Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 646 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Where is @GoKU? Should be banned from here for all eternity.
Why? The twitter announcement could be incorrect. It will be over shortly so let it play out before we condemn anyone.

Reaction Score
The guy stepped in and saved their league, and they’re on the verge of crapping all over his vision anyway because they think they know better.

It’ll be interesting to see how long he stays.
This. The presidents/chancellors screwed Yormark. Unless we go to 18 with SDSU, he's not getting that "big NY moment". Utah and ASU agreed to 25 million for first 2 years. I apologize to you all. My information ended up being wrong.

Reaction Score
No he hasn’t. In fact he categorically said Utah was out. So either the tweet is wrong and U of A is coming along with ASU or the B12 got ticked at ASU and told them it’s Utah instead. My belief is the tweet is wrong.
But aren't all the "4 corner" schools going to the Big12 what's been reported the last few weeks?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not sure what Stanford and Cal bring to the B1G at this point. I think the B1G is now done until the ACC implodes. B1G eventually gets to 24 with :

-Notre Dame
-UNC
-Virginia
-Georgia Tech
-Florida State
-Miami
On the school's that you mentioned:

-Notre Dame - The B1G absolutely wants them. ND will hold out joining until they feel they can no longer be an independent in football.
-UNC - The B1G wants them. It may be a battle with the SEC
-Virginia - See UNC
-Georgia Tech - The B1G may be able to justify this addition due to Atlanta. I doubt they would add them until well after the above schools
-Florida State - The B1G may be able to justify this addition due to Florida. Similar situation with Georgia Tech
-Miami - See Florida St. Not sure the B1G needs two Florida Schools

Of additional importance with Georgia Tech, Florida St and Miami, I'm not sure the B1G would accept secondary schools in a state/market that they don't have the primary properties.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Time to update the thread title: It's all gone to hell again?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This. The presidents/chancellors screwed Yormark. Unless we go to 18 with SDSU, he's not getting that "big NY moment". Utah and ASU agreed to 25 million for first 2 years. I apologize to you all. My information ended up being wrong.
Wow. That’s incredible. Screwed again. Don’t hold you accountable. Thanks for everything you presented.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
But aren't all the "4 corner" schools going to the Big12 what's been reported the last few weeks?
GoKU has confirmed we’re out.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
You’re about to get pounded by others here, but I appreciate your coming back and owning it.

I speculated a couple pages up that maybe the Big 12 would negotiate a lower share from the new Pac refugees. Probably could’ve had UConn for even cheaper and gotten more in return.

GG

Reaction Score
Thank you.

Reaction Score
It's ultimately not your fault. You're dealing with a fundamental universal constant that cannot be altered in any timeline: Rule #1 of conference realignment. It can't benefit UConn. I'm pretty sure if we did get into a "power conference," the world would end the following day.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Appreciate the info. Obviously the entire landscape pretty much shifted the last couple days. Oh well.

GG

Reaction Score
Read that West Virginia really wanted more of an East Coast presents and they were concerned travel costs. His mom is very interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom