Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
While we're at it, let's get New Heights alum Moses Brown to decommit from UCLA and stay local.

27ovzy.jpg

Reaction Score
Great hire. I will admit that having Young is excellent back up in case Cox does get the URI job..Young is a very solid at recruiting and has a background that will connect with NYC players. This is the first strong move I have seen from a Hurley, and its a good one.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This stuff is getting me way too excited.

Lecque looks like he can be a player immediately, and ALL of this shapes up nicely for both short and long term.

Trying not to get giddy but it’s been a bit since I’ve felt this many good dots being connected to our powerhouse program.

Reaction Score
Lecque doesn’t follow many people on Twitter, but he follows Kimani Young.
He also follows a bunch of random UConn fan accounts too which is kinda wild. Didn’t see him following very many other fan accounts

Reaction Score
For an alternative view, he got busted selling 96 lbs! That takes some serious inititiative, a go-getter spirit which we've been lacking in Storrs for a while now. Welcome aboard Kimani!
That's a lot of weed. Most I've ever seen in person is 26lbs and 22lbs. Still, so what. He did his time let him live. Hope this doesn't become some thing like these become in Connecticut. Think the Correy Edsall saga.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know nothing about this guy but if he's solid NYC then that's real good but I thought Coach DH's dad could cover that territory like a blanket - he knows everyone in the area
Minnesota hasn't had much success but that probably has more to do with Pitino Jr
If this guy can reel in some tasty NYC kids - great
NYC has always been good to UConn in the glory days

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
From the URI board...

Re: The Official - URI’s NEW Head Coach Thread....

Postby Hurley Show » 21 minutes ago

Zags just tweeted, Cox interview ed today. Decision coming soon.

Postby Billyboy78 » 10 minutes ago

Birdman is saying that our Dooley
(President) loves Joe Dooley, that he wanted to hire him 6 years ago ahead of Dan. Now we find out that he did interview this morning and his ECU deal is not done. We'll see.

This is an interesting twist...could there be more to this than just Joe Dooley's agent looking to squeeze more cash out of ECU? Could the URI president actually prefer Dooley over Cox? ;)

The URI board also told me Hurley was staying there because he wanted to coach at a place where they had chartered flights and a practice facility and they're going to have that in five years if enough people donate $20.18.

Reaction Score
The URI board also told me Hurley was staying there because he wanted to coach at a place where they had chartered flights and a practice facility and they're going to have that in five years if enough people donate $20.18.
I don't think anyone knows for sure when the info is legit...but hadn't seen anyone mention that before about Dooley...thought it was pretty relevant and potentially important ...though maybe not quite as much as your news. ;)

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Edit: JMick deleted his post so I'll delete mine.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone knows for sure when the info is legit...but hadn't seen anyone mention that before about Dooley...thought it was pretty relevant and potentially important ...though maybe not quite as much as your news. ;)

Lol, it was fine. Just like to take my shots at KB anytime I can.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom