Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 512 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Can anyone give a logical explanation for why we’ve heard absolutely nothing about UConn today? Wasn’t the whole logic here that the Big XII would add the two together? Maybe I’m missing something but this seems like a terrible day for us.

Reaction Score
Yo
It obviously depends on how reduced it is. If it's $28mm vs $32mm then whatever. If it's $16mm vs $32mm then that's a different conversation.
u know what’s 4 times better than 4? 16.

Reaction Score

Him saying it's "14 or 16" is like being in an Elite 8 alongside Gonzaga, Texas, Florida Atlantic, Kansas State, San Diego State, Miami, and Creighton. It's not quite inevitable, but things look

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Reaction Score
Can anyone give a logical explanation for why we’ve heard absolutely nothing about UConn today? Wasn’t the whole logic here that the Big XII would add the two together? Maybe I’m missing something but this seems like a terrible day for us.
That was never the logic for anyone but Twitter know it alls.

If UConn were making statements today after the Colorado news, it would be the clearest possible indication we were 100% not making a move to the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Those schools were just added to bring those fans into conversation. Memphis/UNLV/SDSU...those schools aren't going to the B12.
Actually I think it is a deliberate leak by Yormak intending to further destabilize the PAC. Makes it less likely that the G5 schools will want to rescue the PAC.

Reaction Score
I’d really like to think that while the media pundits, bloggers, and folks like us make it sound like this process changes on a dime from minute to minute, there is actually a more purposeful and determined path behind the scenes.

It’s UConn, nope Gonzaga, nope, Oregon State. Now it’s ARizona. Does it really change that fast?
I’m hopeful that the path is set and that the underlying Colorado, then UConn theory holds.
I agree. The information circulating in the media might be changing from minute to minute, and the timing of moves is probably somewhat unpredictable, but huge decisions like adding a member to your conference aren’t just made at the last minute. I understand why nobody here wants to get their hopes up. Still, if the most plausible rumors were always Colorado and UConn as the two Big 12 additions, then I believe this move is solid news for us.

Reaction Score
As far as I am aware, there was a reason for every single time a fee was withheld. It wasn't just randomly "we don't feel like paying you everything." For what it's worth, it's been stated publicly that Colorado is getting a full share.

Now, I could see a situation where football joins in 2024 but basketball doesn't join until say 2026. Under that circumstance Connecticut would get less than a full share. Given the relative value of football and basketball in media contracts, it should not be a big number though.

I guess we'll see:
About the Colorado full share, it could simply be someone repeating what everyone already knows. The networks have guaranteed pro rata to any P5 invite, so in that sense, the conference automatically receives $32m with Colorado's addition.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati budgeted $26,000,000 from the conference next year .
That probably includes football playoff revenue , but I doubt they get a share of Basketball revenue .
If I’m correct they are probably getting 2/3 of the current payout
They budgeted about $6+ million this last year .
It's half for the 1st yr. I know that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
About the Colorado full share, it could simply be someone repeating what everyone already knows. The networks have guaranteed pro rata to any P5 invite, so in that sense, the conference automatically receives $32m with Colorado's addition.
Right, but that's the same deal for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
So if not this week, I think half time at the NCST game would be ideal. Honor the MBB Team followed by Brett Yormark and AD David Benedict at the mic. Does that work for an announcement?

Reaction Score

Yormark: "We also aren't just a football conference. On the basketball front, we've got to bring the product to all the right places, and New York is the place for it. I want us to have a big moment in New York".

If Yormark doesn't add UConn, he will never be satisfied.

Reaction Score
As he should be, he'd be losing his largest fanbase audience if we left.
He was dismissive though. Saying it made no sense and being disparaging of the school's FB aspirations. Came off like a penis to be honest.

Reaction Score
He was dismissive though. Saying it made no sense and being disparaging of the school's FB aspirations. Came off like a penis to be honest.
He loves the Big East and it's his life/job. It would be weird if it wasn't upsetting to him.

Reaction Score
Who cares. UConn in the Big 12, in all honesty, doesn't make a lot of sense. Doesn't mean it can't and won't happen, but it's absolutely not a move that "makes sense." Get off your high horse.

Reaction Score
People don’t like change and don’t have a vision it easier to not take risks and keep people in a box

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom