Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
A nugget from the end of the Courant article on Young:

"Kevin Freeman, who has been the Huskies’ director of basketball operations, is expected to be offered the chance to stay with the program in some capacity. With Moore and Young in place, Hurley would have one more spot to fill."

Reaction Score
A thing I've liked about this whole Ollie to Hurley coaching change that I don't think has been talked about is that we are re-establishing our regional identity.

That is important if we are going to be in the AAC.

Ollie obviously went to school here and is a husky through and through, but he's a west coast guy, deep down.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
A thing I've liked about this whole Ollie to Hurley coaching change that I don't think has been talked about is that we are re-establishing our regional identity.

Ollie obviously went to school here and is a husky through and through, but he's a west coast guy, deep down.

I hope KO gets a job in the NBA and eventually makes it as a head coach there. It fits him to a T.

Reaction Score
Between what our new coach said in tcf's post and UConn Dans post OMG he sent chills (hmmmm chills?) up and down me. Wow he's talking our language and I do believe him and believe he feels like the brand, the proximity and history will enable him to get his guys to take the short trip north to conquer college hoops again.

Ok the Hurley regime has begun for me now for sure, all in. Let's go:D

Reaction Score
You also need subs, especially given Adams's questionable commitment to conditioning and Gilbert coming back from injury.

Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Lecque, and Wilson can split probably 130 minutes between them (120 at the 1-3, plus Wilson for 10 minutes in a small lineup at the 4).
Adams questionable commitment to conditioning? I'm pretty sure he lead the conference and was close to the top in the country in min. played

Reaction Score

I'm all gunned up over the possibilities if what Young is saying actually translates into major recruiting wins. But, my wife warns me this is an annual event with me, always letting the "coach speak" get me fired up about the "next great class", which has led to disappointments the past few years, so I'm going to cool it a little until we see the signatures on the LOI's.
Hoping for the best with the final hire too. We haven't had a big man's coach of note since Clyde left so is it possible the game plan is Kevin Freeman in that role if Cox doesn't come?
After all, how many years can we expect him to stay in the role of DBO? Seems like a dead end job after a couple years.

Reaction Score
You’re way too good at this

Good at what? It's only common sense that if you have Moore Cox you are going to have a greater likelihood at landing Cockburn.

Sorry to derail the thread - let's get back to recruiting talk.

Reaction Score
Rumors of UConn's irrelevance have been greatly exaggerated.
Talk is cheap. There is no question that its nice to hear but its now time to go out and prove it. The last few years irrelevant is exactly what we were. Thankfully, the pieces are in place for all this to happen. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Talk is cheap. There is no question that its nice to hear but its now time to go out and prove it. The last few years irrelevant is exactly what we were. Thankfully, the pieces are in place for all this to happen. Go Huskies!
That word “irrelevant” is so over used. We stunk but we weren’t irrelevant. We still mattered which is why article after article was written about our demise. Boston College is irrelevant, even when they have decent yrs nobody cares

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
And to be completely transparent if you have Moore Young Cox leading the squad the chances of getting Cockburn are really off the charts.

I’ve been laughing for a good 5 minutes...but that all changed when I realized because of this exact recruiting trend, jelly will be of the utmost importance when paired with so much potential in your Cockburns, etc.

Reaction Score
I've always said that if you're going to break the law do it in style. This guy knows how to do that.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
But, my wife warns me this is an annual event with me, always letting the "coach speak" get me fired up about the "next great class", which has led to disappointments the past few years, so I'm going to cool it a little until we see the signatures on the LOI's.
Nobody puts @Scrutiner in the corner. With all the lawyers on this board, at least 1 must do divorces. Reach out to them and "keep it in the family".

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
lots of promblems being fixed right now
I fix my promblem by putting the boy taking my daughter in a chokehold before prom photos. Works every time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I think re-establishing a regional identity increases the odds of leaving the AAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom