columbia High School back in the beginning so I'm biased.

Reaction Score
He hated Calhoun and dogged Ollie even early on. He slurps off Calipari. I still don't like the guy and never will. #CalhounForLife

Calhoun was a monster to the press and media. Heard tons of storms including my old neighbor that worked for the HC and covered uconn bball for 25 years. He went to all the title games and 95% of home and BE tournament games. Talk to Calhoun at least 2 or 3 times a week.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looking at the potential of him committing, anyone have any idea if he & JC could share the court at all together?

JC? Who is JC?

Reaction Score
Don’t underestimate a FL State visit. Having said that, see you in September. The month the dam breaks.
Gonna remember this specific phrasing about the dam breaking and what that imagery implies.

I'm sure you won't let us down

Reaction Score
Hurley’s approach to recruitment has typically been unofficials in the summer- some announced, some not- scheduled around recruiting events and then officials the first month or so of school. At URI, the hit rate on official visits was high. No verbals in September at the start of classes could quickly turn into a four man class by early October. Time will tell how this translates to UConn, but so far, everything seems on track.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Josh Carlton

I have to confess, like my doppleganger @HawkHusky my mind went to Jim Calhoun. Carlton hasn't earned a reference via initials, and with those initials, never will.

Carlton is naturally a power forward. He just needs to develop a consistent 10-12 foot jumper. But this entire roster is going to be recruited over. They better get used to it.

Reaction Score
I have to confess, like my doppleganger @HawkHusky my mind went to Jim Calhoun. Carlton hasn't earned a reference via initials, and with those initials, never will.

Carlton is naturally a power forward. He just needs to develop a consistent 10-12 foot jumper. But this entire roster is going to be recruited over. They better get used to it.

What do you mean "naturally"?? Body size?

If you cant shoot 3s, youre not a PF the way hurley wants to coach.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What do you mean "naturally"?? Body size?

If you cant shoot 3s, youre not a PF the way hurley wants to coach.

I think that is an assumption that will prove false. Hurley will play a style that fits his roster. He has played multiple bigs who cannot shoot from outside when he has had them. Carlton is a natural 4 based on size and skill set. His jumper needs to improve.

Reaction Score
I think that is an assumption that will prove false. Hurley will play a style that fits his roster. He has played multiple bigs who cannot shoot from outside when he has had them. Carlton is a natural 4 based on size and skill set. His jumper needs to improve.

What about his skill set says "4" to you? He cant shoot.

Hes a small center.

Reaction Score
Right now, if they were playing at the same time, they’d get torn up by quick 4s defensively and we’d have zero spacing offensively. Not saying they’d never play together, but it would have to be very situational where they’re bullying the other team possession after possession because of a lack of strength.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
How many confirmed OV’s do we have now?

Reaction Score
How many confirmed OV’s do we have now?
Only two dates at the moment: James Bouknight (9/14) and Jalen Gaffney (9/21).

Anthony Harris might visit in October.

Not sure if the visit from Cockburn will be unofficial or official.

Reaction Score

AH isn't gonna make that OV in October...VA Tech will get him is my poor-man's, pessimistic prediction.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Nothing on Precious as of yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020