Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 446 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
If this is true, I hope we play Kansas, Arizona, and West Virginia 2x in an 18-game schedule.

Possible schedule:
1. Fairfield (H)
2. Yale (H)
3. MTE
4. MTE
5. MTE
6. Fordham (H)
7. Syracuse (A) Yearly H/H
8. Villanova (H) Yearly H/H
9. St. John's (A) Big 12-Big East challenge
10. Holy Cross (H)
11. Providence (A) Yearly H/H
12. Georgetown (H) Yearly H/H
13. Maine (H)
14. WVU (H)
15. Cincinnati (A)
16. BYU (H)
17. Texas Tech (A)
18. Baylor (A)
19. Arizona (H)
20. Arizona State (H)
21. Colorado (A)
22. Kansas (A)
23. Kansas State (H)
24. Iowa State (H)
25. WVU (A)
26. Houston (H)
27. TCU (H)
28. Arizona (A)
29. Kansas (H)
30. UCF (A)
31. Oklahoma State (H)

XL slate: Yale, Villanova, Maine, WVU, BYU, Arizona, Iowa State, Kansas
Gampel slate: Fairfield, Fordham, Holy Cross, Georgetown, Arizona State, Kansas State, Houston, TCU, Oklahoma State

Football schedule:
1. Sacred Heart (H)
2. Boston College (H)
3. Syracuse (A)
4. Cincinnati (H) Annual rival
5. BYU (A)
6. Colorado (A)
7. Texas Tech (H)
8. WVU (A) Annual rival
9. Oklahoma State (A)
10. Baylor (H)
11. Houston (A)
12. UCF (H) Annual rival

Rent slate: Sacred Heart, Boston College, Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Baylor, UCF
Love this.

But we don't need yearly bb games with Syracuse and Gtown.

Also, get at least one of the Arizona schools on our football schedule every year. Either Phoenix or Tucson would be an awesome road trip.

Reaction Score
I'm not seeing an explanation about why they would want two Arizona schools. Am i missing something? Note: Not trying to be a smart ass, just not seeing it.
AZ and ASU are an awesome rivalry; keeping them together will add value for any conference.

Also, Phoenix and Tucson are somewhat seperate markets. Probably better to get both than just one.

Reaction Score
Thanks @noeynox. I went every year from 1992 until the end of the Old Big East although I refused to go the final year since we were banned. Still try to get there as much as possible since we rejoined the conference but it’s a bit more difficult when you have kids. Always a great experience. There’s something very special about the BET at MSG.
Things like that are special and i know that for regular attendees it would be a HUGE loss. No one knows for sure if a move will happen.

Reaction Score
Many on here are taking Tramel's comments as we are likely out. I don't understand how anyone draws that conclusion. Is it not fair to reason that having "concerns" is different from outright objecting? If I recall, the BIG12 leaders put their faith and strong support behind Yormark and his vision. Yormark has made pretty crystal clear his vision of having NYC ... and last I checked no programs outside of an iron-clad GOR come close to UCONN. Yormark has stated programs with football would be for ALL SPORTS. BIG12 members can have reservations or concerns while still moving forward in faith, can they not?

Can someone on here remind us how BIG12 voting works for membership? Is it an all-or-nothing or a certain % majority rule?
Tramel is a mouthpiece for the conference. The article is a negotiating tactic to grind UConn down on the portion of TV revenue we will share in the initial years.

Once we join the conference, they will all profess to love us and to have always loved us.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nobody in the Big 12 cares about MSG. Not many people outside metro NY have any kind of reverence for it. We would never play league games there.
If you want to stake a flag in the New York metro area you have to look for opportunities to play at MSG. I could see in early season conference tournament there or maybe a doubleheader. Put teams outside of the normal big 12 pods in it. A Kansas UConn game at MSG would be a big draw and a good television event.

Reaction Score
This is a false narrative. UConn and the UConn twitter-verse needs to challenge these fools.
Agreed- I challenge it every chance I get on message boards, youtube, etc. Fight ignorance and laziness/piling on with facts. We need to stand up for ourselves for crying out loud - the programs supposedly ahead of us (CO and both AZ schools) haven't done anything for years/decades in the big 2 sports.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you want to stake a flag in the New York metro area you have to look for opportunities to play at MSG. I could see in early season conference tournament there or maybe a doubleheader. Put teams outside of the normal big 12 pods in it. A Kansas UConn game at MSG would be a big draw and a good television event.
They aren't going to play ordinary league games there. They don't in KC or Dallas or Houston. Might they look for chances to get B12 teams into the various tournament games at MSG. Sure. NYC isn't ever going to be a primary focal point of the league. We might as well get comfortable with that.

Reaction Score
I think we are school #1 for the Big12. It's us and Colorado or us and SDSU, IF the plan is to shake a couple of other PAC schools loose.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
It's gotta help our chances, we could easily get left behind in the dust if a bunch of Pac12 schools started running to the B12. There is no requirement that the B12 add an even number of schools.
There's no requirement the B12 add any schools at all - in a vacuum conferences are always more likely to just stand pat

Reaction Score
There's no requirement the B12 add any schools at all - in a vacuum conferences are always more likely to just stand pat

Sure, but if they want UConn and the east coast NYC market why would that interest evaporate just because they aren't adding west coast schools? It's not like we are demanding a travel partner.

Reaction Score
I think we are school #1 for the Big12. It's us and Colorado or us and SDSU, IF the plan is to shake a couple of other PAC schools loose.
No, we are not the Big 12's #1 school.

Also, this Pac-12 deal is a load of crap, it's not a deal. It's basically like if I stated I'm willing to accept the terms of the payout if I win the lottery.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They aren't going to play ordinary league games there. They don't in KC or Dallas or Houston. Might they look for chances to get B12 teams into the various tournament games at MSG. Sure. NYC isn't ever going to be a primary focal point of the league. We might as well get comfortable with that.
Or do a challenge versus another conference in NYC at MSG.

Reaction Score
AZ and ASU are an awesome rivalry; keeping them together will add value for any conference.

Also, Phoenix and Tucson are somewhat seperate markets. Probably better to get both than just one.
Maybe if the Big 12 is looking to add 6 teams, but I'm not sure 2 Arizona schools make sense if they are adding less than that.

They will probably add them both since I'm usually wrong when I try to guess conference realignment outcomes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom