Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They will be another fun team that no one can see on TV.

This year, only 2 UCLA games are on the ESPN family and that is clearly because the games are Stanford and UConn

Reaction Score
Hmm, did not expect this. This makes things interesting for the 2023 class for UCLA. Where many folks think Cunningham and Watkins could end up.

Reaction Score
They will be another fun team that no one can see on TV.

This year, only 2 UCLA games are on the ESPN family and that is clearly because the games are Stanford and UConn

An old Chinese proverb says, "you can't get down the road without taking a few steps....."

OK, it is not exactly an old Chinese proverb - I just said that to give it some street cred, but you know what I'm saying. Maybe one day people will be watching UCLA WBB games on TV because of Kiki.....

Reaction Score
An old Chinese proverb says, "you can't get down the road without taking a few steps....."

OK, it is not exactly an old Chinese proverb - I just said that to give it some street cred, but you know what I'm saying. Maybe one day people will be watching UCLA WBB games on TV because of Kiki.....
Only if the pac 12 network folds

Reaction Score
Well now that’s done with I predict within a couple of hours the majority of people here would forget Kiki and start the fascination on Mikaylah Williams.

Reaction Score
So why Ms. Close unfollowed Kiki's IG last night? If this is true.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I remember about 40 years ago driving through LA in the summertime on the freeway and downtown was only about 2 miles away. You couldn't see it.

That was before the Clean Air Act.

Reaction Score
I’m delighted(albeit amazed) she is going to UCLA and not Stanford. UCLA has a modicum of the same features as Stanford - almost as good weather, an OK campus, and pretty good academics. A new up and coming coach, but not with Tara’s coaching chops reputation yet. Maybe UCLA can beat Stanford a couple of times in the next few years and help Geno catch Tara.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm surprised, but not shocked. Academically, UCLA is now the #1 public university, I believe, and only a little behind Duke.

I don't buy that UCLA will be competing for multiple championships, but Close is accumulating talent. The championship banners at Pauley Pavilion are for the men. ;)

The Pac-12 has 7 of the top 10 recruits in 2022. The other 3 chose UConn and Georgia. UCLA will be competing against the Trees and the Oregon schools. Is the SEC slipping?

This doesn't really affect the balance of power at the top, unless Cori adds a lot in the next 2-3 years.

Congrats to Cori and Kiki!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UCLA has excellent academics
But why go to the west coast and not Stanford? I for one, as well as many here on the BY, thought she was going to Tara and not Geno. Why not Stanford where you can have both academics and a chance for championships?

Reaction Score
Cori Close is my favorite coach outside of Geno. She's classy, well spoken, humble and positivity.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I mean she did have a nice recruiting class a few years ago, and look how that turned out
Beyonce Eye Roll GIF
Yeah she will just be a good player for the next four years on a good team. Nothing more or less.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Her mom is from LA.

All the coaches that I’ve talked to were great and I developed great connections with all of them, but I think, at UCLA, it was my gut feeling and it was the place that I thought would really bring the most out of me,” Rice says.

From when I stepped foot on campus and throughout the whole weekend, I just felt like that could be somewhere where I could have tons of success and be pushed and really enjoy my college experience,” Rice says

Reaction Score
What a get for Close, and congrats to both her and Kiki! The battle in the Pac continues to thicken - it will be interesting to see how Close uses her considering the influx of guards she has coming in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom