Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

Reaction Score
This is good for WBB. Need to spread out the talent so more than 2 games a year are actually competitive.

Reaction Score
Stunned it's not Stanford given the academic and need for a PG but happy for Coach Close.

Although the notion that anything different is going to happen this time around than when Close brought in all those top recruits in 2014 (Canada, Drummer, Billings, Caldwell, Hayes, etc), which at best resulted in an Elite Eight birth would be a surprise to me.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, we kept her away from Stanford, if that was the objective.

I don't really get why she would choose UCLA over Stanford, especially given Stanford's need for a point guard.
Someone on The BY once said reading the mind of a teenager is akin to reading tea leaves.

Reaction Score
Close can use her. We'll just have to see how well she uses her.
I mean she did have a nice recruiting class a few years ago, and look how that turned out
Beyonce Eye Roll GIF

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not true. Tea leaves are considerably easier to read than the mind of a teenager……
I was hoping she'd see the light. I guess what she saw were the guys, the weather, and the campus.

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch? Did she say why other than the typical “it felt like home”

Reaction Score
A lot better for us than Stanford and proving once again that we spend far too much time trying to figure out what these kids will do.
Right? LOL!
Well, we kept her away from Stanford, if that was the objective.

I don't really get why she would choose UCLA over Stanford, especially given Stanford's need for a point guard.
Well, after I just read the article-she stated that her speed and transition game is her strength and that she's worked on her outside shooting. To me, that screams of a UCLA player. That's what Jordin Canada was and she thrived there. I think Kiki chose to go to a school that might be the best for her skill set.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was hoping she'd see the light. I guess what she saw were the guys, the weather, and the campus.
as an Easterner, I am surprised that Air Quality is never mentioned? The few times I went to LA on business, the smog was significant. Just saw an article that The Astronauts on the ISS Space Station says the entire state is covered by air pollution (maybe upper atmosphere only?)

Example from EPA. Todays surface level Air Quality Map (fine particulates)

1636064397817.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom