Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
A memorable character (memorable to those who watched it) She was also known for her surly one-liners.
Surly one-liners?

Sounds familiar.

1636053020467.gif

Reaction Score
I would extend that beyond the basketball court. Geno is wired to hundreds of corporate CEO’s and decision-makers. All he has to do is pick up the phone and make a call. Would Caroline Doty have secured an executive position at Nike had it not been for Geno & UConn WBB opening the door?
If anyone has not seen the zoom call he did with that Italian Association, please I highly recommend.
The man is such a brilliant communicator. Much great info about his upbringing, his Italian heritage, his family, Italy, wine, pasta sauce (not gravy according to GA)
His demeanor, his attitude, his knowledge of so many subjects!! It has to rub off on the kids and have such a positive influence on them. You can tell that he has so many really good friends....to lead into what you're saying.

Reaction Score
Right now, with all the great guards we have for the near future, the main reason to recruit Kiki Rice would be to keep her away from Stanford. I know that sounds crass, but Stanford has so much going for it attraction-wise that it is scary. I see Tara as a relatively low key recruiter in the past. I think she has gone to a higher key in the past few years. If she decides to hit “High C” she can have any kid with half a brain and cruise to retirement with several more NC’s in her wake.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Right now, with all the great guards we have for the near future, the main reason to recruit Kiki Rice would be to keep her away from Stanford. I know that sounds crass, but Stanford has so much going for it attraction-wise that it is scary. I see Tara as a relatively low key recruiter in the past. I think she has gone to a higher key in the past few years. If she decides to hit “High C” she can have any kid with half a brain and cruise to retirement with several more NC’s in her wake.
The minute Kiki steps on the floor as a Husky (if) she'll immediately be in a battle with Nika for third guard on a team that likes to start at least 3 guards. I see both CD and Saylor as wings, not guards. So what is the problem? I don't see the object of recruiting Kiki as an attempt to keep her away from anyone. Not in the least.

Reaction Score
The minute Kiki steps on the floor as a Husky (if) she'll immediately be in a battle with Nika for third guard on a team that likes to start at least 3 guards. I see both CD and Saylor as wings, not guards. So what is the problem? I don't see the object of recruiting Kiki as an attempt to keep her away from anyone. Not in the least.
Cool!
I see the logjam at wing (2 or 3, really just different sides of the court and a little difference defensively) Even Aubrey and Mir IMO could be considered wings.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
1. Because Kiki wants the NCs
2. From ESPN's team roasters, South Carolina has 10 and Stanford has 12 players as guard. While UConn has only 7 players as guard.

For Stanford, Wilson and Jordan will be gone next year for sure, and the Hulls and Brown all could be as well. Jones might be listed as a guard on the roster, but she's a frontcourt player. That slices that 12 down quite a bit for 22-23.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What will also be really really crazy if Duke get Kiki is their entire 22 class will be full of players that wanted to go to UCONN-UNTIL Kara showed up!
Ashlon Jackson really wanted to go to UCONN
Shay Bollin visited UCONN as a sophomore (Freshman? )
I don't think Duke is even an option for Kiki if not for Kara.

Actually we have 3 in the class. Emma Koabel was the first to commit. She is a 5'10 guard out of Canada.

Reaction Score
Unlike Kara, UCLA Coach Cori Close is still engaging with Kiki Rice on social media. Cori "liked" Kiki's tweet from today reminding everyone of her looming announcement. Interesting.

Reaction Score
golf, tennis, country club sports 100% agree. Not so easy for basketball.
Might argue that Geno, Kim, Dawn, and Jeff (Geno's redheaded step child) have the sweet spot covered in WCBB

Reaction Score
golf, tennis, country club sports 100% agree. Not so easy for basketball.
Might argue that Geno, Kim, Dawn, and Jeff (Geno's redheaded step child) have the sweet spot covered in WCBB
Stanford has pretty much been the cream of the crop for all women’s sports. Obviously, UConn is at the top for wbb, but Stanford is also in that next bunch right up there on a regular basis. Tara has been recruiting better as of late and it looks like it will continue the next few years at least, keeping them in the same sentence as UConn and South Carolina.

Outside of basketball, there isn’t really another school that comes close in their women’s athletic dept. Obviously, this has no bearing on where Kiki is going to end up at. But I wouldn’t say Stanford is good just at country club sports; they’re really good at all women’s sport. National championships in the last 5 years or so:

Pretty much only thing missing is softball. And when adding in years with top 5 finishes, it’s pretty much every year across the board for most their women’s programs.

Reaction Score
High C is OK. Double high C would be trouble, though. (Nerd reference for screech guys).

Reaction Score
Stanford has pretty much been the cream of the crop for all women’s sports. Obviously, UConn is at the top for wbb, but Stanford is also in that next bunch right up there on a regular basis. Tara has been recruiting better as of late and it looks like it will continue the next few years at least, keeping them in the same sentence as UConn and South Carolina.

Outside of basketball, there isn’t really another school that comes close in their women’s athletic dept. Obviously, this has no bearing on where Kiki is going to end up at. But I wouldn’t say Stanford is good just at country club sports; they’re really good at all women’s sport. National championships in the last 5 years or so:

Pretty much only thing missing is softball. And when adding in years with top 5 finishes, it’s pretty much every year across the board for most their women’s programs.
Good information, thanks.
I was thinking men and women when I said that but I appreciate it. I was thinking about Tiger Woods and John McEnroe, etc

Reaction Score
I believe that recruits need to have at least one and a half sized brains to go to Stanford.........:rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
See if you can catch some hints from this Kiki's new Twit Tweet.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Will she please get on with it. I don't know where to watch for it.

Reaction Score
I'm fine.. I just assumed she wasn't coming down here. . I read on here that the young lady wanted to win championships and as much as I love Duke and have high hopes for Coach K, I don't think we will be in a position to win national championships in the near future.

That being said.. If she did decide to pull of a shocker, I did have a box of Uncle Ben's in the cabinet that I was gonna sprinkle all over the backyard in celebration. Guess I may use it now an attempt to make some jambalaya.

jambalaya-newman.gif

Reaction Score
Kiki seems like a kid who has been pampered to a degree. By that I mean just well cared for, loved a great deal, provided for with a great school...etc. A kid like that has tremendous self induced pressure to make mom and dad pleased with their choice, and their environment in agreement with it. Uconn may well be the best choice for her but if I had to bet I'd take Stanford as her choice. Basketball may well be her real future but is that her choice now? Very few kids are really academically qualified for Stanford and she probably is. Very few kids fit her profile in general. Her friends in school are being groomed for schools like Stanford if everything goes as planned by their parents. She doesn't disappoint anyone in her family with Stanford. I'm just happy for her from afar. I selfishly hope she picks Uconn but there should be no disparagement if she doesn't. She's a kid deciding her future. No matter what we should all be sincerely happy for her. If she actually wants Uconn does she have the self esteem and confidence to make the decision on her own and actually pull the trigger on anything other than Stanford or Duke? We will soon see. If she does want Stanford herself, then now is the time.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
With any luck Kiki Rice will go to another college other than UCONN. With more luck UCONN will get the better player in 2023, Mikaylah Williams.
Interesting statement. What are your criteria?

Reaction Score
This psychoanalyzing of a 17-year old's decision process and what they want from life.
I'm not even a parent and I can tell you that's a fool's errand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom