Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kiki decides on Nov 4th 2021

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
At Uconn the TEAM is the star and every player knows it. Look at the cred players get even being the 3rd or 4th players off the bench. As far as Stanford being a machine I meant Tara throws waves of players at you. She plays everyone and it may even stifle some players. Cameron Brink as an example. One would think she would get more PT in almost any other program.
I understand what you are trying to say which is consistent with your handle of TeamFirst.
There is plenty of room for Kiki and many other player to become stars at UCONN. Paige was certainly a star last year but calling that team "stars" is kind of hollow IMO. Think of it this way: There are 25 former players on the Wall of Honor and only 5 Teams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Four letters in UConn as well. I think.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaction Score
Talking about stars, does anyone know if the star on the back of their uniforms means anything? BTW, can someone call Geno and let us know KiKis' decision? I can't wait until tomorrow night.
I called, couldn’t give my true name because I have no cred. I instead said “Hey G, it’s me Jumper. He hung up! Damn it! “I have a FEELING” we’ll have to wait until tomorrow.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
If it is Duke, from the roster standpoint, an interesting choice for Kiki. Day-Wilson is a freshman point guard. Ash Jackson, a point guard from Texas is in the 2022 class. If Kiki considers herself a point, the position is crowded at her supposed school choice. Maybe as crowded as UConn's. Even though she would be the only guard in UConn's 2022 class.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait a minute. With the talent UConn has been accumulating, either they are going to have to play wave after wave of players...or some of those really talented players are going to be planted on the bench. Can't have it both ways here.
Not necessarily. UConn has been very successful playing starters about 25 minutes. That creates “more minutes” for the rest of the team to get on the floor.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If it is Duke, from the roster standpoint, an interesting choice for Kiki. Day-Wilson is a freshman point guard. Ash Jackson, a point guard from Texas is in the 2022 class. If Kiki considers herself a point, the position is crowded at her supposed school choice. Maybe as crowded as UConn's. Even though she would be the only guard in UConn's 2022 class.
Ashlon Jackson and Kiki Rice would give Kara a formidable backcourt going forward. Each could play SG or PG. & they both defend at a very high level.

Reaction Score
Social media indicators suggest Duke.
What indicators are suggesting Duke? Not saying they aren’t, I’m just reading it differently. Most the comments that are coming from her club say Stanford. I have no idea where she’s going…just asking what you think is indicating Duke, as I’m reading to differently. Maybe the moral is that social media isn’t really all telling ‍♂️

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Ashlon Jackson and Kiki Rice would give Kara a formidable backcourt going forward. Each could play SG or PG. & they both defend at a very high level.
Agree. I think Rice can play either spot. Day-Wilson was, I think a former relatively high ranked recruit that originally signed with Syracuse. Rice is going to play a bunch wherever she goes, I am just saying the guard cupboard is not bare at Duke.

Reaction Score
If Duke is to get her they’re going to be really really good next season with what they have coming in

Reaction Score
If Duke is to get her they’re going to be really really good next season with what they have coming in
I’ve had her going to Duke, especially as they got the last visit. Duke will be good, but they are missing a true post to keep up with Stanford, UConn and SC

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What will also be really really crazy if Duke get Kiki is their entire 22 class will be full of players that wanted to go to UCONN-UNTIL Kara showed up!
Ashlon Jackson really wanted to go to UCONN
Shay Bollin visited UCONN as a sophomore (Freshman? )
I don't think Duke is even an option for Kiki if not for Kara.

Reaction Score
What will also be really really crazy if Duke get Kiki is their entire 22 class will be full of players that wanted to go to UCONN-UNTIL Kara showed up!
Tennessee should’ve hired Kara. I tried to tell them. I got no cred I guess. Lol

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
To those of yall who follow these youngsters social media.. Does anyone know what kind of mayo this young lady uses? I'm looking for a sign.
As long as it's your mayo I'm sure you'll love it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What indicators are suggesting Duke? Not saying they aren’t, I’m just reading it differently. Most the comments that are coming from her club say Stanford. I have no idea where she’s going…just asking what you think is indicating Duke, as I’m reading to differently. Maybe the moral is that social media isn’t really all telling ‍♂️

She's started following Duke players in the last day or so and, apparently, has been passing along anecdotes about Duke players recruiting her.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
At Uconn the TEAM is the star and every player knows it. Look at the cred players get even being the 3rd or 4th players off the bench. As far as Stanford being a machine I meant Tara throws waves of players at you. She plays everyone and it may even stifle some players. Cameron Brink as an example. One would think she would get more PT in almost any other program.
Wait, what? Are you suggesting that Cameron Brink's freshman year was "stifled" due to the playing of "waves" of players? As I watched every Stanford game on the PAC12 network last year, I completely disagree. If anything Fran Belibi and Ashten Prectel were stifled due to Brink. Cameron was 4th in minutes per game while Fran and Ashten were 8th/9th respectively. Cameron was only a freshman learning from a master and her minutes will only go up. Not a logical comparison.

Reaction Score

I hope for theses kids sake, Kara can coach. Not much to show she can and the 3x3 isn't one. I am one that hopes she can!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. UConn has been very successful playing starters about 25 minutes. That creates “more minutes” for the rest of the team to get on the floor.
When was that? In recent years plenty of starters have been more like 30-35 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom