Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 544 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I understand that one can’t be totally certain about anything when it comes to realignment, BUT I can’t imagine the Big Ten being interested in Clemson. I find FSU hard to believe, but it’s a good university in a state that is a major recruiting grounds and is 3rd largest in population. But Clemson? The Big Ten values educational reputation and flagships and markets. I can’t see it.
Clemson and FSU seem like obvious SEC fits to me. UNC, Duke, Notre Dame, and Virginia would likely be the candidates for the Big Ten. All the rest will get picked up by the Big 12 or left to die.

Reaction Score
I understand that one can’t be totally certain about anything when it comes to realignment, BUT I can’t imagine the Big Ten being interested in Clemson. I find FSU hard to believe, but it’s a good university in a state that is a major recruiting grounds and is 3rd largest in population. But Clemson? The Big Ten values educational reputation and flagships and markets. I can’t see it.
Obviously the B1G wants a southern presence if true. But if true, this blows apart the ACC. And the situation becomes immediately a LOT more complex. This is shaping up to be the week that was.

Reaction Score
Arizona hasn't committed yet. It will happen or not by Wednesday.
I get that. But that wasn’t my point.

I understand that if UConn’s invite was contingent on how things play out with the PAC, I would understand the delay. But you and/or your sources indicated that UConn is in, not 90% or 95%, but definitely in.

When Colorado made the decision to ditch the PAC, an invite was immediate. Why the unnecessary angst in UConn’s case?

Reaction Score
Obviously the B1G wants a southern presence if true. But if true, this blows apart the ACC. And the situation becomes immediately a LOT more complex. This is shaping up to be the week that was.
Maybe it won't blow the ACC apart. This looks carefully crafted if true. They are not ripping out the heart of the ACC, and UConn and WVA could slide right in to backfill.

Reaction Score

I understand that if UConn’s invite was contingent on how things play out with the PAC, I would understand the delay. But you and/or your sources indicated that UConn is in, not 90% or 95%, but definitely in.

When Colorado made the decision to ditch the PAC, an invite was immediate. Why the unnecessary angst in UConn’s case?
Go to page 1 of this thread and read through. You’ll see we’ve been in the realignment desert for a long long time.

We have FOMO , Stockholm syndrome, hundreds of posts showing Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown, media from all over the country not only ****g on us but also writing how no school has gotten more screwed in realignment than UConn and lastly we have our own terminology as it relates to CR including rule #1.

We bring a top 20 athletic department, win championships and have great academics. We move the needle in NYC, Boston, New England and nationally. We are a flagship university and own an entire state, However due to moving goalposts when criteria are established and three terrible football hires before Mora , the invite hasn’t arrived

Long story short we’re sick of getting jerked around

Asking us to be patient and less angsty just ain’t gonna happen

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe it won't blow the ACC apart. This looks carefully crafted if true. They are not ripping out the heart of the ACC, and UConn and WVA could slide right in to backfill.

if the ACC is about to implode why would we want to go there? Without the PAC and ACC the B12 is P3. This is not about regional rivalrie, it’s about money and survival. All the naysayers need to wake up.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
The interesting thing is you usually saw those two connected with the SEC and it was assumed the B1G was taking UVA/UNC. If that’s not the case, and they’re only taking the southern wing, the conference could survive

Reaction Score
Go to page 1 of this thread and read through. You’ll see we’ve been in the realignment desert for a long long time.

We have FOMO , Stockholm syndrome, hundreds of posts showing Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown, media from all over the country not only ****g on us but also writing how no school has gotten more screwed in realignment than UConn and lastly we have our own terminology as it relates to CR including rule #1.

We bring a top 20 athletic department, win championships and have great academics. We move the needle in NYC, Boston, New England and nationally. We are a flagship university and own an entire state, However due to moving goalposts when criteria are established and three terrible football hires before Mora , the invite hasn’t arrived

Long story short we’re sick of getting jerked around

Asking us to be patient and less angsty just ain’t gonna happen
I am somewhat aware of what’s transpired for the past 12 years, and heard about Rule #1. GoKU seems to have a good rep here, and I guess I’m curious how he is so certain about a UConn invite. And if it is definite, why the wait (which Colorado didn’t have to experience).

Maybe there is some strategic reason to wait on UConn’s announcement. But I also understand many waiting to hear after a week or two, “Ooooooooh, my sources were Sooooooo sure, but we never would have expected (such and such) was going to happen and change everything and leave you screwed again. Sorreeeee.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am somewhat aware of what’s transpired for the past 12 years, and heard about Rule #1. GoKU seems to have a good rep here, and I guess I’m curious how he is so certain about a UConn invite. And if it is definite, why the wait (which Colorado didn’t have to experience).

Maybe there is some strategic region to wait on UConn’s announcement. But I also understand many waiting to hear after a week or two, “Ooooooooh, my sources were Sooooooo sure, but we never would have expected (such and such) was going to happen and change everything and leave you screwed again. Sorreeeee.”
My guess with no insider information, is that a joint announcement of UConn and Arizona is a bigger splash in line with part of Yormarks vision to create the best hoops conference.

My hope is that is the the case. My fear is that we’re just gonna get kicked in the nuts again.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
My guess with no insider information, is that a joint announcement of UConn and Arizona is a bigger splash in line with part of Yormarks vision to create the best hoops conference.

My hope is that is the the case. My fear is that we’re just gonna get kicked in the nuts again.
Yormark probably hoping by announcing UConn together with, or slightly after AZ and ASU, the haters are at least somewhat distracted from focusing negativity on our addition as they revel in their additions of the other Pac 12 Power 5 schools...

Reaction Score
The interesting thing is you usually saw those two connected with the SEC and it was assumed the B1G was taking UVA/UNC. If that’s not the case, and they’re only taking the southern wing, the conference could survive
OR, maybe this rumor is a response to the thread where it was stated that the SEC is interested in UNC & Virginia to get into the 2 Southern States that they currently have no representation in. If both of those threads ring true, then the ACC STILL implodes & good riddance.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Arizona has a Wednesday deadline to make their decision. I’m sure Yormack has kept the powers at UConn in the loop. The rest of us have to be patient and suffer because the stakes are too important.

Reaction Score
Arizona has a Wednesday deadline to make their decision. I’m sure Yormack has kept the powers at UConn in the loop. The rest of us have to be patient and suffer because the stakes are too important.
Incorrect. Whether it is important or not we have no other choice. ;)

Reaction Score

He has hinted that Arizona is a package deal with ASU. He hinted Arizona won't be coming alone as the 14th. In other words, if Arizona doesn't come, then UConn gets in either way

Reaction Score
if the ACC is about to implode why would we want to go there? Without the PAC and ACC the B12 is P3. This is not about regional rivalrie, it’s about money and survival. All the naysayers need to wake up.
The ACC has the better brands and the power in this. They could lose 4 schools and still have better brands. Even better, they are located in densely populated states on the Atlantic seaboard.

Reaction Score
Why would the SEC even be interested in FSU or Clemson? They have Florida and South Carolina already and I doubt either of those schools would vote to allow them in.

The B1G grabbing them makes sense if their goal is to try to invade SEC territory
I think the SEC is more likely. Their goal is to become THE football conference, and get 4+ teams in the CFP each year. I don't believe they will try to extend their footprint a la Big Ten. Markets are less important than brand in this era, and Clemson/FSU are basically carrying the ACC with their FB value.

If the B1G is going to invade SEC territory it will be with Georgia Tech and Miami.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately, your worst fear is coming to fruition. When Aaron Torres says we're out, it ain't good. If I was a betting person, I think a few Presidents/ADs in the league continue to say no to UConn. I'd start with Ok State. It is bizarre that a writer from Oklahoma seems obsessed with writing about UConn in his column. But I'm sure he is in line for a few more scoops for the athletic department. Never underestimate how closely the reporters and athletic departments work together in these college towns, especially outside of metro areas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom