Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 543 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The problem is everyone knows UConn isn’t going anywhere and will always be available.
UConn is like a 6 in a bar at 10:00pm. No one is gonna try and pick up UConn when there are still 8 and 10’s in the bar. UConn will have wait until 15 minutes before closing time and hope all the 8‘s and 10’s have gone home.
Therein lies the misconception. Never underestimate how well a 6 can perform, because a 6 needs to. A few years with P5 funding and UConn = Bo Derek

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This report goes back to this tweet:

It's a Barstool guy, but he's prominent enough that it's key. There's always the chance he's trolling a bit because it's Barstool. But their reporters are not on the level of the Twitterati so it's unlikely he completely pulled this out of his ass.

He’s also from Connecticut and a big UConn fan fwiw

Reaction Score
New to this board so forgive me if this has been discussed but does anyone have a sense of what our plan b is if this falls through? Do we think football can continue surviving as an independent for the foreseeable future? Mostly I’m thinking of the financial strain not so much the success.
Depends what your definition of foreseeable future is. Independence for UConn is certainly doable for the coming ~5 years. The upcoming schedules are solid, a good amount of P5 games, and mostly full through 2027. Future UConn Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

I don't think it's a permanent solution though. However, it does provide a path forward to sustain and build success until the inevitable next round of realignment happens - which will 100% happen. Unlike in past rounds where UConn wasn't invited, the program is on much more stable ground than being on the sinking ship old Big East or the AAC.

Reaction Score
I understand that one can’t be totally certain about anything when it comes to realignment, BUT I can’t imagine the Big Ten being interested in Clemson. I find FSU hard to believe, but it’s a good university in a state that is a major recruiting grounds and is 3rd largest in population. But Clemson? The Big Ten values educational reputation and flagships and markets. I can’t see it.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

It's a Barstool guy, but he's prominent enough that it's key. There's always the chance he's trolling a bit because it's Barstool. But their reporters are not on the level of the Twitterati so it's unlikely he completely pulled this out of his ass.

For the record- there is zero planet in which Jack Mac is key

Reaction Score
I understand that one can’t be totally certain about anything when it comes to realignment, BUT I can’t imagine the Big Ten being interested in Clemson. I find FSU hard to believe, but it’s a good university in a state that is a major recruiting grounds and is 3rd largest in population. But Clemson? The Big Ten values educational reputation and flagships and markets. I can’t see it.
Florida State and Clemson just don't feel like good fits in Big Ten- would rather see UNC

Reaction Score
I'd be really pessimistic right now if not for 2 things.

1. Bill Self went right past 14 and said they were looking to add 16, whether that meant 3 Pac12 teams and a BE team "like UConn." But, I suppose, he could've also meant 4 Pac12 teams.

2. Dave Benedict retweeted a mock tweet making fun of a B12 fan saying UConn is the last choice behind 15 to 20 G5s. That's a look

Reaction Score
That's not going to happen. Better chance at nobody else from the PAC than that.
Sounds plausible. But why the delay in announcing UConn to the Big 12 or waiting for the Arizona schools to bolt if it is definitely happening?

Reaction Score

a serious rumor. That's like strenuously objecting. Or grave danger. Is there another kind?

Reaction Score
I’m a bit surprised UConn is still clammed up so tight. It must mean they did think they have a seat at the table even though chair is sitting on trap door ready to swing open at any moment. Can we have our invite..

1690775611623.gif

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I wonder if they would be saying the same thing if it was Syracuse in waiting.... Same region, a basketball school that has been limping along with P5 money. It's all closed-minded perception at this point... based on some seriously flawed biased logic. Thankfully they aren't the visionaries

Also, side note can someone explain how Colorado is ranked 70 globally with UConn at 309 but nationally Uconn is 67 and Colorado 97...
That same publication has Dartmouth around 170 globally. Yea, okay.

Reaction Score
I’m a bit surprised UConn is still clammed up so tight. It must mean they did think they have a seat at the table even though chair is sitting on trap door ready to swing open at any moment. Can we have our invite..

View attachment 90215
Be patient. A P5 invitation is coming (at some point)... albeit it's certainly taking a LOT longer than is justified.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom