Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 622 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You sure you could satisfy four? I think two would max me out sufficiently.
Hell, I'd settle for a couple hours with any one of the four. I'm not sure any of them would be all that happy about it.

Reaction Score
I’m not interested in rubbing people’s faces over this. It bothers me too much watching firsthand fear make otherwise rational and intelligent individuals react so irrationally. Even if employed as a coping mechanism it’s counterproductive at best and dangerous at worst.

Unfortunately, this is true for parts of our nation far more important than conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if it's the Big 12 just adding Colorado and us...that's kinda not great. I would've MUCH preferred going along with Arizona to continue to bolster the league as the best basketball conference in the country. Because none of the 5 schools (CU, UA, ASU, UConn, and Utah) move the needle in football except for Utah kind of. So A Big 12 with Colorado and UConn isn't much better than mid-2000s Big East football.

So you're the guy who would be in bed with Jennifer Aniston wondering if you could do better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this is true for parts of our nation far more important than conference realignment.
So true. The nation really suffers from the current state of elitist sanctimony. It seems to creep in everywhere, even athletics.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
It's very possible. They also may have made some of the additional revenues easier to reach.

If Apple is doing this, I would not be surprised if it is in part due to the benefits that company received decades ago from the Palo Alto Research Center (it basically provided the technology Apple used in its first iteration).
I was thinking along those lines as well.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
7uqwyp.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Honestly, if it's the Big 12 just adding Colorado and us...that's kinda not great. I would've MUCH preferred going along with Arizona to continue to bolster the league as the best basketball conference in the country. Because none of the 5 schools (CU, UA, ASU, UConn, and Utah) move the needle in football except for Utah kind of. So A Big 12 with Colorado and UConn isn't much better than mid-2000s Big East football.
First of all getting UConn was the biggest prize. I understand why Cuse or UCF fans are in denial but I scratch my head when UConn fans fail to understand this. We put the B12 significantly ahead of other conferences in bb with our addition.

Colorado was a necessity albeit not a bad one. I agree getting Arizona would have solidified it even more but an argument can be made ASU was too big a price to pay.

I rather hope Yormark’s vision proves out, that bb is the biggest untapped money maker for conferences and that the northeast market is under marketed. If the Big12 can capitalize on this and if/when the ACC implodes we can get six better properties from that conference than what U of A and ASU would provide. Or we get U of A alone at a later date.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's very possible. They also may have made some of the additional revenues easier to reach.

If Apple is doing this, I would not be surprised if it is in part due to the benefits that company received decades ago from the Palo Alto Research Center (it basically provided the technology Apple used in its first iteration).
What does Xerox PARC have to do with this? I used to look at it out my window at work. Microsoft, Apple, 3Com and others all ripped off ideas from Xerox.

If they are doing it, it's because an extra few million is a rounding error on just their interest income for a single day.

CL82

Reaction Score
This group isn't fending off the pillagers (B1G, SEC, XII) by adding two California schools that none of those conferences wanted.

Map for emphasis of how much of a misfit it would be to add them three time zones away.
View attachment 90348
On the other hand the operating plan du jour is to get content in multiple time zones. Our addition to the ACC would not help them do that.

Just envisioning how CR#1 will incarnate itself next.

Reaction Score
WHO CARES?!?!?! GET IT DONE AD DAVE!!!!!!!
This is the #begharder mentality.

Are we really now begging to get into a conference that just, apparently, got spurned by tier 2 Pac schools in favor of staying in a conference that:
  • Pays half of what the Big 12 would've
  • Has nine total members and can only realistically add G5 schools
  • Will be almost exclusively on a non-network streaming platform
If I'm the ACC, B1G, or SEC right now, the Big 12 is the one ripe for poaching, not the other way around. For all of his bluster, the only thing Yormark has delivered is Colorado.

Reaction Score
On the other hand the operating plan du jour is to get content in multiple time zones. Our addition to the ACC would not help them do that.

Just envisioning how CR#1 will incarnate itself next.
It depends on the conference.. Look at the population by time zone:

47.6% Eastern
29.1% Central
16.6% Pacific
6.7% Mountain

If you are the Big 12, you needed to get into the Eastern time zone as that is where almost half the population lives.

CL82

Reaction Score
You'd be surprised how early colleges schedule meetings; friend was a trustee at SU and they'd meet at 6:30 or 7 regularly
Especially for unscheduled meetings, an early start with a hard cap gets things done and gets you out efficiently.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes. Congrats.
OK, at this point I'm imagining GoKU slipping into various different PAC 12 school meetings and yelling from the back, "you know that Apple deal is not all that bad..." and then slipping out and catching a plane to the next one. Rinse and repeat.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It’s more than that. It’s hardwired in our DNA. The worse species combination is having intelligence while retaining irrational emotional primitive survival needs. We’re one of the few species who react in a life or death manner at things that’s are not life and death or have a poor correlations to it.

To be fair it is frequently difficult to gather all the information necessary to know if something is a real or potentially real threat and even when we do we cannot predict with absolute accuracy all possible outcomes.

That will always exist. But this forum demonstrates how easily we can be pulled away from rational discourse when our emotions ( particularly fear) come into play. And it demonstrates how easy it becomes for those lacking integrity to manipulate that fear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom