Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 447 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I don't see how it could be announced today. The Board of Trustees has to vote on it and their next meeting isn't until June 28, 2023 (unless that gets changed).
Today is a stretch, but sooner than later i think.

I THINK, we either go in with Colorado or we go in with SDSU. SDSU needs to move before 7/1, for exit fee reasons from the MWC. If its us and Colorado i think SDSU slides to the PAC. If its UConn and SDSU, they might make a couple PAC schools scramble as there won't likely be enough room for all 4 corner schools.

My 2 uninformed cents.

Reaction Score
I don't see how it could be announced today. The Board of Trustees has to vote on it and their next meeting isn't until June 28, 2023 (unless that gets changed).
Doubt it would be today, but theoretically they could announce the invitation. It certainly wouldn't take long for the BOT to approve it.

No one thought we'd hear about the PGA merger yesterday either.

Reaction Score
The only question in my mind is how important is it that there be a 4th eastern partner. If WV, Cincy amd others pound table and argue for, we are in. If not important, we are out.

Bias aside, we are not a great fit for XII, and vice versa. This would be a marriage of convenience.

Reaction Score
Show me another Women's Basketball Coach with 11 National Titles.
Can't find any can you? 11 Nattys in WBB are great, so i don't want to turn this into crapping on that program but WBB hasn't mattered in conference realignment. UConn has a perception problem that they haven't invested in FB like in other sports. WE KNOW that's not true. The Rent and the practice facilities are great capital investments in the program. However this is how other people view the program in no small part because national talking heads like to say we "gave up on FB" when we left the AAC, which is a pile of crap.

Reaction Score
UConn has a perception problem that they haven't invested in FB like in other sports. WE KNOW that's not true. The Rent and the practice facilities are great capital investments in the program. However this is how other people view the program in no small part because national talking heads like to say we "gave up on FB" when we left the AAC, which is a pile of crap.

The "gave up on football" narrative also relates to the Covid year when we canceled the football season.

Reaction Score
Technically you would be right, by sheer number of scholarships. But find me 1 other school in the country where the women's BB coach makes more than the FB coach.

True, but he does have 11 Ships

Reaction Score
What will happen if Pac 12 stays in place? Could the Big 12 take schools like UConn, Tulane, SDSU and Gonzaga

Reaction Score
Technically you would be right, by sheer number of scholarships. But find me 1 other school in the country where the women's BB coach makes more than the FB coach.
Find me one other school in the nation who's woman's basketball coach has won 11 Natties, then you'll have your answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom