Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 542 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
New to this board so forgive me if this has been discussed but does anyone have a sense of what our plan b is if this falls through? Do we think football can continue surviving as an independent for the foreseeable future? Mostly I’m thinking of the financial strain not so much the success.

Reaction Score
If your conference commissioner has a plan to make your conference the 3rd best in the country why would the university presidents not vote for the commissioner's plan?
Who says they aren’t?

Reaction Score
The problem is everyone knows UConn isn’t going anywhere and will always be available.
UConn is like a 6 in a bar at 10:00pm. No one is gonna try and pick up UConn when there are still 8 and 10’s in the bar. UConn will have wait until 15 minutes before closing time and hope all the 8‘s and 10’s have gone home.
We are a 10 by any standard that is relevant. Nobody wins like we do. There is nobody even close in basketball. Our football is proven it can win against P5s all day long with a good conference affiliation and support. The market is excellent and adjusted for HHI only morons look past it. Yormak seemed to get it, but it’s clear he’s got a cast of non-business folks looking west for gold when I diamond is sitting right in front of them.

Reaction Score

If UCF, Cinn, and WV really want another east coast school (UConn) then they need just one more vote to make it happen. It takes 75%, 9 of the 12 members, to add a new school. So those eastern three just need one more to block any additional members unless UConn is one of them. One they could approach is BYU. In turn they could agree not to support Utah (would BYU want Utah in the Big12?).

Maybe they would not want to do that since two of them are new and all are just happy to be there. But if this round of Big12 expansion is only western schools, that wouldn't be ideal for them.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
If UCF, Cinn, and WV really want another east coast school (UConn) then they need just one more vote to make it happen. It takes 75%, 9 of the 12 members, to add a new school. So those eastern three just need one more to block any additional members unless UConn is one of them. One they could approach is BYU. In turn they could agree not to support Utah (would BYU want Utah in the Big12?).

Maybe they would not want to do that since two of them are new and all are just happy to be there. But if this round of Big12 expansion is only western schools, that wouldn't be ideal for them.
Based on what GoKU posted, sounds like we have a friend in Kansas. We shall see.

Hey @GoKU what if only Arizona out of the PAC comes, we still in? Who would they add as 16?

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
honestly feel bad for UMass fans, I don't know a single sport they are good in maybe waterpolo lol, obvious the guy rooting for an FCS program would love UConn to be on their A-10 level for as long as possible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
honestly feel bad for UMass fans, I don't know a single sport they are good in maybe waterpolo lol, obvious the guy rooting for an FCS program would love UConn to be on their A-10 level for as long as possible.
I'm guessing that you don't follow hockey.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
not much, NHL occasionally not my favorite sport
I see a couple other people pointed out to UMass were National champs.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how much weight being P5 does for your reputation. No one bats an eye at Big12 adding Colorado who went 1-11 last year and has only played in 2 bowl games in last 15 years. But since they are already P5 its a "great add" according to media.

Meanwhile we just keep winning nattys in bball and football finally has a real coach but we get dumped on by twitter trolls and the media. im sick of it.

Reaction Score
Serious question. Are many on this board too young to have live through through this realignment nightmare?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom