Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 532 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
He "quit on the players?" Is that even possible after the season was over?
He pulled that cr@p with Todman about how he needed to be a man and needed to address his teammates on why he was leaving them. At the same time the snake already knew he was going to Maryland and didn't even fly back with his players and address them on why he was leaving them.

He had every right to take another job but he's a world class hypocrite and a coward.

Reaction Score
It would not surprise me if the B12 went to 20 teams by adding UW, O, Stanford, Cal, A, ASU, Utah. That gives them protection against getting poached by the B1G and the SEC in 6-7 years. It also gives them the PAC 12 network. Yormark sees strength in numbers.

The ACC could also offer UW, O, Stanford, Cal & ASU or SMU. These additions might get ND to join in football. They play 5 ACC games plus Stanford every year already.

Our strategy should be to make the ACC worry that the B12 is about to invite us and get them to make a preemptive invite to us instead of an ASU or an SMU. In 6-7 years for the B12 or for the ACC in 10-12 years, either conference can get poached if they don’t get better media deals.
That is a stupid take. 20 makes it easier and if those bigger schools want to leave they will leave.

Reaction Score
Thanks. So basically, UConn will say yes to a $40M annual raise. Shocker lol.

I did love the bit about a UConn coach privately crapping on Chris Murphy’s take. That’s awesome.
Let's be clear. Calling for UConn to turn down a Big12 invite is calling for football to be shut down or relegated. And it's also hurting the long term viability of all other sports that wish to compete for championships. It's just financial reality. You gotta pay for stuff.

Reactions: DGB
Reaction Score
It would not surprise me if the B12 went to 20 teams by adding UW, O, Stanford, Cal, A, ASU, Utah. That gives them protection against getting poached by the B1G and the SEC in 6-7 years. It also gives them the PAC 12 network. Yormark sees strength in numbers.

The ACC could also offer UW, O, Stanford, Cal & ASU or SMU. These additions might get ND to join in football. They play 5 ACC games plus Stanford every year already.

Our strategy should be to make the ACC worry that the B12 is about to invite us and get them to make a preemptive invite to us instead of an ASU or an SMU. In 6-7 years for the B12 or for the ACC in 10-12 years, either conference can get poached if they don’t get better media deals.
Why would the Big 12 take all these teams that aren't worth anything? I mean surely the Pac 12 would have compromised and said you know what we'll just play our games a couple hours early to get more exposure if that's what the TV guys want to save the conference.

Reaction Score
He pulled that cr@p with Todman about how he needed to be a man and needed to address his teammates on why he was leaving them. At the same time the snake already knew he was going to Maryland and didn't even fly back with his players and address them on why he was leaving them.

He had every right to take another job but he's a world class hypocrite and a coward.
You didn't say he was a hypocrite and a coward, and I didn't disagree with those statements. You said he quit on his team. I am pointing out that it is simply wrong to claim a coach can quit on his team after a season is over. He doesn't have a team to quit on at that point until it gathers for the next season, and either players or coaches are free to leave before the next season starts.

I get it, we hate Edsall so we're allowed to attack him however we want, but saying a coach quit on players after a season ends is just silly.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Sure, but until about two weeks ago everyone was expecting to have the Pac's deal announced by its media day.

Is it possible? Sure. But as I said, if that's actually what happened BY is not the superman everyone here is saying he is.
Yes, and this is one set of circumstances (nearly August and no PAC media deal) that plausibly nobody foresaw, leading to a number of things needing to be discussed/determined before the next move. Adding to this equation is that evidently, as there is no media deal, a P-12 school can leave after the upcoming academic/athletic year (as Colorado did) and have no departure fees or penalties.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hurley ended the UConn practice today by grabbing the microphone and thanking the fans before finishing with some like “and no I don’t know if we are joining the Big 12 or not” :D
Sly minx Hurley is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I get it, we hate Edsall so we're allowed to attack him however we want, but saying a coach quit on players after a season ends is just silly.
Coaches aren't just hired seasonally. He just bailed on the team and went to Maryland instead of coming back and explaining his decision. Characterizing that as "quitting on the team" probably isn't all that unfair.

For what it's worth I'm not one of those people who think that Randi was brought back to scuttle the team. I think he genuinely regretted the way he left and his legacy. I think coaching for Connecticut was probably the highlight of his career. Unfortunately, in his comeback he undisputably quit on the team by announcing his resignation early on in the season.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Honestly this entire section of the BY should be shut down. We’ve talked ourselves into a wild scenario that’s clearly never going to happen. I give our football team 3-5 more years before they kill it.
Thank you for your interest in UConn athletics and conference realignment. You can see yourself out and never come back.

Reaction Score
Coaches aren't just hired seasonally. He just bailed on the team and went to Maryland instead of coming back and explaining his decision. Characterizing that as "quitting on the team" probably isn't all that unfair.

For what it's worth I'm not one of those people who think that Randi was brought back to scuttle the team. I think he genuinely regretted the way he left and his legacy. I think coaching for Connecticut was probably the highlight of his career. Unfortunately, in his comeback he undisputably quit on the team by announcing his resignation early on in the season.
Should have focused on an offensive game plan instead of negotiating a contract with Maryland. He was a penis personified.

Reaction Score
You didn't say he was a hypocrite and a coward, and I didn't disagree with those statements. You said he quit on his team. I am pointing out that it is simply wrong to claim a coach can quit on his team after a season is over. He doesn't have a team to quit on at that point until it gathers for the next season, and either players or coaches are free to leave before the next season starts.

Yes, he quit on his team. He wouldn't even fly with them or see them face to face.

This isn't difficult.

Reaction Score

Yes, treating Todman that way appalled me after seeing what he then did. That was classless.

Reaction Score
Yes, he quit on his team. He wouldn't even fly with them or see them face to face.

This isn't difficult.
Sigh. We've been through this so many times ovewr the last 13 years. Fact -- quitting on your team would have been bailing out before the Fiesta Bowl, as a clear majority of coaches bailing out do. He stayed. The fact that he gets more criticism for leaving immediately AFTER the bowl game than coaches get for leaving their teams in the lurch before the bowl game is totally irrational.

Was he a jerk for handling the Todman situation the way he did? That's perfectly rational. But I'm not getting dragged into this again. I've said my piece. People can disagree, attack or whatever.

Reaction Score
Sigh. We've been through this so many times ovewr the last 13 years. Fact -- quitting on your team would have been bailing out before the Fiesta Bowl, as a clear majority of coaches bailing out do. He stayed. The fact that he gets more criticism for leaving immediately AFTER the bowl game than coaches get for leaving their teams in the lurch before the bowl game is totally irrational.

Was he a jerk for handling the Todman situation the way he did? That's perfectly rational. But I'm not getting dragged into this again. I've said my piece. People can disagree, attack or whatever.
We disagree. My opinion is he quit on them, yours is he didn't quit on them.

Reaction Score
I mean I don’t know. Handled poorly with the Irish good bye but stuck around to coach the game. Why? For the team? Because he may never get a chance to coach a BCS game? Most coaches are gone as soon as they have another job. It was a chance to advance his career and he was UConn a long time. As a person he is a narcissist but many coaches are.

Reaction Score
Yeah. And I’ll bet they even planted that mole GoKU to keep us distracted.
Dude, it’s pretty obvious we are the fifth option and we were used to prompt Colorado with appearance of an at minimum 2 team expansion, and then use Colorado to pull another PAC team into slot 2, and then see if dominos fall for slots 3 and 4.

The problem is we have zero leverage. There is no competition for us. If we were good business people we would be backchanneling other conferences to let the B12 know we have options and aren’t get left holding the bag.

This is a big boy game that requires calculated risk taking. We are getting

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom