Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
He used to coach New Heights, who will have Precious Achiuwa and Lester Quinones this summer. Expect both to be targets.
I have zero insider info on this one but @husky99 said in another thread that Hurley is trying to get a top 30 2019 guy from the tri state area to reclassify to 2018... maybe that’s Precious Achiuwa?

Let’s look at the facts:

1: he goes to St Penedicts Prep where Hurley is a legend — since he goes to prep this also leads me to believe he might be eligible to reclassify
2: hes from the Bronx (fits tri state criteria and Kimani recruiting zone)
3: had an offer from Minnesota, and like you said has a connection to Kimani (follows him on twitter too)

Pure speculation but just throwing it out there haha

Reaction Score
Sounds like an awesome hire! Let's continue to have this string of good news!

Reaction Score
From the URI board...

Re: The Official - URI’s NEW Head Coach Thread....

Postby Hurley Show » 21 minutes ago

Zags just tweeted, Cox interview ed today. Decision coming soon.

Postby Billyboy78 » 10 minutes ago

Birdman is saying that our Dooley
(President) loves Joe Dooley, that he wanted to hire him 6 years ago ahead of Dan. Now we find out that he did interview this morning and his ECU deal is not done. We'll see.

This is an interesting twist...could there be more to this than just Joe Dooley's agent looking to squeeze more cash out of ECU? Could the URI president actually prefer Dooley over Cox? ;)

Reaction Score
I love the hire.

Before some knucklehead finds it and makes it a thread - Young served a year in prison about 20 years ago on a marijuana charge. He also lost his wife ten years ago and raised three kids by himself.

He’s had a very Caron-like rebirth.
Meh, I don't think that is even illegal anymore.

Reaction Score
Hurley
Cox
Moore
Young

That's a studly New England recruiting lineup.
Im already giddie with excitement but if we can pull in Cox ill lose my mind. This is setting up so much better than i ever couldve imagined. I feel like we`re putting together a sort of dream team coaching staff. Im already imagining all the jokes being made here about Cox pulling in Akok and Cockburn.
On a serious note Uconn could be heading into a second renaissance that could even surpass the greatness of the first. Sorry, i know im getting really ahead of myself.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I love the hire.

Before some knucklehead finds it and makes it a thread - Young served a year in prison about 20 years ago on a marijuana charge. He also lost his wife ten years ago and raised three kids by himself.

He’s had a very Caron-like rebirth.

Bless your heart -- after two decades running this site you still think you can prevent people from making unnecessary, duplicate threads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom