Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Tennessee should’ve hired Kara. I tried to tell them. I got no cred I guess. Lol
Just like Louisiana Tech should have hired Kim Mulkey. She was an assistant coach at Tech for 11 years, and the assoc. head coach for 4 years. They tried to "lowball" her during salary negotiations in 2000, forcing her to go to Baylor. She could have done for La-Tech what she did for Baylor. How long will it take her to get LSU to the sweet 16? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just like Louisiana Tech should have hired Kim Mulkey. They tried to "lowball" her during salary negotiations forcing her to go to Baylor.
She could have done for La-Tech what she did for Baylor. How long will it take her to get LSU to the sweet 16? :rolleyes:
I’m thinking not too long.

Reaction Score
I don't know how much more of this I can take. Haven't slept and barely eaten since she made this announcement. Thankfully, it'll all be over tomorrow. But with my luck, I'll finally fall asleep and miss it all. Thank God for the BY to keep me filled in. :D

Reaction Score
Wait, what? Are you suggesting that Cameron Brink's freshman year was "stifled" due to the playing of "waves" of players? As I watched every Stanford game on the PAC12 network last year, I completely disagree. If anything Fran Belibi and Ashten Prectel were stifled due to Brink. Cameron was 4th in minutes per game while Fran and Ashten were 8th/9th respectively. Cameron was only a freshman learning from a master and her minutes will only go up. Not a logical comparison.
I think Cameron warranted more PT. She's a major talent. Look at the numbers in less than 20 minutes per game PT: 2020 21 Stanford Women's Basketball Combined Stats (PDF) - Stanford University Athletics

Reaction Score
I think Cameron warranted more PT. She's a major talent. Look at the numbers in less than 20 minutes per game PT: 2020 21 Stanford Women's Basketball Combined Stats (PDF) - Stanford University Athletics
Most of the time she was pulled for being in foul trouble early on. I think Tara wanted to play her much more but she often got 3 fouls early on and then was limited on playing time after that. Hoping that she cuts down on the fouls this year and gets more minutes bc she has a ton of potential.

Reaction Score
I don't know how much more of this I can take. Haven't slept and barely eaten since she made this announcement. Thankfully, it'll all be over tomorrow. But with my luck, I'll finally fall asleep and miss it all. Thank God for the BY to keep me filled in. :D
It's not the end of the world if Rice does not choose UConn. There's a possibility that Paige and Azzi will be here until Rice's senior year, and my opinion is that the best team in WCBB will be whichever one Paige and Azzi are on.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's not the end of the world if Rice does not choose UConn. There's a possibility that Paige and Azzi will be here until Rice's senior year, and my opinion is that the best team in WCBB will be whichever one Paige and Azzi are on.

Excuse Me What GIF by CBS

:eek: Under what scenario would Azzi and Paige still be around when Rice is a senior?

Reaction Score

:eek: Under what scenario would Azzi and Paige still be around when Rice is a senior?
Love your GIFs. You either create them, or you find them. Either way, you save them and use them. Awesome work.

I don't really care what Rice chooses to do, because what's important is that she chooses what is best for her. But no matter what she chooses, her senior year will not have Paige or Azzi in the mix. She will have had to make her own way and declare herself to be the leader of the UConn team, all by herself or with others from her same class or those who come after her.

For me, I hope and NIL has made this easier and a certain possibility, that Paige sticks around for her 5th year (Covid protocols) and she and Azzi can have a full four years together.

Reaction Score
someone had a little too much to drink today

Reaction Score

Rice is class of '22. Paige gets a free year, so effectively Paige and Azzi are class of '21, or one year difference from Rice. Paige and Azzi could still be playing until Rice's senior season.

Reaction Score
Rice is class of '22. Paige gets a free year, so effectively Paige and Azzi are class of '21, or one year difference from Rice. Paige and Azzi could still be playing until Rice's senior season.
you do realize that when Kiki starts as a freshman, Paige will be a jr right?

Reaction Score
You do realize that the college class of '22 graduates next year, right? Her "class of '22" would be her high school class. Her college class would be '26. Paige and Azzi's max class year would be '25.

Reaction Score
Most of the time she was pulled for being in foul trouble early on. I think Tara wanted to play her much more but she often got 3 fouls early on and then was limited on playing time after that. Hoping that she cuts down on the fouls this year and gets more minutes bc she has a ton of potential.
If Stanford is playing UConn, I hope she has 3 fouls in the 1st quarter.

Reaction Score
I would love for Rice to come to UCONN, but if she doesn’t it leaves room for a good/great guard in class of 23. No biggie either way…we have PaiAzzi!!!!!!!!!
Paiazzi. I like the sound of that. I can almost hear Don Corleone saying it. "Paiaaaaazzi."

Reaction Score
She had 35 more blocks than Nelson-Ododa in 8 minutes per game less PT. Her overall numbers are terrific. Any other team and she would be playing more. Including Uconn for sure. I see that she got in foul trouble a lot but with the numbers she was putting up let her foul out every game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You do realize that the college class of '22 graduates next year, right? Her "class of '22" would be her high school class. Her college class would be '26. Paige and Azzi's max class year would be '25.
Yeah she graduates next year so if she were to choose UConn, she would be in Storrs 7 months from now to start her freshman season. Won't Paige and Azzi still have 3 seasons eligibility remaining at that point meaning all three, Paige+Azzi+Rice could play together for 3 seasons, or until Rice's senior year (assuming no one leaves early)?

Reaction Score
Huh? It's not like she had the option of going to the WNBA after her Fr. season. This ain't like men's hoops.
If she is not going to get drafted at a high level she is more likely to stay. If her numbers are squashed she will not look as good as a draft pick. Total speculation on my part but it took me 10 minutes of watching her play to assess she needs to play more and looking at her year end numbers I think I was right. She can even shoot the 3 and she rebounds well. She put up comparable numbers to Nelson-Ododa and she was a freshman playing 8 minutes a game less.

Reaction Score
Yeah she graduates next year so if she were to choose UConn, she would be in Storrs 7 months from now to start her freshman season. Won't Paige and Azzi still have 3 seasons eligibility remaining at that point meaning all three, Paige+Azzi+Rice could play together for 3 seasons, or until Rice's senior year (assuming no one leaves early)?
I see no reason why Paige would stay past next year. She probably is one of the top 2 or 3 picks after her junior year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom