Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
meh it's a reasonable concern. either way it's immensely better than what we had, though.

The change at HC will, of course, make the biggest difference.

But the staff he assembles, and their ability to recruit and coach up the players he wants to get, is a big lever on the HC's success.

Reaction Score
I also don’t think this indicates Cox to URI. Perhaps even the opposite. The only local area we need to cover now is the DMV. That could point to Cox being the missing link.

I know that Hurley couldn’t take Boswell with him at this point, but maybe he wanted to upgrade the coaching chair and did so with Young. The jury is still out.

Reaction Score
Lester Quinones to Uconn makes way too much sense right now. He plays for Hurley's old high school team and Young's old AAU team and has a skill set we desperately need; a 2 Guard who can shoot and spreads the floor and is right in that # 50-75 prospect sweet spot that we should be able to get to come and play 3-4 years.
And
gif_temp003.gif

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
meh it's a reasonable concern. either way it's immensely better than what we had, though.

I think Moore should be fine on that end. People have raised concerns about Hurley's acumen, but I think the efforts of those two combined should have us in a good place.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So do you disagree or no?

Would I prefer Cox to Freeman for that spot? Yes.

I can guarantee you that there are better Xs and Os guys in the game currently whom you'd fret about missing out on just as much if you were aware of them.

By all means feel free to search for and hash out each and every worst-case scenario, but you won't have much company until the moment where it actually starts to show up on the court.

Reaction Score
I think Moore should be fine on that end. People have raised concerns about Hurley's acumen, but I think the efforts of those two combined should have us in a good place.
yes it'll be interesting to see if Hurley's style of play changes with better players

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I love the hire.

Before some knucklehead finds it and makes it a thread - Young served a year in prison about 20 years ago on a marijuana charge. He also lost his wife ten years ago and raised three kids by himself.

He’s had a very Caron-like rebirth.

Reaction Score
I love the hire.

Before some knucklehead finds it and makes it a thread - Young served a year in prison about 20 years ago on a marijuana charge. He also lost his wife ten years ago and raised three kids by himself.

He’s had a very Caron-like rebirth.
I was waiting for it, had some usual suspects in mind.

Reaction Score
He was the recruiter of Jellyfam chairman Isaiah Washington. With Pitino falling out of favor and Minnesota having a bad year, we could see some movement there. Keep in mind he is very close with Sid Wilson who also played for New Heights.
They had this little exchange when Sid transferred to UConn:
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 8.22.52 PM.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There are legs to the Lecque rumor, but I don’t think Minnesota has been on him particularly hard, so I’m not sure if this moves the needle much.
Could see him recruiting Lecque harder since we have a better chance of realistically landing him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom