Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 802 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Or in other words, the objections of 1 or even a few members wasn't enough to keep teams out the others wanted. Lol at national pressure.
Eh, I think the ACC knew they were potentially going to lose up to 3 schools and their contract with ESPN states that they are required to have 15 schools. Even if they lose 4 or 5 schools (FSU, UNC, ND, UVA and/or Miami), it would be much easier to fill 2 instead of 5.

Reaction Score
A couple of reasons. First, better matchups = better ratings as getting the most marketable programs into the same conference will increase ratings. FSU games in the SEC will have better ratings than in the ACC. Next, we know how ESPN works. Say they move 4 ACC schools to their other property, the SEC. Pay them 3x more, get better ratings, don't renew the ACC contract after 2027, and save money as now they are paying 4 teams less than the 18 programs in the ACC.

No. Absolutely not. You don’t raise $70M in value over matchups. That’s soooo fuzzy.

The answer is nobody is going pay $70M more for a school that is valued at $30M a year now.

The media money is drying up as it is. They didn’t even give Oregon and Washington full shares.

And nobody is touching FSU with a ten foot pole until they are clean of all of their legal woes.

Reaction Score
Imagine when they play Bama, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee…… every week. They will be crying we can’t compete. What happened to Wake and Cuse?
Go back and look at FSU's schedules before joining the ACC. They used to play ~3 SEC schools per year plus some other marquee games. Look at 1990, FSU played Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, Florida plus Miami. FSU does not perceive the ACC schools as their football peers, but think the SEC schools are. FSU's recruits against the SEC schools, with the exception of Miami.

Reaction Score
Go back and look at FSU's schedules before joining the ACC. They used to play ~3 SEC schools per year plus some other marquee games. Look at 1990, FSU played Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, Florida plus Miami. FSU does not perceive the ACC schools as their football peers, but think the SEC schools are. FSU's recruits against the SEC schools, with the exception of Miami.
There is a difference between 2-3 marquee games and a full schedule

Reaction Score

Yeah go back and look at schedules from 35 years ago. Because that’s still relevant.

Reaction Score
That advances the conversation.
I didn’t think I needed to restate what has been discussed dozens of times.

Most ACC schools preferred UConn, but only slightly.
Four schools — BC , Syracuse, FSU, Clemson — were adamant that it had to be Louisville.
Since the other schools weren’t strongly tied to UConn, they were fine with taking Louisville to appease the others.

Reaction Score
I didn’t think I needed to restate what has been discussed dozens of times.

Most ACC schools preferred UConn, but only slightly.
Four schools — BC , Syracuse, FSU, Clemson — were adamant that it had to be Louisville.
Since the other schools weren’t strongly tied to UConn, they were fine with taking Louisville to appease the others.

But they didn’t even sniff in our direction this summer.

Reaction Score
Yeah go back and look at schedules from 35 years ago. Because that’s still relevant.
It shows who FSU would like to play. Before they joined the ACC, they really didn't play any teams in the ACC at the time, maybe 1 per year. (They played Miami but they weren't in the ACC at the time.) They have been playing ACC football for over 30 years and they have played UNC and Virginia 21 and 18 times respectively about as many times as SEC schools Auburn and South Carolina. Just like if you looked at Pitt's past schedules and it shows they would like to play West Virginia and Penn St. every year.

Reaction Score
According to Greg Swaim of Greg Swaim Sports, Clemson and Florida State could soon announce their departures from the ACC to join either the SEC or the Big Ten; with North Carolina, Virginia, and Miami possibly joining them, and the Big 12 having their eyes on Louisville, NC State, Virginia Tech, and Pitt.

Says announcement could come before the end of 2023.

Reaction Score
According to Greg Swaim of Greg Swaim Sports, Clemson and Florida State could soon announce their departures from the ACC to join either the SEC or the Big Ten; with North Carolina, Virginia, and Miami possibly joining them, and the Big 12 having their eyes on Louisville, NC State, Virginia Tech, and Pitt.

This is non non non key

Reaction Score
I might be remembering wrong but didn't Washington and Oregon outdraw FSU in ratings this past year? And aren't they getting half a B1G share cause Fox et al didn't want or have the money to pay them a full share?

Reaction Score

According to vowelguy of vowelguysports.
Florida st might announce they are leaving in 2023.

Florida st might announce they are leaving in 2024.

Florida st might announce they are leaving in 2025.

Florida st might not announce they are leaving in 2023-25.

I guarantee that not a single one of my predictions will be wrong, and one will be very right.

Reaction Score
I might be remembering wrong but didn't Washington and Oregon outdraw FSU in ratings this past year? And aren't they getting half a B1G share cause Fox et al didn't want or have the money to pay them a full share?

Reaction Score
Florida st might announce they are leaving in 2023.

Florida st might announce they are leaving in 2024.

Florida st might announce they are leaving in 2025.

Florida st might not announce they are leaving in 2023-25.

I guarantee that not a single one of my predictions will be wrong, and one will be very right.
You have more credibility as Swaim, for sure

Reaction Score

BarkingDog: Thanks for info. Even if half or three quarters of these teams leave, UConn may get a spot in the ACC. Also, state government in Virginia has ensured that Virginia Tech has a decent conference so UVA may not leave if there is no landing spot for Va. Tech.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="LoyalFanCT, post: 4829299, member: “]Also, state government in Virginia has ensured that Virginia Tech has a decent conference so UVA may not leave if there is no landing spot for Va. Tech.
[/QUOTE]

Omg no. That is not what happened at all. And I assure you that UVA will do what’s best for UVA.

Reaction Score
https://cardinalnews.org/2023/07/24/attorney-general-miyares-warns-that-virginia-tech-and-uva-should-not-do-anything-to-hurt-the-other-in-conference-realignment/[/URL]

Mark Warner got Virginia Tech into the ACC. Will it stay there? Syracuse's Daily Orange quoted Syracuse’s athletic director saying that UVA President John Casteen (UConn's former president) even threatened to pull Virginia out of the ACC if Virginia Tech wasn’t included.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom