Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 621 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Honestly, if it's the Big 12 just adding Colorado and us...that's kinda not great. I would've MUCH preferred going along with Arizona to continue to bolster the league as the best basketball conference in the country. Because none of the 5 schools (CU, UA, ASU, UConn, and Utah) move the needle in football except for Utah kind of. So A Big 12 with Colorado and UConn isn't much better than mid-2000s Big East football.
Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the Pac 12 holds together, it will be because the Apple deal is a solid deal, and there is room for improvement in it.

Reaction Score
I’m not interested in rubbing people’s faces over this. It bothers me too much watching firsthand fear make otherwise rational and intelligent individuals react so irrationally. Even if employed as a coping mechanism it’s counterproductive at best and dangerous at worst.
Yah maybe, but the shade thrown on GoKU was unacceptable regardless of what happens.

Reaction Score
Not only Oregon, but for now, it makes sense for the pac 9 to show solidarity. We are years away from massive disruption and the west coast schools have more to gain waiting this out than jumping ship in panic.
Why those bozos didn't grab SDSU immediately is beyond me.

Reaction Score
The change was Washington and Oregon and the B1G being willing to take them on the cheap. If those two had no landing spot other than PAC (and Big XII), they stay in the PAC. If they did, so would Utah, ASU and probably Arizona. The B1G screwed us here. Without Washington and Oregon, that Apple deal is more like $12m a school. It forced the hand of schools that didn't want to move.
You may be right about the Big Ten being spoilers here, even if nothing has been decided about Washington and Oregon yet. But is anybody here surprised about the events? Once Colorado left the PAC, it was no surprise that others may follow. And that Washington and Oregon, who was on the Big Ten’s radar since last year, might be offered an invite sooner than the Bug Ten may have preferred. And that Utah might change their mind about staying on a sinking ship. All of the above, if they happen, was well within the realm of possibility. It would be a cop out for an insider who claimed to be certain to say, “well, this wasn’t anticipated, blah, blah, blah.” I realize I am being pedantic about this, so I will no longer continue on this point.

As for Utah, like others, I have to ask why are they any more deserving of a life raft. My understanding is that sometimes schools end up being on the outside when realignment occurs.

Reaction Score
Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
I mean, are you denying that adding Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, and UConn is not better than adding just UConn and Colorado?

Colorado is objectively bad in major sports. Adding Arizona would give the league another marquee basketball program and ASU at least has a pulse in football plus the Hurley matchup.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if it's the Big 12 just adding Colorado and us...that's kinda not great. I would've MUCH preferred going along with Arizona to continue to bolster the league as the best basketball conference in the country. Because none of the 5 schools (CU, UA, ASU, UConn, and Utah) move the needle in football except for Utah kind of. So A Big 12 with Colorado and UConn isn't much better than mid-2000s Big East football.
It may not have be the absolutely ideal scenario but it’s a hell of a lot better than where we are currently. And as many have pointed out, having UConn probably positions the B12 much better to raid the ACC when they collapse for some more east coast presence.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It may not have be the absolutely ideal scenario but it’s a hell of a lot better than where we are currently. And as many have pointed out, having UConn probably positions the B12 much better to raid the ACC when they collapse for some more east coast presence.
Yes

Reaction Score
I looks like BY is using UConn’s potential invite to Big12 as a way to stick a foot in the door the the NE/E coast to get the ACC schools he wants in the next round of realignment. He’s playing the long game to make the proposals easier in a few years. He did say he has a plan for future of Big12 and that makes the most sense.

Reaction Score
B12 about to get UConn’d in conference realignment both metaphorically and literally?
No, nothing like it. They're fine until the next major shakeup, and they will survive that because their properties aren't that valuable.

Plus, I really don't get why everyone rushed to bad rumors last night and are now rushing to good rumors. When stuff actually happens, we will all know. Why people are so confident they know something because anonymous folks with anonymous sources post something is beyond me.

And yes, it's like I don't know us at all any more, I know.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean, are you denying that adding Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, and UConn is not better than adding just UConn and Colorado?

Colorado is objectively bad in major sports. Adding Arizona would give the league another marquee basketball program and ASU at least has a pulse in football plus the Hurley matchup.
WHO CARES?!?!?! GET IT DONE AD DAVE!!!!!!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It's only worse because they wanted the AZ schools and wouldn't have gotten them. For scheduling, 14 is much better. Colorado is a big get. Basketball is recruiting very well, football is Primed to improve quickly, and they are in a big, fast growing market.

Reaction Score
In the end, FOX did the math and realized it is not worth it to pay Oregon and Washington $200M to get into the B1G when the entire PAC contract is worth a little more than that.

Apple probably realised they are getting a great deal if they can keep the PAC together.

In the end, if is about the money. Also, don't underestimate PAC's academic elitism attitude as well.

If PAC is smart, they ads Boise ST, SDSU, and SMU asap. I doubt they will add Boise due to academics though but they should.

Reaction Score
Yeah,

And if offered I'll enter a marriage in a sister wives situation with Kate Beckensale, Elizabeth Hurley, Jennifer Anniston and Halle Berry.
You sure you could satisfy four? I think two would max me out sufficiently.

Reaction Score
If the Pac 12 holds together, it will be because the Apple deal is a solid deal, and there is room for improvement in it.
Or, the Big 10 was not going to offer a full share to Oregon and Washington and the travel costs would be a killer. Arizona was only looking at the Big 12 if the Pac dissolved. Same with Utah.

Remember, conference realignment is not over and stability is basically media contract to media contract. In 10 years, who knows what the conferences will look like.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm thinking Apple upped their offer.
It's very possible. They also may have made some of the additional revenues easier to reach.

If Apple is doing this, I would not be surprised if it is in part due to the benefits that company received decades ago from the Palo Alto Research Center (it basically provided the technology Apple used in its first iteration).

Reaction Score
WOW, if true, one large side benefit will be preserving the stupid comments that the unfaithful have posted recently, and bringing them to light for all eternity. A few posts from a large fish instantly come to mind.
The reaction by the large fish was in real time and still holds true if those factors remained. This is fluid and the large fish may have been premature but definitely not inaccurate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom