Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's also 6'4", so it's not like we couldn't start him at the 3 next year if Gilbert is healthy.

Recruiting sites list him as 6’1”. Did he grow?

Reaction Score
So do we have a timetable on this top 30 player? I would assume it would be relatively soon given that most of the 2018 class is already committed.

C

Chief00

Still have not gotten a confirm on the URI coaching hire rumor. Not sure if the AD and Prez are on the same page now?

Seriously, I like Hurley’s attitude - doing what we need to do to win. Not concerned about some nonsense that some might have with someone’s long ago past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Still have not gotten a confirm on the URI coaching hire rumor. Not sure if the AD and Prez are on the same page now?

Seriously, I like Hurley’s attitude - doing what we need to do to win. Not concerned about some nonsense that some might have with someone’s long ago past.

Should open the door up for a big mans coach huh Chief? I mean who cares about 96 lbs of weed or a 96lb ho as long as everyone is on the straight and narrow? All in fun ;)

Reaction Score
So Cox get Akok with Cockburn but only if he has Quinones?

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Kimani Young Joins Men's Basketball Coaching Staff
Growing up in New York and playing college basketball in the 1990s, Young became extremely familiar with UConn basketball.

“I grew up following UConn basketball as a Big East fan,” he said. “It’s a place where kids growing up in the Northeast wanted to go to school and play basketball. It obviously has a tremendous fan base.

“Whenever you take on a new job, there’s a hunger that comes with that … a hunger to recruit, a hunger to coach, a hunger to succeed and I think when you walk into a new situation like that, with a young coach like Danny, it’s motivating. It’ll be a challenge, but when we do what we’re expected to do, this place will be awesome again.”

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Kimani Young Joins Men's Basketball Coaching Staff
Growing up in New York and playing college basketball in the 1990s, Young became extremely familiar with UConn basketball.

“I grew up following UConn basketball as a Big East fan,” he said. “It’s a place where kids growing up in the Northeast wanted to go to school and play basketball. It obviously has a tremendous fan base.

“Whenever you take on a new job, there’s a hunger that comes with that … a hunger to recruit, a hunger to coach, a hunger to succeed and I think when you walk into a new situation like that, with a young coach like Danny, it’s motivating. It’ll be a challenge, but when we do what we’re expected to do, this place will be awesome again.”
Also this one:

“I believe in the brand of UConn basketball -- it’s a national brand, it’s a championship brand, and I just thought the opportunity to get in on the ground level with Danny, to help the rebirth of UConn basketball, is just something I couldn’t turn down.”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Also this one:

“I believe in the brand of UConn basketball -- it’s a national brand, it’s a championship brand, and I just thought the opportunity to get in on the ground level with Danny, to help the rebirth of UConn basketball, is just something I couldn’t turn down.”

Rumors of UConn's irrelevance have been greatly exaggerated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom