Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dang! How quickly folks forget Candice Wiggins. Or my favorite Jennifer Azzi.
Ok but it may be a sign that it is a bit dated when your current player is named after them. I agree Wiggins is a pretty good example but had alot of bad medical luck while also being buried behind Whalen

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Dang! How quickly folks forget Candice Wiggins. Or my favorite Jennifer Azzi.
It’s been 17 yrs? since Jen Azzi ended her playing career, so that wouldn’t necessarily qualify as “recent.” As for Wiggins we can debate whether she made a “significant mark” in the W. Wiggins had some pretty bad injuries through the years and she mostly came off the bench. More recently she announced her retirement while taking one more very public shot at gay players in the W.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
a guy that goes to her school said she going to Stanford.

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl whose brother goes to school with Kiki... I guess it’s pretty serious.​

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rumor has it she recently switched to Dukes Mayo. She has been quoted, although this is not properly sourced, as saying "It's got twang!". Is this a bad sign, @triaddukefan ?

Apparently so... More Dukes Mayo for me I suppose.

Yes, and apparently she’s going to the University of Hellmann’s.

She’s just keeping it “real.”

FB_IMG_1635457050384.jpg

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'm obviously biased in favor of Stanford, but Rice will get a great education on and off the court wherever she goes. She has no bad options.

As for Stanford guards in the W, we haven't had a top 5 (recruit) guard since Wiggins, so I'm not shocked we've had no pro all stars in the league in the past decade. Apart from recruiting, I do think some coaches (Geno and Walz come to mind) are better player development coaches than Tara is, at the margins.

But I also think top student athletes who pick Stanford are wired a bit differently. Andrew Luck stayed a year to finish his degree and walked away from literally $100m to save his brain and his body. There's no question Chiney would be better on court if she wasn't developing quite the side (now arguably main) hustle as on air talent. Etc.

I guess the question is what kind of 40-year career Rice wants to have. And the only right answer is the one that's right for her. I can see great arguments for all her options.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wow, quick, someone check on @triaddukefan and @CamrnCrz1974 as I fear for their health!

I'm fine.. I just assumed she wasn't coming down here. . I read on here that the young lady wanted to win championships and as much as I love Duke and have high hopes for Coach K, I don't think we will be in a position to win national championships in the near future.

That being said.. If she did decide to pull of a shocker, I did have a box of Uncle Ben's in the cabinet that I was gonna sprinkle all over the backyard in celebration. Guess I may use it now an attempt to make some jambalaya.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just want to say how amusing I find it that the recruit decision watch process has now taken the form of micro-monitoring likes and follows -- and the kiss-of-death unfollows -- on social media.

We now have a bunch of Chloe O'Brians filling us in on the latest vagaries of the social media intrigue. One day it's Duke! Oh no wait -- Duke unfollowed her! My head spins!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If I had a free ride to a Stanford education on the table, that would be hard to turn down. Stanford on your resume opens a lot of doors.
QB Casey Cochran picked UConn football over Harvard. But he’d already had 9 or so concussions. Affects sound decision making.

Reaction Score
If I had a free ride to a Stanford education on the table, that would be hard to turn down. Stanford on your resume opens a lot of doors.
It can argued that grad school/law school/etc. matter even more than where one acquires a baccalaureate degree. Undergrad academic success at any of Kiki’s options will open the door to a first rate graduate education.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I just want to say how amusing I find it that the recruit decision watch process has now taken the form of micro-monitoring likes and follows -- and the kiss-of-death unfollows -- on social media.

We now have a bunch of Chloe O'Brians filling us in on the latest vagaries of the social media intrigue. One day it's Duke! Oh no wait -- Duke unfollowed her! My head spins!

For us gray beards.. Can you enlighten us on who Chloe O'Brian is?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Absolutely it does, but UCONN is the absolute best at opening doors to the basketball court!
I would extend that beyond the basketball court. Geno is wired to hundreds of corporate CEO’s and decision-makers. All he has to do is pick up the phone and make a call. Would Caroline Doty have secured an executive position at Nike had it not been for Geno & UConn WBB opening the door?

Reaction Score
So dramatic of K Lawson.

But I get it. She probably doesn't want to see all the pending social media posts of KiKi in her new schools' uniform.

I agree, on both points too.

IIRC, Kara Lawson chose Tennessee over Stanford against her father’s wishes and it took time for him to come around after that.

Of course I still have no idea where Rice has for sure decided to attend college but still adds contextual juice to the speculation

Reaction Score
It can argued that grad school/law school/etc. matter even more than where one acquires a baccalaureate degree. Undergrad academic success at any of Kiki’s options will open the door to a first rate graduate education.
Absolutely agree.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For us gray beards.. Can you enlighten us on who Chloe O'Brian is?
A memorable character (memorable to those who watched it) from the series "24" in the 2000s. Expert analyst at the "Counterterrorism Unit" who spent most of her time in front of a computer screen digging up critical intel and feeding it surreptitiously to Jack Bauer. She was also known for her surly one-liners.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I agree, on both points too.

IIRC, Kara Lawson chose Tennessee over Stanford against her father’s wishes and it took time for him to come around after that.

Of course I still have no idea where Rice has for sure decided to attend college but still adds contextual juice to the speculation
Yes it took Kara's dad time ... over 3 years if memory serves. He would not visit Tenn or her games. Hopefully that kind of family warfare is not in the cards for Kiki.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom