Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 539 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kansas is better. Sorry.

1690736291731.jpeg

Agree to disagree.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is there anything to the smoke around Oregon/Washington
My guess is that if Washington and Oregon can keep UA in the fold, they aren’t going anywhere. If Arizona is going, it makes the PAC less viable in the near term and that could force a move.

Reaction Score
Show your math. 5>4 isn’t convincing unless you think UCLA is the greatest program of all time. I certainly don’t. They had one great stretch.

I don’t think there’s any clear answers here. KU is 6th in titles, but first in all time wins. Unmatched consistency over time. Last time KU missed the tournament was 1989. Kentucky is 2nd in wins and titles, and probably Deserves bragging rights if anyone does. North Carolina is 3rd in wins and titles. Duke, UConn and IU with 5 but Duke dominates on wins at 4th. UConn is a distant 25th and IU 10th. But then you can factor in recency and how much happened since the expansion of the tournament, that helps UConn, hurts IU and UCLA.

For me the top 5 are UK, KU, UNC, Duke and UCLA. UConn probably sits at #6. Keep winning and that can change.
U may be correct if considering all-time. Now make the numbers for the last quarter century which is what really counts

CL82

Reaction Score
Counting women we do leap to #1 for sure.
Or without them unless we are going to start counting imaginary Helms trophies.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Or without them unless we are going to start counting imaginary Helms trophies.
We’d still be ahead of Kentucky and UNC? Um…no. That’s just delusional. I don’t want us to become a hated fan base. I’m fine if Cooley calls us arrogant, because vs PC that’s deserved. We are in the mix of elite programs and that is all that matters.

CL82

Reaction Score
We’d still be ahead of Kentucky and UNC? Um…no. That’s just delusional. I don’t want us to become a hated fan base. I’m fine if Cooley calls us arrogant, because vs PC that’s deserved. We are in the mix of elite programs and that is all that matters.
LOL, imaginary trophies dreamed up long after the season has passed are delusional. We laughed at them when our Canadian friends wanted to tell theirs, that's not changing when someone treats them out in favor of Kansas. The difference is Kansas actually has real success so trying to pad it with imaginary trophies just seems silly.

5>4. Internalize this thought my friend, because of all things go well this next week, you may be seeing it a lot.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
LOL, imaginary trophies dreamed up long after the season has passed are delusional.

5>4 my friend.
What? Kentucky has 8 NCAA titles. Not Helms.

CL82

Reaction Score
What? Kentucky has 8 NCAA titles. Not Helms.
Not in men's basketball. That would be 1952, 1988, 2008*, 2022*

Now if you are talking overall then the formula becomes 24>12.

*Bill Self thus questionable

Reaction Score
Actually I've been right on everything.

Absolutely not

You stated unequivocally numerous times Colorado comes, we get the invite immediately as number 14 this past week. No qualifications about any other PAC interest, which was an obvious possibility

Now you've moved the goal posts to include conversations with the other PAC teams have held it up

The truth is you are just reading the same things we are.

As for this take, you are 2 championships behind in the modern era, not even close.

Reaction Score
Actually I've been right on everything.
We really appreciate your presence. We just want you to be right about the B12 expansion regarding UCONN.

Once we are in the B12, I have no doubt UCONN/Kansas will be a great rivalry for both fanbases. With some national coverage and hype, I am confident it can reach the level of Duke/UNC in time. If nothing else, the NCAA men's basketball title chase (5>4) between our programs would be awesome since we are so close to each other right now.

CL82

Reaction Score
Absolutely not

You stated unequivocally numerous times Colorado comes, we get the invite immediately as number 14 this past week. No qualifications about any other PAC interest, which was an obvious possibility

Now you've moved the goal posts to include conversations with the other PAC teams have held it up

The truth is you are just reading the same things we are.

As for this take, you are 2 championships behind in the modern era, not even close.
Relax.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not in men's basketball. That would be 1952, 1988, 2008*, 2022*

Now if you are talking overall then the formula becomes 24>12.

*Bill Self thus questionable
You’re still talking Kansas when I’m talking Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Really? I don't know if I want to live in a world where you can't take everything you read on the Internet as being 100% true.
Thank God we don’t have to. Everything you read on the internet is 100% true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom