Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

Reaction Score
Why should she come to UConn when they have two of the potentially best guards in WCBB for the next three to four years, a very good guard in Muhl and two potentially outstanding big guards for four years in Poffenbarger and Ducharme? When would she start or play a lot of minutes?
1. Because Kiki wants the NCs
2. From ESPN's team roasters, South Carolina has 10 and Stanford has 12 players as guard. While UConn has only 7 players as guard.

Reaction Score
2. From ESPN's team roasters, South Carolina has 10 and Stanford has 12 players as guard. While UConn has only 7 players as guard.

Quality is over quantity. UConn has better guards > SC > Stanford. If I were Kiki, I would choose Stanford.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Why should she come to UConn when they have two of the potentially best guards in WCBB for the next three to four years, a very good guard in Muhl and two potentially outstanding big guards for four years in Poffenbarger and Ducharme? When would she start or play a lot of minutes?

four-horsemen-apocalypse-1024x576.png

Our 4 guard offense. We can take KiKi and one more - Mikayla Wms.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So essentially recruit over players? I'm OK not getting every top player if it means members of the team that put in their time and work hard get their opportunity to play more than just the last 4 minutes when we're up 50 on South Central Louisiana State University.
I don’t disagree. Recruiting over players is a legitimate issue. For many years, Geno was adverse to doing so. But the drive to lock up recruits earlier and earlier, along with the significant impact of the transfer portal, have changed Geno and most college coaches opinion on that subject.

Geno went a couple year when his recruiting classes were very lean. Players get injured and players transfer. If you look at UConn’s top competition, SC & Stanford, both teams go 10+ deep with talent.

If you think about it, bringing in Dorka as a transfer from tOSU can be viewed as recruiting over a number of UConn players including: Piath, Amari and even Aaliyah.

At the end of the day kids will compete for PT in practice. Unfortunately, not everyone will earn the minutes they had hoped for.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Paige wrote on the ig comment "you know where to go" to me that didn't sound like a real feeling she is going to Uconn. I will say she goes to Duke or Stanford my final choice tho is Duke
With any luck Kiki Rice will go to another college other than UCONN. With more luck UCONN will get the better player in 2023, Mikaylah Williams.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

She can't get NCs at Stanford or South Carolina? They both have had NCs since UConn has.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
With any luck Kiki Rice will go to another college other than UCONN. With more luck UCONN will get the better player in 2023, Mikaylah Williams.
Is Williams really better than Rice? I have not seen much of either one.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Looking at your guard numbers I'm reminded of General Buck Turgidson's immortal words: "Mr. President we must not allow a mine shaft gap!" And, of course, our own general's words: "You can't have too many guards."

Reaction Score
Someone posted this earlier, but I actually think one of the appeals to UConn is the proximity to her freshman brother at Yale. I remember a top recruit years ago who went from Southern California to Rutgers stating her brother was at Seton Hall.

With Duke seemingly out of the picture, I have to imagine this is between Stanford and Connecticut. Simply on the fact, that while both Arizona and UCLA are appealing with high energy, young coaches, it's going to be awfully hard to head West and not select Stanford, especially with Kiki coming from a family of Ivy Leagures and having attended the prestigious and highly academic Sidwell Friends HS (and it's near $50,000/year tuition!).

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree. Recruiting over players is a legitimate issue. For many years, Geno was adverse to doing so. But the drive to lock up recruits earlier and earlier, along with the significant impact of the transfer portal, have changed Geno and most college coaches opinion on that subject.

Geno went a couple year when his recruiting classes were very lean. Players get injured and players transfer. If you look at UConn’s top competition, SC & Stanford, both teams go 10+ deep with talent.

If you think about it, bringing in Dorka as a transfer from tOSU can be viewed as recruiting over a number of UConn players including: Piath, Amari and even Aaliyah.

At the end of the day kids will compete for PT in practice. Unfortunately, not everyone will earn the minutes they had hoped for.
Great points as always!
Devil's Advocate: I've made this point before: when Geno recruits a young college student to UConn, a team affiliated with a state university, he has a responsibility to that young person in terms of development and even PT IMO. Is college basketball really, "selling waterfront property in Phoenix"? I would also argue that the well-being of the young person supersedes winning NC's.
So, if one "screws up" and stockpiles, on-purpose or accidentally, 5 or 6 3-men, like this edition of UConn WCBB, it is up to Geno and the staff to figure out how to be fair to these athletes. I am always a proponent of using more people. (I won't go there here)
For you bashers, it's not about NC's. NC's are the product of integrity and excellence, qualities Geno and UConn WCBB are know for. This is not the Seattle Storm or Phoenix Mercury.
It's not good enough to say, "this is college basketball now". If it is, it must change immediately.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looking at your guard numbers I'm reminded of General Buck Turgidson's immortal words: "Mr. President we must not allow a mine shaft gap!" And, of course, our own general's words: "You can't have too many guards."
Not meaning to be a snot but I am not sure I recall any recent ? Stanford Guards that made a significant mark in the WNBA? I know Kiana Williams is buried on the bench. Karlie a little less buried?

Reaction Score
Awww man! Not the unfollowing! That is how the break ups start.
So dramatic of K Lawson.

But I get it. She probably doesn't want to see all the pending social media posts of KiKi in her new schools' uniform.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Awww man! Not the unfollowing! That is how the break ups start.
Is that something that other colleges have done in the past? Does not seem like a good look until after the official announcement. I could see where Kara who coached KiKi in 3 x 3 and had a really good advantage would be really disappointed

Reaction Score
Is that something that other colleges have done in the past? Does not seem like a good look until after the official announcement. I could see where Kara who coached KiKi in 3 x 3 and had a really good advantage would be really disappointed
Did Kara coach the youth 3x3? I didn't think so, but could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Not meaning to be a snot but I am not sure I recall any recent ? Stanford Guards that made a significant mark in the WNBA? I know Kiana Williams is buried on the bench. Karlie a little less buried?
Dang! How quickly folks forget Candice Wiggins. Or my favorite Jennifer Azzi.

Reaction Score
Dang! How quickly folks forget Candice Wiggins. Or my favorite Jennifer Azzi.
What were those careers in the W? Maybe im too young to remember Azzi’s career but I vividly remember Candiace and my disdain for her after our final 4 loss to Stanford(lol) but from her career in the W she didn’t live up to the hype.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom