Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 540 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

I wonder if they would be saying the same thing if it was Syracuse in waiting.... Same region, a basketball school that has been limping along with P5 money. It's all closed-minded perception at this point... based on some seriously flawed biased logic. Thankfully they aren't the visionaries

Also, side note can someone explain how Colorado is ranked 70 globally with UConn at 309 but nationally Uconn is 67 and Colorado 97...

Reaction Score
Absolutely not

You stated unequivocally numerous times Colorado comes, we get the invite immediately as number 14 this past week. No qualifications about any other PAC interest, which was an obvious possibility

Now you've moved the goal posts to include conversations with the other PAC teams have held it up

The truth is you are just reading the same things we are.

As for this take, you are 2 championships behind in the modern era, not even close.
If UConn was announced with Colorado, the Big 12 loses its leverage with Arizona. Why do you think the 14 number was given to the press?

Kansas leads college basketball in all time wins. Our first coach invented the game. Rupp and Smith learned at Kansas. We are basketball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thank God we don’t have to. Everything you read on the internet is 100% true.
Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Reaction Score
Well i have seen UMass fans speculate that if UConn gets into the Big12 its the end of UMass FB. Why they believe this is beyond me, but it may explain Wolken.
Although UMass doesn’t support football well , they do believe it is important for the college experience and there has not been talk of dropping to fcs. FCS costs money too.

Reaction Score
Although UMass doesn’t support football well , they do believe it is important for the college experience and there has not been talk of dropping to fcs. FCS costs money too.
I'm just saying I've seen UMass people on Twitter fret a UConn move to the Big12 because of what it would mean to their program. I don't agree or follow, but that thought is out there. Wolkem being a UMass guy could explain his animus toward UConn.

Reaction Score
People really struggle with the athletic success of UConn. Those who oppose any move to a top conference can’t bear the thought of how much stronger UConn sports will even become.
I agree. We are full throttle with athletics right now and doing a damn good job. Imagine what we’d be like if you threw in a P5 income. It would be wild

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Wolken is a UMass fan. That should be punishment enough.
I don’t think so unless he’s a glutton for punishment lol never thought I’d do a deep dive on Dan Wolken, but here it is:

Wolken is a 2001 graduate of Vanderbilt University, where he earned a bachelors in communication studies. A native of Hot Springs, Ark., Wolken now lives in Atlanta.

This stood out to me (so maybe he’s carrying Memphis’s water):

Prior to that, he was a college basketball reporter and sports columnist for the Memphis Commercial Appeal, where he covered the University of Memphis' rise to the Final Four and subsequent NCAA scandal.

Reaction Score
Berry Tramel still banging his UConn animus drum…

CT High School football isn't FL, never mind NJ or PA, but Loomis Chaffee and Avon Old Farms have an impressive commitment list that includes Alabama, Miami, Penn State, Wisconsin, etc. Before you say those kids are not from CT and never would go to UConn, the same was true of hockey until UConn joined Hockey East.

Reaction Score
I'm just saying I've seen UMass people on Twitter fret a UConn move to the Big12 because of what it would mean to their program. I don't agree or follow, but that thought is out there. Wolkem being a UMass guy could explain his animus toward UConn.
They are envious of UConns accomplishments and attention and would prefer them to not have success.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If UConn was announced with Colorado, the Big 12 loses its leverage with Arizona. Why do you think the 14 number was given to the press?

Kansas leads college basketball in all time wins. Our first coach invented the game. Rupp and Smith learned at Kansas. We are basketball.
Springfield College in Springfield Massachusetts is the location where James Naismith invented basketball in 1891.

The distance between Gampel Pavilion at UConn and where basketball was invented is 47 miles. We're bringing New England and the geographical location of where basketball was invented to the B12.

James Naismith earned a medical degree at the University of Colorado in 1898.

James Naismith was the first Kansas head coach from 1898 to 1907. The Allen Fieldhouse (basketball surface is named James Naismith Court) is located on Naismith Drive. The distance between Allen Fieldhouse and where Naismith invented basketball is 1392 miles

Lots of basketball history to go with what's happening with this round of conference realignment to support a commissioner whose goal is to make the B12 the preeminent basketball conference.

Reaction Score
I think you are thinking of Dan Wetzel. He’s a UMass grad who was there around the Calipari time and he hated Calhoun and UConn

Reaction Score
I wonder if they would be saying the same thing if it was Syracuse in waiting.... Same region, a basketball school that has been limping along with P5 money. It's all closed-minded perception at this point... based on some seriously flawed biased logic. Thankfully they aren't the visionaries

Also, side note can someone explain how Colorado is ranked 70 globally with UConn at 309 but nationally Uconn is 67 and Colorado 97...
There are a lot of posts by B12 fans trying to raid the ACC by taking Syracuse.

I don't think these people know much of anything about the northeast.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of posts by B12 fans trying to raid the ACC by taking Syracuse.

I don't think these people know much of anything about the northeast.
Ill believe the ACC GOR is breakable when i see it. It was copied from the Big12 and Oklahoma and Texas paid 100 million to get out a year early. 50 million each. So that do that math ×13 years and you have your starting point for getting out of the ACC GOR. Oh yeah, and the exit fee money too.

Reaction Score
The game was always to use football as a means to leverage the state into giving it more resources. Partly because that's how they think they made UConn work.

This wasn't the current presidents plan but he's full on board because he knows sports runs the bus. Marty Meehan is a former 6 term congress critter and was Lowell's chancellor (disclosure i am a UMass Lowell alum, UConn doctorate) and so he buys into roughly the same game plan.

That being said I know that wasn't UConn's game plan as such but played a roll. My view has always been that CT wanted a high quality state institution whereas MA is boston focused and they don't feel the need for such an institution due to all the private schools

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom