Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UCLA also has commitments from

Londynn Jones 5-5 PG 2022
Jada Williams 5-6 PG 2023

Kiki can certainly play the wing or 2 guard at her size.

Reaction Score
Overall, it's good for the sport. There are really 3 teams that are like megastar teams which are almost locks for the final 4 in a normal tournament. Uconn, South Carolina and Stanford. All those teams are freaking loaded with top talent. The 2nd tier has a lot of talent as well and on a hot streak any of that next 5-6 could win, and UCLA is probably now one of those teams. From watching some of these players quite a bit recently sometimes a player "ranked" as a #17 or so could emerge to be the real number one once college begins. There are "finds" out there and we can't just go on the rankings. I'm sure Geno has what he is looking for and there are tons of kids who may even be better players right now but aren't a good fit. I think Kiki would have been a great fit but she seems happy with her choice so all we can do is wish her luck and congratulations!

Reaction Score
What is so surprising about UCLA? Weren't they one of her finalists??
Because nobody expected UCLA to win a recruiting battle against Uconn and Stanford. Maybe one of them but not both. And especially not with that coach.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What this should clearly show to everyone is: all the top D1 Programs should be pounding the USA Basketball proverbial door to get the U19 gig and boost their school's recruiting. So where is Coco on this revelation? I know they are a big fan of Cori Close... :rolleyes:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Pac 12--Conference of Champions!! Keep the talent out West!!

Reaction Score
So academic, NCs, relatives, air quality none of them are in Kiki's #1 priority. I start to like this girl :p .

Reaction Score

With the addition of Rice, UCLA (barring any transfers) will have 15 scholarship players. I can't blame Close for pursuing Rice despite who else is on the roster.

Reaction Score
"I wanna go somewhere where we're gonna be competing for National Championships every year"

You gotta like a young lady that sets high goals for herself. The Pac-12 made out like bandits this recruiting cycle.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As I sit here in Cameron Indoor

FB_IMG_1635375835419.jpg

At least to the last few pages

Reaction Score
as an Easterner, I am surprised that Air Quality is never mentioned? The few times I went to LA on business, the smog was significant. Just saw an article that The Astronauts on the ISS Space Station says the entire state is covered by air pollution (maybe upper atmosphere only?)

Example from EPA. Todays surface level Air Quality Map (fine particulates)

View attachment 70740
I remember about 40 years ago driving through LA in the summertime on the freeway and downtown was only about 2 miles away. You couldn't see it.

Reaction Score
UCLA isn't winning a championship this year or any time soon.
I'm sure everyone thought the same when Lobo picked UConn over Stanford and Laura Harper picked MD over UConn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
"I wanna go somewhere where we're gonna be competing for National Championships every year"

You gotta like a young lady that sets high goals for herself.
Not exactly a unusual goal for an elite recruit, though I've heard some say they want to WIN a National Championship every year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man, now I get why this stung Kara Lawson so much. It's not like she lost her to UConn or Stanford. She lost her DC point guard to "FREAKIN UCLA?!" (Can literally her Kara's voice say that!) :eek:

Reaction Score
Cori "the closer" Close her new name. I always wondered why she left the Ucla visit on her ig out of all the visits.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What is so surprising about UCLA? Weren't they one of her finalists??
So academic, NCs, relatives, air quality none of them are in Kiki's #1 priority. I start to like this girl :p .
Hey, if I had a choice between cold Connecticut, dorky Duke and stuffy Stanford I'd choose the women, weather and scenery of UCLA too. But academics? Championship? That ain't happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom