Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

Reaction Score
Big time decision. Sounds like Paige knows where?
why would she tell Paige? They have no correlation with each other. I don't even think she would talk to Azzi about it and they are basically neighbors. People keep thinking Paige knows everything about what someone is thinking, I really don't get why.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If she is not going to get drafted at a high level she is more likely to stay. If her numbers are squashed she will not look as good as a draft pick. Total speculation on my part but it took me 10 minutes of watching her play to assess she needs to play more and looking at her year end numbers I think I was right. She can even shoot the 3 and she rebounds well. She put up comparable numbers to Nelson-Ododa and she was a freshman playing 8 minutes a game less.
I'm still not following. The earliest someone can leave is after their Jr. year, and that's only if they are born before a certain date, don't know if that applies to Brink or not.

Do you think WNBA GMs can't see a player's potential, even if they aren't playing 30+ minutes per game? I think everybody who has watched Brink play has seen her potential, you can't hide it.

I do agree with you, I think Brink should play more, but I can't fathom that Tara is doing it to hold her back.

Reaction Score
I see no reason why Paige would stay past next year. She probably is one of the top 2 or 3 picks after her junior year.
No argument with your thought but I think Paige should use every year possible before going to the WNBA. Yes she transitioned from high school to D1 quite well obviously but the leap to the W is much more physical. Paige needs to continue to develop body mass / muscle to have the same success at the next level.
Positive reports of just that coming out as due to her injury and not being able to practice on the court she has been in the weight room.
Time will tell....

Reaction Score
Yeah she graduates next year so if she were to choose UConn, she would be in Storrs 7 months from now to start her freshman season. Won't Paige and Azzi still have 3 seasons eligibility remaining at that point meaning all three, Paige+Azzi+Rice could play together for 3 seasons, or until Rice's senior year (assuming no one leaves early)?
Change this to "until the end of Rice's junior year" and you will be correct. Rice's senior year doesn't begin until Azzi and Paige have been gone from UConn for at least 5 months.

Reaction Score
It looks like Kiki's brother attends Yale and plays basketball there. Maybe Kiki wants to be close to him so they can see each other play and the parents can kill 2 birds with a stone seeing them both play up here. ;)

Is it 6:00 pm yet??

Reaction Score
Kara Lawson just unfollowed Kiki on Instagram which suggests Duke was notified tonight of her decision to go elsewhere. I anticipated Duke to be the most likely destination as a strong academic, close to home program with a young coach seeking return to prominence is a winning narrative. Interesting.

Meanwhile, Arizona (who I consider the least likely destination) head coach Adia Barnes is posting a celebratory cryptic photo of her recruiting coordinator 45 minutes ago.

This is all so fascinating.

Reaction Score
Kara Lawson just unfollowed Kiki on Instagram which suggests Duke was notified tonight of her decision to go elsewhere. I anticipated Duke to be the most likely destination as a strong academic, close to home program with a young coach seeking return to prominence is a winning narrative. Interesting.

Meanwhile, Arizona (who I consider the least likely destination) head coach Adia Barnes is posting a celebratory cryptic photo of her recruiting coordinator 45 minutes ago.

I found it funny ppl said Kiki wants to be close to home she has no shot to west yet 3 of her final 5 were pac 12 schools. I still say Stanford

Reaction Score
If she is not going to get drafted at a high level she is more likely to stay. If her numbers are squashed she will not look as good as a draft pick. Total speculation on my part but it took me 10 minutes of watching her play to assess she needs to play more and looking at her year end numbers I think I was right. She can even shoot the 3 and she rebounds well. She put up comparable numbers to Nelson-Ododa and she was a freshman playing 8 minutes a game less.
You think that the WNBA talent evaluators and GMs look at points and rebound numbers when deciding on draft picks? No, that’s what uninformed fans do.

Reaction Score
If Rice doesn't come here, we shift our focus to Mikayla Williams. I like something Geno says to recruits........We'd love to have you come to UConn, but we're going to win with you, or without you. :D
I don’t think UConn would need to shift their focus. I believe it’s already on Williams.

Reaction Score
Drum roll………

Suspense Anticipation GIF

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
To those of yall who follow these youngsters social media.. Does anyone know what kind of mayo this young lady uses? I'm looking for a sign.
Rumor has it she recently switched to Dukes Mayo. She has been quoted, although this is not properly sourced, as saying "It's got twang!". Is this a bad sign, @triaddukefan ?

Reaction Score
I don't know how much more of this I can take. Haven't slept and barely eaten since she made this announcement. Thankfully, it'll all be over tomorrow. But with my luck, I'll finally fall asleep and miss it all. Thank God for the BY to keep me filled in. :D
Please, what time is her announcement scheduled for.

Reaction Score

Good catch on the first one. Looks like it won’t be Duke then.
I don’t think Barnes’ post has anything to do with Kiki though, all she did was repost a photo her recruiter had recently posted hyping her up. Which is pretty common. I’m interested to see. My first guess was Duke, so I’m going with my second guess Stanford.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Why should she come to UConn when they have two of the potentially best guards in WCBB for the next three to four years, a very good guard in Muhl and two potentially outstanding big guards for four years in Poffenbarger and Ducharme? When would she start or play a lot of minutes?

Reaction Score
Why should she come to UConn when they have two of the potentially best guards in WCBB for the next three to four years, a very good guard in Muhl and two potentially outstanding big guards for four years in Poffenbarger and Ducharme? When would she start or play a lot of minutes?
All depends on how good she is and if she wants the challenge at UConn. She will most likely play wherever she goes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno will likely start 3 G/W’s next season. Assuming Christyn & Evina head to the W after this season, I believe KiKi would have a great opportunity to start next season over Nika, Caroline & Saylor. She’s that good.

Reaction Score
Assuming Christyn & Evina head to the W after this season, I believe KiKi would have a great opportunity to start next season over Nika, Caroline & Saylor. She’s that good.
So essentially recruit over players? I'm OK not getting every top player if it means members of the team that put in their time and work hard get their opportunity to play more than just the last 4 minutes when we're up 50 on South Central Louisiana State University.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom