Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 645 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
This is what I'm having trouble understanding. Why is Yormark the commissioner when he has a completely different vision for the conference? It makes zero sense to me.

Yet Again: you have no idea what his vision is.

Reaction Score
Nothing. That's why Anthony says it's a stigma that we cannot shake. People do not want to touch us with a 10 foot pole because of the garbage product we've put on the field for the last 10 years.
But they didn't want us when our football was decent and we sold out our games. And they are taking teams now that have recently been terrible in football.

I think a lot of times politics is a factor in this stuff at the end, Most of these are state institutions after all. We have one Senator who was the face of a lawsuit against our former/hopefully future conference mates. And now we have another who openly said they didn't want to leave the Big East and actually compared the athletic deficit to that of the biology dept.

What is needed is a commitment from all of Connecticut fans/leaders/political figures for the same thing. There are those UConn fans that think we should stay small - the can't win at football crowd, need to keep our historic rivalries with Seton Hall and Providence and keep playing at MSG at all costs. And then there are those that want a national athletic program and will do anything to make that happen. It seems the UConn administration has been emphasizing the latter lately. But, everyone else in the UConn ecosystem isn't on board. And seems to continue to "think small".

If this is true and we are out, it would have only taken four votes to reject Utah. You mean UCF, Cinn, Kansas, and WV could not have been convinced to vote no somehow? Why are more western schools any good for them?

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
This is what I'm having trouble understanding. Why is Yormark the commissioner when he has a completely different vision for the conference? It makes zero sense to me.
The guy stepped in and saved their league, and they’re on the verge of crapping all over his vision anyway because they think they know better.

It’ll be interesting to see how long he stays.

Reaction Score
mia farrow dark GIF
WTF??!!!!
We’re not even 17 or 18 now!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't think he's been saying that over the past few weeks has he?
No he hasn’t. In fact he categorically said Utah was out. So either the tweet is wrong and U of A is coming along with ASU or the B12 got ticked at ASU and told them it’s Utah instead. My belief is the tweet is wrong.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? It's been reported on numerous times and he's on the record saying he wants a northeast presence

Newsflash: People bluff.

“on the record” means jack. It’s not like he’s guilty of perjury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom